[0.22] Kerbal Economy 1.1.1

cybutek

Hi Cybutek,

if we get to the stage where the parts are restricted based on the funds you've got.

Would be worth adding in a "Kerbal government funding" based on how old the save file is?

e.g.

you get 25,000 initially from the kerbal government for starting the "agency".

there after you get say 1,000 per day from the kerbal government in ongoing funding.

I would like to see something like this, or the ability to sell kethane. Right now, I am on a custom tech tree that is very hard. The problem is that I also need science for money and science has a max limit that you can make.

On creation of this mod, I expected other mods to come around to address this issue with experiments that can potentially give infinite science etc.

It is something I'll probably have to work on if no-one else will :D

On creation of this mod, I expected other mods to come around to address this issue with experiments that can potentially give infinite science etc.

It is something I'll probably have to work on if no-one else will :D

Yes, there is such a mod: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43839-0-22-KSP-Interstellar-%28Science-Integration-Heat-Mechanics%29-Version-0-7-4-%28Beta%29. Besides it's engines, it's not OP.

Anyway: Even without such a mod, there is a _lot_ of science out there. So it is nearly impossible to run out of science. (Hint: Lift heavy nuclear engines/big fueltanks only once in the Orbit and re-use them for your interplanetar travel. Do the refueling with kethane/cheap fueltankers that can land their expensive parts back on kerbin -> recyling ftw.)

Yes, there is such a mod: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43839-0-22-KSP-Interstellar-%28Science-Integration-Heat-Mechanics%29-Version-0-7-4-%28Beta%29. Besides it's engines, it's not OP.

Anyway: Even without such a mod, there is a _lot_ of science out there. So it is nearly impossible to run out of science. (Hint: Lift heavy nuclear engines/big fueltanks only once in the Orbit and re-use them for your interplanetar travel. Do the refueling with kethane/cheap fueltankers that can land their expensive parts back on kerbin -> recyling ftw.)

Except on my tech tree, nuclear engines is near the end. Plus I like to do things like a communication network for remotetech, all which takes up science. Hence I suggested the resource component. It would give a need to go out to the planets to harvest resources to sell. My other idea would be to sort of detach money and science to some extent. Make it so if you go into the negative that you lose science(but maybe more then 1:1, 2 or 3:1) to show the inefficiencies of cost overrun.

Thank you for this excellent mod!!! I tried so hard to get mission control, paired with other things to give the right feeling. It was always too linear :(

Kerbal economy paired with remote tech is giving me the freedom with fiscal/science and infrastructure constraints. I am a KSP vet and at the end of the road for satisfying KSP play; KE just reset the whole game :D

I'd like to go and play with this mod, but I don't want to mess with it at least until there's a system in place that will generate money from things that DON'T rely on science income. Especially considering the tech tree and remote-tech configuration I'm using.

I detailed something of a wish list in THIS thread on my thoughts. (Warning: Intimidating amount of text on the other side of that link. Go in ready to spend three to five minutes reading.) I'd just like to have ways to reward players for developing an infrastructure and providing them with a steady trickle income that feeds their space program. (Because 1: Science eventually dries up. And 2: A nasty bout of tearing ships up seem like it could cripple or kill a player's entire game after they spent a week working their way up.)

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting mod. It encourages spaceplanes since you can recover the entire craft when done and regain all the cash.

Some bugs/exploits I found:

- If you delete a game save but make another game save with the same name, the old ledger is not deleted.

- If you directly click on the launchpad from the space center building overview screen to select and launch a craft you can exploit the mod- it is not deducted from your money and you can recover the craft to gain the craft's value in science.

- If you try to launch a craft when one is already on the launchpad, the game asks you if you want to clear and recover the old craft. Recovering from here does not give you your money back.

- The special === Revert to Launch === message only occurs if you revert from a rocket pad launch. If you revert from the runway back to the spaceplane, it just shows a craft construction message (it does give you the cost back still, though).

One suggestion:

- If the player reverts to launch, the ledger should be erased back to that point. When I test spaceplanes, the ledger gets cluttered and spammed with messages.

• 1 month later...

It should be changed so your cash and science are completely separate. You could still sell science points in the form of patents in order to make money, and buy science points using cash, but apart from that they should be different. Contracts would also add greatly to this mod - you could have a GUI that let you select contracts from companies (contracts would have a limited period of availability before they expire and are replaced by a different random contract - another space agency may have taken care of it, or the company might just have given up). The difficulty and amount of contracts might directly scale to the amounts of science points you have earned (not amount in the bank) to show the level of technological advancment space flight is at.

• 5 weeks later...

I hope that this mod gets picked up again.

Things that would be nice:

- price of parts be revamped or based on something else, because the parts as they are now are out of proportion.

- Sell science for cash

- Buy science with cash

- Recieve random contracts to put sats in orbit around Kerbin.

- contracts should have mission specifications, like geostationary with visual at a certain longitude

- Monthly wage, that you get money from the government every few days.

- the amount of cash should diminish over time, but you should be able to hire lobbyist to raise the funding.

- Also major achievements should be awarded, like first kerbal on the Mün or a rover to one of Jools moons

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.