TSP (Tau Space Program 1.2)

Darnok

Modular designs are...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Modular designs are...

• too heavy for my cpu (too many parts).
    • awesome and useful, thanks to so many applications.
    • ugly, dedicated desings are much better looking.

Everyone are talking about Dragon V2, so I've decided to add few engines to my MPCV :)

You have to set thrust power to max, but don't activate engines yet (if you did press 8 to toggle them).

Wait until 1300-1200 meters (depends how much rcs fuel you have, if tanks are full you are heavy, so you need to start breaking little earlier)

and press space or 8 to activate engines.

It also have 4 backup parachutes.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Thanks to modular design it was very easy...

bDyMfmv.png

from Perseus MPCV detach avionics module

t3kfYkd.png

add engines, fuel tanks and landing legs

5IAsTrC.png

add two more parachutes to capsule and attach avionics module

eTWZUOG.png

and there you go, ready to fly and land almost everywhere (mountains are bad;) ).

Ascender 5

5 tons to 80x80 km orbit.

All new ascenders are designed to reach apoapsis as close as possible to orbit altitude on 1st stage.

With Ascender 5 I was able to reach apoapsis 80km (with mechjeb default ascent path) on 1st stage, so 2nd stage is mostly used to make final push to orbit.

omBsrdC.png

dropping 1st stage after I hit apoapsis 80km

Ec5NRa3.png

second stage

6JgOMfu.png

Download sub: Ascender 5 file

• 3 weeks later...
Nice to see you still in the works! I'm looking forward to the moment you bring your wonderful crafts for a sightseeing around Duna.

I think first is going to be mars one like mission (I have almost everything ready for it), then I will try to make mars direct and last mars constellation (because landers are quite hard to make in modular style) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Little update of my MPCV Perseus V2 to make it easier to use as sub

K6vjk9Il.png

Dgp6x5Ul.jpg

TEtqgqKl.png

Now chutes are connected with fuel tank not with command pod like before. It makes things much faster when I am creating new craft from scratch :)

zQV1ABul.png

and it has "hibernation mode" since it comes without power source, I turned off command pod battery

Btd281Yl.jpg

you can leave it in orbit for months and when you want to land just turn on command pod battery (150 energy), descent with RCS and land :)

The sheer numbers of crafts that you have posted are slightly overwhelming :wink:. The modular SSTOs were interesting but did you ever use them for any purpose? Ie. removing the jet and rockets in place of a single nerva then going interplanetary before rendezvousing again and reverting to normal SSTO functions of were they just for testing purposes?

The sheer numbers of crafts that you have posted are slightly overwhelming :wink:. The modular SSTOs were interesting but did you ever use them for any purpose? Ie. removing the jet and rockets in place of a single nerva then going interplanetary before rendezvousing again and reverting to normal SSTO functions of were they just for testing purposes?

As for SSTOs I am not using and not building them right now.

First I will try to land in manned mission (mars-one, mars-direct, constellation all of them if I will have time) on Duna and make some reusable and modular rocket - falcon like.

I think I know why spaceX is making them and cost efficient imo is not only purpose :P

I also have idea for two types of landers. After that I will be back to SSTOs I guess.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.