Lots of upcoming space-games, not sure which to play.

Custard Donut (In Space)

There are at least three new space games on the horizon, star-citizen, a new X3 game and Elite dangerous, and i'd like to ask you guys which do you think would suit my tastes more? I love RP in games, i play Crusader kings 2 instead of the TW series because i like the family intrigues, in space i'd rather be a trader than a fighter pilot, i'd like to land on planets, deliver supplies to outposts, soak in the atmosphere, watch as computer controlled factions interact randomly, hire crew, that kind of thing, so which of these games would i like most do you think? Oh lastly i don't want an mmo, i only like single-player games these days despite having spent 6 years in WoW.

X-Rebirth most probably will emphasize the economic aspects ... building your own space trade empire. Also you will have a single ship as your basic ship, which, however is upradable and in which you can walk. X-Rebirth will, most probably, like the other X-Parts play 100% in space (no landing on planets)

Elite: Dangerous will have the hugest universe to explore (around 4 billion star systems, each with its own planets on many of which you will be able to land and probably will mine for ore).

Star Citizen will have only 100 star systems ... what it has, however is, that you can walk inside of your space crafts (in contrast to X you will have several different models which you can pilot) and feel like home there. Landing on planets may or may not come in Star Citizen.

X-Rebirth is AFAIK purely single player, while E: D and SC have a prsistent Multiplayer universe

Dunno which you should buy/back. I for my part back E: D and Star Citizen ... but probably I will also buy X-Rebirth in the near or far future. Each of the 3 games seems to be worth it.

I'm definitely looking forward to playing X Rebirth.

Also, Galactic Civilizations III was announced yesterday, in case you're into Civ-type games in space.

Yeah i saw the gal civ 3 announcement yesterday, i had to rub my eyes to see if i was dreaming, it's been a long wait since number 2, as for Civilization the second one in the series was my favourite but i never really got back into them after that, Gal Civ 2 was a great game.

Thanks Godot, much appreciated. :) From what you say there, I'm leaning toward ELite dangerous as i love the thought of landing on planets.

AFAIK Braben said that it will not be possible to land on planets in the initial release but they plan to implement it in a later expansion.

AFAIK Braben said that it will not be possible to land on planets in the initial release but they plan to implement it in a later expansion.

What i'd like to do is one day deliver 40 millions gallons of water to the cactus people of Desertron-4, i can imagine them all jumping up and down cheering as i land, will that dream ever become a reality? :D i hope so.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.