The .22 update, why are you exited?

joppiesaus

On the other hand 0.18 had a total of 4 sub versions to and if I recall some value other then bug fixes where added in those.

I still prefer if they fix real issues rater then adding more stuff that will only pay off in the final version of the game. Might rather save that and release career when its done.

The fact that you have unlimited budget and no real missions in career only makes it a limited sandbox mode. Not that interesting even if I wish it was.

But I suppose will see how long people find it entertaining.

I am looking forward to see how my favourite mods interact with KSP this time around. I'm especially interested to see how the Near Future propulsion and FtMN engines fare, as they're my go-to solution for dropping off satellites and landers around the system.

We are talking about the very specific on he was working at that increased performance in the order of 30% on an i7 or more on slower processors according to him in KSP TV interview with Mu a few weeks ago. You know 30% is a LOT. Any other performance optimization was never mentioned. People disk ask Mu during the interview if the Ocean bug that causes frame drops when your looking at the horizon was addressed and Mu sad it was not. He had looked at it but still had not done a fix for it and this was at the time his 30% performance optimization was submitted so yea we can count that bug out as fixed to.

So I cant realy see what they could have done that would beat fixing either of those in 0.22. I would be very sceptical if there is the slightest improvement in performance. 30% people would have noticed, few percent on its own would be visible only in benchmarks.

Watch the last few KSP TV episodes and the interview is in there. Just sad it did not make it. A lot of people looked forward to get some much needed performance boost.

Do you know if anyone asked him about loading times on scene changes? Those are probably the worst thing right now.

I want to see the flavor text... Tech tree aside... I'm going to be seeking out all the different results we can get from doing experiments in the different biomes of the Mun and Kerbin.

I'm also kinda excited to work on my low available parts engineering ideas. ... not that I couldn't do that before... but before it was "why bother?" and here there's a reason to do it.

Do you know if anyone asked him about loading times on scene changes? Those are probably the worst thing right now.

I honestly dont remember. load times between scene is not a big problem for me. 3-4 sec there is not as frustrating as constant frame rate issues and lag. If that was improved the question then becomes, was that a part of the overall speedup he had done to the code or a separate speedup? I dont know.

0.22 will be out soon I suppose so we will be able to test how it actually performance then. But judging from previous "small performance enhancements" if your system realy dont suck and just barely gets by on the minimum recommended specs I would not hope for a noticeable performance boost. If we get one I would be happy but I dont think its realistic to hope for it.

Just my opinion. Will see what the lay of the land is very soon I think.

Edited by pa1983

I honestly dont remember. load times between scene is not a big problem for me. 3-4 sec there is not as frustrating as constant frame rate issues and lag. If that was improved the question the becomes, was that a part of the overall speedup he had done to the code or a separate speedup? I dont know.

0.22 will be out soon I suppose so we will be able to test how it actually performance then. But judging from previous "small performance enhancements" if your system realy dont suck and just barely gets by on the minimum recommended specs I would not hope for a noticeable performance boost. If we get one I would be happy but I dont think its realistic to hope for it.

Just my opinion. Will see what the lay of the land is very soon I think.

Wow... If you only have 3-4 second changes then you must be running pure vanilla...

Wow... If you only have 3-4 second changes then you must be running pure vanilla...

I have not timed it. But I run a relatively fast system, plenty of ram, ssd etc and under linux tough in wine but I cant stand windows.

But I do not care as much for bad menus and load times as long as that dont effect the game once you are playing. But maybe people are to use to a steady but low frame rate or real time rendering being less then 1.0x aka in the yellow.

I take slow load times any day if the game play actually is fast and responsive. Its not like you jump back to KSC very often in the middle of a mission.

Only time I find load times annoying is spawning a big craft from SPH/VAB.

But sure improvements there would be nice in the future to, most definitely.

I have not timed it. But I run a relatively fast system, plenty of ram, ssd etc and under linux tough in wine but I cant stand windows.

But I do not care as much for bad menus and load times as long as that dont effect the game once you are playing. But maybe people are to use to a steady but low frame rate or real time rendering being less then 1.0x aka in the yellow.

I take slow load times any day if the game play actually is fast and responsive. Its not like you jump back to KSC very often in the middle of a mission.

Only time I find load times annoying is spawning a big craft from SPH/VAB.

But sure improvements there would be nice in the future to, most definitely.

Mine runs Green clocked 90% of the time and I am running at the edge of it's RAM limit for Windows. I would rather have load time reductions and RAM use reductions.