Possibly the worst decision the devs have ever made so far.

BeefTenderloin

As someone who is currently taking Typography in college, I like the use of Comic Sans here. It's totally Kerbal and looks like someone just scrawled on the tank with a marker. Please keep it!

EDIT: Wait a sec, you're allowed to post screenshots of the experimentals? No NDA?

Edited by AlternNocturn

I think the main reason why there's such Comic Sans hate is pretty much the same reason why anything that goes mainstream gets derided by the fringe: it's no longer "hip" or "cool" when everyone's doing it (and especially when people who aren't font connoisseurs are using it; the nerve!). I've seen the same sort of response towards default assets in game design programs as well: just because the majority of content made with them is awful, the association of awfulness gets unfairly pegged on the tool instead of the ones who used it poorly. Horribly childish, but what can you do?

Comic Sans is actually really helpful for children with learning difficulties and people with dyslexia. The letters are all different enough to make distinguishing them much easier, especially r and n, which can look like an 'm' in a lot of fonts:

rnmrnmmrnrnm

vs

rnmrnmmrnrnm

I'm pleased that KSP will be accessable to more people.

http://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/about-dyslexia/further-information/dyslexia-style-guide.html

It doesn't really match the theme of KSP though -- all the other parts have blocky, science-y text, but this just looks out of place. It is large, rounded text - not something one would expect on a danger sign. The LV-N engine "Danger!" sign wouldn't look as good in comic sans.

its just boring. its like someone just drew up some letters in ms paint and turned it into a font. typfacing should be an art, not something people just throw together.

in any case, shouldn't it say

"!orgilep¡ Aicneic Sasoc"

instead of

"Danger! Science Stuff"

i mean, why label a module with a language that the kerbals can't even read?

How can people bring themselves to defend comic sans in public? Do you hide your face in shame when you go out? Or are you all just primary school teachers?

oooo, ouch! lol.

Comic Sans is actually really helpful for children with learning difficulties and people with dyslexia. The letters are all different enough to make distinguishing them much easier, especially r and n, which can look like an 'm' in a lot of fonts:

rnmrnmmrnrnm

vs

rnmrnmmrnrnm

I'm pleased that KSP will be accessable to more people.

http://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/about-dyslexia/further-information/dyslexia-style-guide.html

tbh that just goes to show how varied lysdexia is. I'm dyslexic (not badly, just enough to scam a computer out of the govt while at uni) but I can barely read the above line written in ComicSans, it just makes my head swim. The first line is much clearer.

tbh font is always going to be a personal thing. Maybe we should suggest that font should be an in game option, then the hardcore scientists can go mono-spaced and the nutters can use wingdings!

Edited by katateochi

oooo, ouch! lol.

tbh that just goes to show how varied lysdexia is. I'm dyslexic (not badly, just enough to scam a computer out of the govt while at uni) but I can barely read the above line written in ComicSans, it just makes my head swim. The first line is much clearer.

tbh font is always going to be a personal thing. Maybe we should suggest that font should be an in game option, then the hardcore scientists can go mono-spaced and the nutters can use wingdings!

Varying the font on textures would be very difficult. I'm just trying to say they really need to rework the "Danger!" sign. It just doesn't seem up to par with either the humour of KSP, or the grammar.

How can people bring themselves to defend comic sans in public? Do you hide your face in shame when you go out? Or are you all just primary school teachers?

Primary school teachers and people who know how to have fun.

Sheesh, people. Talk about 1st-world problems...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.