[1.3] RCS Sound Effects (2017-06-12)

pizzaoverhead

• 4 weeks later...
Is this mod still maintained? I made a pull request to make it compatible with all parts that implement RCSModule

Thanks for the contribution! I've bundled it into a new release.

Seems the light effects no longer function, anyone else has this problem?

KSP has a hard limit on the number of lights that can be displayed at any one time, and many new parts contain lights. You can increase the limit by upping the pixel light count in the game's graphics settings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any reports yet of 1.0.5 compatibility?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Works on my machine. If something's broken, I can fix it, but if no one tries it and reports any problems, there's nothing I can do. 1.0.x means it's expected to work with all versions from 1.0.0 to 1.0.9. If this isn't the case, you'll see it in the thread.

Edited by pizzaoverhead

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Seems that this Mod have issues with module manager 2.6.21 and some mod parts (ex. launch escape system from SDHI Service Module System), so that the rcs effects on this parts will be allways on. With module manager 2.6.20 i don't have this bug, but then i have bugs with texture switching modules on other mods. So it is only a workarround for installations that have no mods with texture switching.

22 hours ago, DianonForce said:

Seems that this Mod have issues with module manager 2.6.21 and some mod parts (ex. launch escape system from SDHI Service Module System), so that the rcs effects on this parts will be allways on. With module manager 2.6.20 i don't have this bug, but then i have bugs with texture switching modules on other mods. So it is only a workarround for installations that have no mods with texture switching.

Yep, same effect here, stage separators and RCS are puffing their particles away like crazy.

I love this mod :D

Edited by W1ntermute

On 4/11/2016 at 5:10 PM, Fwiffo said:

Anyone tried this mod in 1.1 yet?

it works great and is used with the 1.1 KSPIe but with the newest version of modulemanager you have the lighting bug causing them to fire in editor and flight all the time (well it looks like it but isn't actually)

useLightingEffects = false < in the settings and voila it should be fixed

else use modulemanager .20

A new build of RCS Sounds for the 1.1 pre releases is now available on both Curseforge and SpaceDock.
This fixes the issues with 1.1, and is incompatible with previous versions of KSP.

Nice mod, you plan to create sounds to more parts of the game? :)

There are always more sounds to be added! New sounds will have to wait until all my current mods are updated however.

Edited by pizzaoverhead

• 4 weeks later...

Is there an issue tracker being used anywhere?  It looks like Github is out of date despite the mod being updated (and thanks for that @pizzaoverhead!)

It's a loaded question, and may not be a bug and I haven't thoroughly tested it, but it I'm hearing the sounds persist for a while after throttle cutoff (with zero monopropellant being consumed).

• 1 month later...
On April 13, 2016 at 11:26 AM, lude said:

causing them to fire in editor and flight all the time (well it looks like it but isn't actually)

I've definitely had this bug for a while too, (since 1.1, I think)  and also recently had a bug where mod command pods would shake on launch, but remain fixed above the launchpad, with the rest of the craft flying through them on stage to launch. Upon going through all my mods to eliminate the problem, it seems this one is the culprit. Staging works fine now, and the lighting effect is gone. Has anyone else had the weird launchpad bug? I'd love a fix if there's one to be had!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2016 at 4:02 AM, Bran31 said:

I've definitely had this bug for a while too, (since 1.1, I think)  and also recently had a bug where mod command pods would shake on launch, but remain fixed above the launchpad, with the rest of the craft flying through them on stage to launch. Upon going through all my mods to eliminate the problem, it seems this one is the culprit. Staging works fine now, and the lighting effect is gone. Has anyone else had the weird launchpad bug? I'd love a fix if there's one to be had!

I had the weird launchpad bug but it came from a different mod called, ironically, stock bug fixes. I removed it and things went back to normal.

• 2 months later...

Hello all -

I've just identified a small problem with this mod.  While installed, RCS thrusters shielded inside cargo bays are always subject to aerodynamic drag (as revealed in the Alt-F12 AeroGUI and action menu data, as well as experimentally).  Remove this mod, and RCS thrusters inside closed bays show zero drag, and full drag inside open bays, exactly as they should.

I started a thread about it (below) but soon realized it was a mod conflict.  Using version 5.0.1 of this mod, 1.1.3-1289, MacOS.

How can I help?

• 1 month later...