The .22 update, why are you exited?

joppiesaus

Optimisations,33% less taxing right?

I was to until I was told this.

http://pastebin.com/Z9dx6ZLa

Basically Mu's optimization wont be in 0.22, was never put in QA and why did that never mention this officially then? The howl dev intervuew in KSP TV gave the impression it was being tested for 0.22 release. So from what it seems we are getting "new" landing gears (yea like that realy makes much of a difference) and then we get RnD and I realy dont know what its good for. Useless in sandbox and career mode with out proper missions and no currency system how fun is that? Its like sandbox but limited tech...

Worst case scenario all this added features will just make 0.22 the slowest version yet.

Yea I was locking forward to the 30% increase on an i7 like Mu had on his machine and more for those with slower processors. But "RnD" and new less then useful features seems to attract new players rater then keeping the interest up with the old once seems to be what counts.

To me every new version take longer and longer time to arrive but the added value for old player is declining. I might even wait for 0.23 or what ever version actually will speed the game up and offer some new real game dynamics that are useful because right now I feel there is little to do that I have not done all ready. Excitement is pretty much gone.

I would rater see them implementing Resources for career mode then as a compromise because that would work well in sandbox to. Also I would like to see some new parts people have been asking for that dont have an equivalent in the game atm and that would allow for all kinds of new creations and give old players and new an incentive to reinvent stuff.

No my interest for 0.22 went from exiting to Zero. I have not played much last month, just tried out a few ideas and holding of for 0.22 because at least the performance improvement would have made some stuff more doable then before. Now I might even hold off playing for 3-4 months assuming 0.23 will have the performance tuning.

If not I probably give the game up because its to easy atm and it feels like its just going mainstream.

And Im no pessimist, I was optimistic this time to that something squade was developing, showing of would actually be in the game sense it was passed on for QA but I feel tricked again to believe that would be the case. Now I dont believe anything they say in KSPTV, there dev blogs etc any more and will assume the opposite until I have the final version of the game.

Edited by pa1983

I was to until I was told this.

http://pastebin.com/Z9dx6ZLa

Basically Mu's optimization wont be in 0.22, was never put in QA and why did that never mention this officially then? The howl dev intervuew in KSP TV gave the impression it was being tested for 0.22 release. So from what it seems we are getting "new" landing gears (yea like that realy makes much of a difference) and then we get RnD and I realy dont know what its good for. Useless in sandbox and career mode with out proper missions and no currency system how fun is that? Its like sandbox but limited tech...

Worst case scenario all this added features will just make 0.22 the slowest version yet.

Yea I was locking forward to the 30% increase on an i7 like Mu had on his machine and more for those with slower processors. But "RnD" and new less then useful features seems to attract new players rater then keeping the interest up with the old once seems to be what counts.

To me every new version take longer and longer time to arrive but the added value for old player is declining. I might even wait for 0.23 or what ever version actually will speed the game up and offer some new real game dynamics that are useful because right now I feel there is little to do that I have not done all ready. Excitement is pretty much gone.

I would rater see them implementing Resources for career mode then as a compromise because that would work well in sandbox to. Also I would like to see some new parts people have been asking for that dont have an equivalent in the game atm and that would allow for all kinds of new creations and give old players and new an incentive to reinvent stuff.

No my interest for 0.22 went from exiting to Zero. I have not played much last month, just tried out a few ideas and holding of for 0.22 because at least the performance improvement would have made some stuff more doable then before. Now I might even hold off playing for 3-4 months assuming 0.23 will have the performance tuning.

If not I probably give the game up because its to easy atm and it feels like its just going mainstream.

And Im no pessimist, I was optimistic this time to that something squade was developing, showing of would actually be in the game sense it was passed on for QA but I feel tricked again to believe that would be the case. Now I dont believe anything they say in KSPTV, there dev blogs etc any more and will assume the opposite until I have the final version of the game.

Um... 0.22 was put in QA...

Read This:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entries/905-Branching-Out%21

Aka QA was done during development, that is why the development was Xtra long.

Well, we might as well do something useful with this thread;

What exactly was in that video that's got everyone so excited? It might sound like a stupid question, but all I can actually see on this computer is a message telling me to download flash.

Um... 0.22 was put in QA...

Read This:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entries/905-Branching-Out%21

Aka QA was done during development, that is why the development was Xtra long.

Performance Optimization was NEVER put in QA even if it was submitted, was to late. I never sad 0.22 did not go trough QA. BIG difference!

If people could learn to read ever.

Performance Optimization was NEVER put in QA even if it was submitted, was to late. I never sad 0.22 did not go trough QA. BIG difference!

If people could learn to read ever.

Just because that specific optimization discussed by Mu didn't make into .22 doesn't mean that no performance issues were addressed, unless you have some other information stating as much.

We are talking about the very specific on he was working at that increased performance in the order of 30% on an i7 or more on slower processors according to him in KSP TV interview with Mu a few weeks ago. You know 30% is a LOT. Any other performance optimization was never mentioned. People disk ask Mu during the interview if the Ocean bug that causes frame drops when your looking at the horizon was addressed and Mu sad it was not. He had looked at it but still had not done a fix for it and this was at the time his 30% performance optimization was submitted so yea we can count that bug out as fixed to.

So I cant realy see what they could have done that would beat fixing either of those in 0.22. I would be very sceptical if there is the slightest improvement in performance. 30% people would have noticed, few percent on its own would be visible only in benchmarks.

Watch the last few KSP TV episodes and the interview is in there. Just sad it did not make it. A lot of people looked forward to get some much needed performance boost.

Edited by pa1983

To me every new version take longer and longer time to arrive but the added value for old player is declining.

Version 17 - 18 = 73 days

Version 18 - 19 = 105 days

Version 19 - 20 = 66 days

Version 20 - 21 = 64 days

Version 21 - 22 = 84 days (assuming released today)

Average for above is 78 days. I figure 1 week plus or minus is unremarkable. It just seems longer.

Version 17 - 18 = 73 days

Version 18 - 19 = 105 days

Version 19 - 20 = 66 days

Version 20 - 21 = 64 days

Version 21 - 22 = 84 days (assuming released today)

Average for above is 78 days. I figure 1 week plus or minus is unremarkable. It just seems longer.

With these average of days the game will be finished in 17 years. ;.; Why couldn't they just make a new update monthly, then the game will be done in just 6 and half years.