[1.3] RCS Sound Effects (2017-06-12)

pizzaoverhead

Hey, seems like something happened to the first post? Some links are missing.

Download from Curse

MediaFire Mirror

Source included, project also available on github, licenced under GPL v2.

But only github is a link. I guess we can just search curse for the mod, but direct links would be nice :)

Edited by guitarxe

Worse yet -- the link from the Curse page to this forum thread is also corrupted.

Here's your direct download link: http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/220521-rcs-sounds

My question: RSCSounds.version very clearly lists this download as v4.1 (just downloaded 4.1b for the third time, in fact, just to be sure) but AVC recognizes this as v1.1 and it throws a "you need to download the new version" prompt. Is there any way to fix this?

Hey, seems like something happened to the first post? Some links are missing.

But only github is a link. I guess we can just search curse for the mod, but direct links would be nice :)

Worse yet -- the link from the Curse page to this forum thread is also corrupted.

Thanks, the links here and on Curse are fixed now.

My question: RSCSounds.version very clearly lists this download as v4.1 (just downloaded 4.1b for the third time, in fact, just to be sure) but AVC recognizes this as v1.1 and it throws a "you need to download the new version" prompt. Is there any way to fix this?

There was an issue with Rover Wheel Sounds that was conflicting with RCS Sounds and causing this issue. You can get the fixed version here.

Edited by pizzaoverhead

• 2 weeks later...

If a vessel with fireing RCS goes out of loading range the game breakes (go to space center does no longer work, you need to hard quit).

Reprdouction:

Install latest BD Armory, fire the vacum missile in orbit and wait until it gets out of loading distance.

Screen:

PEfa9VQ.png

Specs:

KSP 0.25 x86 @ Win7 x64

Log: Link

Edited by acc

Folder structure is incorrect.

.version file is in the game root directory where AVC never sees it.

I'd recommend moving the .version file, License, and Source into the RCSsound folder

EDIT: Just checked that bug above by deorbiting a fuel tanker. I have MechJeb installed, so my SOP is to "board" the tanker ([ key), turn retro grade, hit "Z", and then jump back to my space station. Then I watch as it flies away at full RCS forward.

I checked the AltF2 log and as it gets beyond 2.4km from my station I get all the standard "unloaded:" and "Packed for orbit" messages but NO errors. No trouble going back to the Space Center either.

Edited by tg626

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@pizzaoverhead

Would you please make the hiss-bang of throttle-closure comport to thrust before cut-off? This change would improve immersion and prevent fine, rapid maneuvering from eliciting metallic clangor.

-Duxwing

Edited by Duxwing

@pizzaoverhead

Would you please make the hiss-bang of throttle-closure comport to thrust before cut-off? This change would improve immersion and prevent fine, rapid maneuvering from eliciting metallic clangor.

-Duxwing

I'm not sure what you mean here.

could you remove the hiss ending every RCS burn or make the hiss proportional to the burn's thrust?

-Duxwing

You can do this by removing the following line from ModuleManager_RcsSounds.cfg:

rcsShutoffSoundFile = RcsSounds/Sounds/RcsHeavyShutoff