[1.3] RCS Sound Effects (2017-06-12)

pizzaoverhead

Hey POH... :D Every time I have tried to adjust the allover volume from within the cfg, I dont seem to get a change or positive result. Am I missing something here or is the sound always set to default regardless of the cfg numerical value?

Thx man, your sound Improvements have made KSP a .... ton better imo.

Dren

I'm using RcsSounds with ModuleRCSFX so I get null exceptions. You need this:

get
{
if (this._rcsModule == null)
this._rcsModule = (ModuleRCS)this.part.Modules["ModuleRCS"];
this._rcsModule = (ModuleRCS)this.part.Modules["ModuleRCSFX"];
return this._rcsModule;
}

Or... how about making the string a field we can edit with MM?

get
{
this._rcsModule = (ModuleRCS)this.part.Modules[moduleName];
return this._rcsModule;
}

I'm not sure what you mean here.

I meant that the mod makes RCS ports loudly bang shut however-open they were and that the loudness of the ports' closing should comport to their prior openness; e.g., shutting a port at full thrust should be loud whereas shutting one barely thrusting should be almost-silent.

EDIT: I misheard the video: what I thought was a bang is a puff-hiss.

-Duxwing

• 4 weeks later...
You placed the .version file in the archive root rather then the "Gamedata/Rcssounds/" folder...

Thanks, fixed.

Thank you! Any idea btw, if squad is implementing sounds for wheels and rcs in the next release?

Your guess is as good as mine! So far they've only mentioned sounds for clicking buttons in menus, but in the past they've said that lots of sounds have already been made and are just waiting until they have time to add them to the game. We'll find out come version 1.0!

Can I find a version for .25 anywhere? Your github has only latest version, and .90 has crazy memory requirements, can't run it on my piece of antiquity. Current one spams 'Part.GetConnectedResources' into logs and kills performance on .25.

Btw, I always make modulemanager config to apply your cutoff sound to all small engines and to OMS engine. :P They're perfect! Can I find that old rcslight sound anywhere, for same purposes?

Is it possible to add rcs start sound? I've created one, now want to add it.

Edited by sashan

Can I find a version for .25 anywhere? Your github has only latest version, and .90 has crazy memory requirements, can't run it on my piece of antiquity. Current one spams 'Part.GetConnectedResources' into logs and kills performance on .25.

Btw, I always make modulemanager config to apply your cutoff sound to all small engines and to OMS engine. :P They're perfect! Can I find that old rcslight sound anywhere, for same purposes?

Is it possible to add rcs start sound? I've created one, now want to add it.

Sure. 4.2 was built for KSP 0.25. You can get it here. The old sound is here.

There is no way to add RCS start sounds yet, but that could be added in future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Woah! You had a recent update :D I wanted to mention though that your download has a very old iteration of ModuleManager in it... is that on purpose?

EDIT: Collision FX has an old version in it as well.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Thx for your great sound enhancements Pizza, we have talked a few times and still using your SRB sounds which are amazing. Hey I cant seem to get the RcS sound volume to increase. I have tried changing the values low and high in the cfg, but no changes seem to take affect.

Thx for your work bud. Dren

Thx for your great sound enhancements Pizza, we have talked a few times and still using your SRB sounds which are amazing. Hey I cant seem to get the RcS sound volume to increase. I have tried changing the values low and high in the cfg, but no changes seem to take affect.

Thx for your work bud. Dren

Make sure you're using the latest version of ModuleManager, and that your Ship Volume in the KSP settings is turned up. You can test if your configuration file is setting the volume correctly by setting it to zero and making sure you can't hear sound when the game runs.

If all else fails, here's a louder version of the RCS sound.