[1.02] BioMass - Renewable Bio Fuel and Supplemental Life Support Modules

Roboto

Is documentation for this available? (like maybe a wiki?)

No, because only the owner of the GitHub repo can edit it, but here you can look into the documents to see what difficulty setting makes which parts (not) available.

https://github.com/VigilanteInc/BioMass/tree/master/GameData/BioMass/Plugin/pluginData/BioMassDifficulty

• 2 weeks later...
There are 0.25 and 0.9 versions available for download on the dowwnload page:

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/236/BioMass

Yesterday I slightly touched (~ 2m/s) my Aquatic Greenhouse on the space station and it has now a Broken status. I cannot repair that doing EVA. Do I have to replace the aq. greenhouse?

It seems the break force is out of whack on that one, I'll touch it up again. Unfortunately I think you will have to replace the one that broke.

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever I reload the game the difficulty setting is always set back to easy. Is this supposed to be this way?

I don't think so, but I did notice the last time I messed with it, that it seemed like sometimes the button that is highlighted in the window, isn't actually the mode you are playing in. But we will have a closer look at this. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I can't for the life of me get this mod to work. It causes the game to crash almost instantly. I have the memory free. I'm wondering if their is a comability issue? I do have a lot of mods.

It's certainly could be an issue with another mod, but the only way to know is by disabling them to see when it starts working again. Can you post the error log right after a crash, that might clue us in to where and when its crashing. It's located in the ksp install folder.

where is o2 gas compressor remember i am deaf i hard lister your video with speak without subtitle i view careful can cannot find list

You may not see the compressor if you are playing in easy or classic mode. Some parts like the compressors are not used in easy and classic.

You may not see the compressor if you are playing in easy or classic mode. Some parts like the compressors are not used in easy and classic.

found and many many thank you i understand that easy dont show, i switch to normal and got it.

now i am more learn everything before i start with space.... (first deaf man on space :cool: )

cheerio

I can concurr with everyone having missing parts in the new release. Pretty much all the compressors are missing and seed containers are gone too. Also changing difficulty did not work. Ive even forced the difficulty to HARD in all 3 configs and the game keeps kicking it back to easy mode. Hope you will be fixing this soon.

I can concurr with everyone having missing parts in the new release. Pretty much all the compressors are missing and seed containers are gone too. Also changing difficulty did not work. Ive even forced the difficulty to HARD in all 3 configs and the game keeps kicking it back to easy mode. Hope you will be fixing this soon.

Can't reproduce. Do you reload the database when you selected your difficulty?

Im trying to get CO2 captured from Duna atmosphere. Im using the air seperators and the CO2 pumps and nothing is working. Isnt Biomass suppose to get incoming air and filter out the CO2 in it? I mean after all isnt Duna mostly CO2?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey popping in as we're going over the CRP changes for KSP 1.0 and you folks had expressed interest in participation in the past.

So please let me know:

A. Do you plan on being a CRP participant? If so, need ya over in the thread as we're doing a lot of consolidation right now.

B. If not, that's fine - we will still adjust the density of Biomass just to be neighborly ;) Just confirm whether you are doing 5L or 1L units in your current release.

You can find the CRP release thread link on the USI page in my signature.

It seems the break force is out of whack on that one, I'll touch it up again. Unfortunately I think you will have to replace the one that broke.

- - - Updated - - -

Not an issue anymore as that savegame was corrupted and I started anew in 0.9

I don't think so, but I did notice the last time I messed with it, that it seemed like sometimes the button that is highlighted in the window, isn't actually the mode you are playing in. But we will have a closer look at this. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that's the issue, that whenever you open that menu again it is set back to easy and the savegame takes this as user input and reverts back to easy. My workaround is to copy the HARD.cfg and rename it EASY.cfg. In order to put the scientific stuff from 'easy' into this game at 'hard' level I also copied the code for the scientific instruments and put it into the HARD.cfg file renamed EASY.cfg.

Hello,

First and I would like to know if permission was given to use your models here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92025-Snacks-Life-Support-Parts-by-Whyren-v1

The author said he got permission to use models provided by "zzz"; I have seen this name somewhere in my MODS I forget just where...unfortunately and here again I am trying to do this nicely but now I am on the "Original" author's thread because I use this MOD EXCLUSIVELY for 'some' resource manangement AND the MODELS; ie the greenhouses, etc etc...

Outside of the problems I have with BIOMASS which is another post, I think KSP public needs to be aware of MOD-Sharing; some may take offense to it and that is too bad when I want to use that other person's MOD and I find out that there is a 'POSSIBLE'<<< license violation.

I KNOW who ORIGINAL authors are I been playing KSP since v18; I am not trashing other peoples' MODS here; I am TRYING to get MODDERS to include ORIGINAL authors' work listed in their parts CFG files; is that really too much to ask??? There are a few good reasons for this; one is MOD Tracking; the other is giving CREDIT where CREDIT is DUE.

MAJOR TIP OF THE HAT

I used models created by forum member zzz which he donated to the public domain. I didn't model any of this stuff, and you did, so thank you!

Apollo13 has been a big supporter and feedback provider from the start. Thank you!

I dont go to the forum to look for CREDITS; I look at the MOD Download as that is what is mandated by KSP or whoever is that authority; GNU licensing as well; I aint stupid I am a software programmer and musician and it sickens me to see plaigerism.

Now for all I know "zzz' could be you I dont know; but the part cfg's do not reflect that so I have to ask as I feel it is my responsibility to do so.

(Edit: I found some KAS containers by "zzz"...maybe he made the container models, amongst many other models for MODDERS possibly (KUDOS here !)...so it is clear that his snackhouses are your greenhouse models...I like his other Stackable Snack Containers so hopefully those are his).

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Hello,

I stream live and use BIOMASS but not quite in the way you do; I have revised the code as follows, more or less; it is a great MOD but has issues with parts exploding or getting big in VAB as you hover over then with the mouse; my Koylent Machine is doing that now and I am gonna try and fix it; I will talk about that in a sec...

I get the BIOMASS like you do from waste but my rate useage is different.

I use Microflora/Nutrients but adjusted the rates to get 500 Nutrients (a day) for 1 Greenhouse and 1 BioReactor; BIOMASS is a fertilizer product mainly, and is also used in a very small portion to produce a SNACK-FOOD; I am still working on a SNACK-FOOD conversion; I use TACLIFE for resource production.

What I do is create 100 BIOMASS over a period of 100 days; this makes 2 BIOCAKE. 1 biocake FEEDS a Greenhouse for 100 days; the other is rationed out to make 1 Snack a day for 100 days; then the BIOCAKE runs out; the BIOREACTOR creates 2 BIOCAKE in 1 day; the BIOREACTOR does what I call a CRITICAL PROCESS; if it breaks...I loose 25000 Nutrients and a crapload of other products; I provide twice the number or input products in case it has 1 breakdown; I would probly do a gamesave prior if the game breaks the process.

Snacks are not food yet but are produced in the Greenhouse; there is a Food Production facility and a Snack Production Facility; they produce FOOD in a 3:1 ratio or 3 parts FOOD and 1 part SNACK (FOOD is actually produced in the Snack section (ie 3 parts FOOD/FOOD and 1 part SNACK/FOOD).

1 Greenhouse provides for 4 Kerbalnauts...FOOD and some portion of O2; both the Snack/Food production areas use BIOCAKE in very small portions, along with Nutrients and 11 other input resources !! 1 Kerbalnaut can run a Greenhouse; there are penalties and rewards depending on how many Kerbalnauts use the Greenhouse; a slightly complicated system which turned out really KOOL quite by accident ! The main FOOD section can be shut down in an emergency and just the SNACK/FOOD section run to keep 1 Kerbal alive (food only and some O2); but I dont use just ElecCharge to make Snack/Food - it also uses about 10 processes !

So probly BIOMASS is used as you intended; the conversion rates may be different; I read yer BLOGS - very nice !

I also deleted BIOMASS Difficulty or just all of the data in the CFGs and made both just normal/easy; the reason for this is so I could code the part cfgs the way I wanted them to work; the difficulty cfgs were preventing that; it was just like customizing my own difficulty I guess.

As for the VAB exploding parts...and the coding...there may be some problems; deleting resources in a part file was a solution and only some parts work; like a greenhouse; I have a few other solutions I may try; resources are best in a part so you can see what is needed for a process; I finally got multiple processes in a part; but it really all boils down to one conversion code that most MODS seem to be using; just that the labelling is different; I cant get your code to work converting gasses to liquid form dont ask me why. I am trying different coversion codes so I can use your part models; it has not been easy...

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Hello,

First and I would like to know if permission was given to use your models here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92025-Snacks-Life-Support-Parts-by-Whyren-v1

The author said he got permission to use models provided by "zzz"; I have seen this name somewhere in my MODS I forget just where...unfortunately and here again I am trying to do this nicely but now I am on the "Original" author's thread because I use this MOD EXCLUSIVELY for 'some' resource manangement AND the MODELS; ie the greenhouses, etc etc...

Yes, zzz has said on a number of occasions that everything he has produced for KSP is public domain. There seems to be no consolidation of his parts either; they show up all over the place around here. You're probably only looking at the tip of the iceberg of zzz parts.

That said, this mod cannot carry the license of 'all rights reserved' unless it lists an exception that the part is public domain.

Yes, zzz has said on a number of occasions that everything he has produced for KSP is public domain. There seems to be no consolidation of his parts either; they show up all over the place around here. You're probably only looking at the tip of the iceberg of zzz parts.

That said, this mod cannot carry the license of 'all rights reserved' unless it lists an exception that the part is public domain.

No, putting something in the public domain does not require that derivative works (or segments of derivative works) themselves should be in the public domain. Same goes for permissive licenses like Apache, various flavors of BSD, MIT, CC-BY, etc. (If you want to ensure that derivative works guarantee freedoms for downstream users, you'll want a copyleft license, like CC-BY-SA or the GNU GPL.)

Hi, I'm running into a problem here.

First I set a Greenhouse with all that's needed. I activate the IR light so it starts germinating.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404048243

Then I go warp. It starts producing Biomass. Physwarp, regular warp, doesn't matter.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404048133

When I go back to warp x1 it goes back to 0.16 biomass, no matter how much was in there at warp.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404048020

EDIT: Activating the IR light will set the Biomass value to 0.16.

Edited by Ottomic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.