I think the .22 update will...

Martonaut

I think the .22 update will...Make this game more accessible to a larger number of players.

The reason why I think this is because I have a friend, and I have tried to introduce him to KSP since 0.14, but he is the kind of player who likes to read all the text on all the games... So when I asked him to build a rocket.. He spent like 40 minutes reading the tags over and over, and at the end he said... This is just too much information for me. I don't want to play this game anymore.

Basically he was overwhelmed by the number of parts and possibilities, and at 0.14 there was not even as much parts as now... So on future updates he would just say, well it may be getting better, but it just looks more complicated to me.

Also, he does not enjoy sandbox games as much, he is more the type of player that wants to unlock everything on games and complete them at 100% , but when it comes to sandbox, he just don't feel a motivation to do anything.

Now with the first steps of Career mode, this 2 problems are solved for him (or at least I think so) he will start with a reduced amount of parts, and unlock what ever he wants next, Also he might want to go do a lot of science just to unlock everything... And when he does. He will probably not be overwhelmed anymore since he had the chance to read and understand just a couple of parts at a time.

Well.. Next week I will visit him and see how it goes.

Yes, I guess the focus on this update was really about an easier accessibility. Not only research (i.e. mission goals) will make it easier for beginners to focus on the next task, but subassemblies make it significantly easier to break big ships down into small components, and improve step by step, instead of always starting from scratch.

Since I am one of these players that doesn't want to spend hour after hour until you see results, for me this is one of the most important releases for quite some time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.