What is the farthest Kerbal-Made object you have from the sun, and the closest?

ExplodingRocketShips

Closest: Sundivers.

Closest orbiting: Abandoned mothership orbiting Moho.

Farthest: HyperEditing to Exameters of distance

Farthest semi-legit: 80g Kraken drives. Several hundred Eeloo distances away.

Farthest actually legit: Random solar escape probes

Farthest crewed: ITV-015, en route to Eeloo.

Farthest crewed with mods: Sarnus from OPM with stock parts.

• 11 months later...

The farthest I got was 3525 Yottameters away from the sun. Unfortunately, I can't get an image. Oh well.

I'm in the save right now, and I am trying to get all 10,000+ kerbals back. Their ship is a few hundred kilometers long. It was assembled in the orbit of Eeloo, due to the size and how far they needed to go. It took them 8.5 billion years, and their home is destroyed. They are all in cryogenic stasis pods. Jeb, Bob, Bill, Valentina, the entire population of the space center, and the kerbals that survived the Big Impact, which made a crater 100km wide that split entire continents and basically destroyed the planet. They have no idea how this happened, but half the atmosphere was ejected, and it has apparently gathered around the Mun and Minmus, with the Mun having 12.2 kilometers, and Minmus having only 750 meters of atmosphere. Apparently, some kerbals survived and found that both moons have ogygen, even if you have to stay on the lowest parts of it. Liquid water managed to form, and when Kerbol expanded into a red giant, the moons were ejected out to Jool, and were captured by it, with the Mun around Tylo and Minmus around Laythe, coinidently. It only took about 924,000 years, somehow. Anyway, the kerbals survived and now, as Kerbol is about to blow in about 100,000 years or so. Then again, the ship wasn't travelling the speed of light, and about 2,000 kerbals didn't go into cryogenic stasis, which means they developed a stable Kraken Drive and managed to calculate that, giving it 99.9% the ships power, it could go over 21,473 times the speed of light. They then went into cryogenic stasis and are now being awoken. Kerbol has aquired so much mass now that when it blows, it will become a quasi-star. Quasi-stars have been discovered across the universe, and it is believed that Kerbol will become one.

I feel like I've just developed the idea for a completely new Kopernicus planet pack. 

NOTE: This was done in 1.2.2, so if you want to develop that planet pack, make if for 1.2.2 as well, as I don't have the confidence that everything will work in the latest version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2013 at 12:27 AM, lajoswinkler said:

Do Kerbals count as Kerbal made objects? Because I've got one orbiting Kerbol with periapsis close to 1500m and that's about the closest you can go.

The farthest are the probes on Eeloo. I never went outside its orbit.

quite an interesting comment

they can, technically, because they are a vessel and they appear in the tracking station.

• 4 years later...

My furthest object as of now is just a random winglet from a basic Satellite mission to orbit Kerbin. It's going about 23788739.1 meters away from Kerbol every second. I have no idea how it happened, but it's out there.
(Old image, it's way past doubled the distance now)
unknown.png

Farthest (serious) mission: A long-period comet that I visited a few months ago, at roughly 350 million km away. Just getting there took almost 20 years, and getting back another 30. I’ve had a few random pieces of debris reach over 1 billion km by the end of a career game though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.