Biggest Disappointment You've Had in KSP

LexiSilva

On a Apollo style mission, after the turnning of the comandmodule, i try to get one of the Kerbals out, for an EVA to the lander.. but the fairing of the docking port, shoot him out, some clipping issues i think, like a railgun far far away... so one of the Kerbal becomes the first SuitSat in my KSP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuitSat

My first land base to Eve, with Ioncross Crew Support. Landed in one piece, everything worked perfectly... and the second time I went to check how the life support was working, I found the solar panels M.I.A., they just weren't there. Of course, the station had no power, no oxygen... and no kerbonauts alive ;.;

Edited by Demon_82

I had a lander around Minmus, but I forgot to put on landing legs XD I launched a new rocket to minmus carrying the lander legs, and docked the legs to the lander.

Also I recently gave up work the my Lodmir Space Station, it was going to be huge, but gave up eventually because it was to huge, and a lag machine. Deorbited it while I filmed it. IT WAS AWESOME. I need to post that video!

After my first successful docking, I made a de-orbit burn, decoupled the two craft, then jettisoned the final stages, trying for a re-entry in (loose) formation.

Hit atmosphere, everything is going fine, decide to switch to the other capsule to check how it's doing.

Oh.

Only one Kerbal will be coming back from space today.

Flying a tandem mission to Eve of station + fuel tanker, getting both to aerobrake correctly, lining up orbits, all ready for docking then spending 20 minutes trying to dock before I realised that a Clamp-o-tron Jr can't dock with the normal Clamp-o-tron.

I enjoyed smashing that tanker into Eve.

I sent a massive ship on a grand tour of the solar system, it ran out of juice when the sun got blocked by jool, ( that's why i put RTGs on everything now) and it couldn't slow down enough to stop it from hitting tylo.

I had been launching multiple segments into Kerbin orbit for a Duna expedition. I'd brought up the Crew Module, the solar power core and battery module, the fuel tanks, the nuclear engines, and the lander. I'd already topped off the tanks with fuel ferries and was nearing my departure. It all came to a bitter end when my crew transfer flight had arrived, inching its way up to a forward docking port. As the arriving ship completed docking and the game merged the vehicles together, the entire assembly began spinning violent along its long axis. RCS was off, SAS was off. It was accelerating in its rotation. After only a few seconds sections of the craft began to break apart, flinging the crew transfer vehicle away, torn free of its reentry and orbital motors. The Duna ship continued to spiral, ejecting engine and other assemblies.

That was my last major construction effort. It's been a few versions since then. Ever since, I've stuck to mostly monolithic stations and Apollo-style flights to the mun and Minmus. Everything outside of the Kerbin system has been unmanned probes.

Last night I made a small 3 Kerbal lander and flew to the Mun to try out a different way of landing. More Apollo like rather than suicide burning. Ran out of fuel during the transfer and had to use my lander engines to complete the burn so my Kerbals were not coming home. Set up a nice entry into Mun orbit and started to circularize the orbit and ran out of power. I forgot to deploy the solar panels. Even without power I was able to deploy the panels so I figured I was okay but, I forgot to realign myself after running out of power and ended up in an almost straight down decent fairly close to the surface. I tried to save the mission but I was going just to fast and hit the surface at about 200mps. I hadn't played in a few weeks and was very disappointed because I forgot to do so many things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.