[0.90]Kerbal Isp Difficulty Scaler v1.4.2; 12/16/14

ferram4

I've changed the file so it doesn't check for ksp version anymore. It seems to work now with 1.02, in that you can change the isp values of engines.

I wouldn't turn the "Thrust varies with ISP" setting on though. I think the patch changed/removed a value, so I don't think it'll work (I kinda macgyver'd it).

You can get the dll *removed* if you're interested.

If ferram4 doesn't want it up, I'll remove the link.

Edited by teal'c

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse me Teal'C, about that zip you provided for kerbal sip difficulty scaler, I tried it with kip version 1.0.2 and the scaler is not working but the menu shows up. Do you know if anyone is working on a developmental release yet? Thank you for taking your time to reading this.

• 2 weeks later...
Not yet unfortunately. However, since Kerbal sip Difficulty Scaler is GPL, anyone including you can maintain it and update it so others don't have to.

Also, with the change to Isp in 1.0, much of the motivation is gone - atmo and vac Isps do actually work correctly.

Also, with the change to Isp in 1.0, much of the motivation is gone - atmo and vac Isps do actually work correctly.

I agree with the point of atmo and vac ISP's, but I miss making my rockets guzzle fuel like no tomorrow. That way I actually have an incentive to build a really huge rocket.

TBH, I really miss this mod...

Edited by FiiZzioN

I also miss using this mod to use my existing rockets under RSS without having to start all over just to simulate the large scale of planets and physics. Now I have to go realism overhaul just to enjoy RSS.

You can turn of the tempter gauges by pressing F10. However, I wish there was some sort of work around or fix coming soon for KIDS. I am getting sick and tired of having to start over and build rockets that protrude the VAB and require complete overhauls just to use RSS. I just want something simple and fast.

- - - Updated - - -

You can turn of the temperature gauges by pressing F10. However, I wish there was some sort of work around or fix coming soon for KIDS. I am getting sick and tired of having to start over and build rockets that protrude the VAB and require complete overhauls just to use RSS. I just want something simple and fast.

You can turn of the tempter gauges by pressing F10. However, I wish there was some sort of work around or fix coming soon for KIDS. I am getting sick and tired of having to start over and build rockets that protrude the VAB and require complete overhauls just to use RSS. I just want something simple and fast.

I know right? I won't be able to use KSP with RSS until someone either makes a stock part rebalance that does not change any sizes, or until this mod is updated.

Me too. I tried using KIDS but in version 1.0.4, the heating system is different now and things do not work the same way anymore, which pretty much renders KIDS broken. Even if I use the version that has the fixed DLLs, all of my rockets and planes spontaneously combust the instant I ignite their engines or do anything. I can disable the overheating by pressing Alt-F12 and selecting overheat off, but it is not the same and the used up consumables I want burned up will just not burn because of that setting. It just does not feel right. I know this plugin is considered GPL, but can someone please try to make a pitch effort to bring it back alive?

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.