[1.02] BioMass - Renewable Bio Fuel and Supplemental Life Support Modules

Roboto

No, putting something in the public domain does not require that derivative works (or segments of derivative works) themselves should be in the public domain. Same goes for permissive licenses like Apache, various flavors of BSD, MIT, CC-BY, etc. (If you want to ensure that derivative works guarantee freedoms for downstream users, you'll want a copyleft license, like CC-BY-SA or the GNU GPL.)

That's not what I mean.

His 'all rights reserved' sounds like he's claiming rights on the greenhouse part. It's not covered. That's what I mean.

Hi, I'm running into a problem here.

First I set a Greenhouse with all that's needed. I activate the IR light so it starts germinating.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404048243

Then I go warp. It starts producing Biomass. Physwarp, regular warp, doesn't matter.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404048133

When I go back to warp x1 it goes back to 0.16 biomass, no matter how much was in there at warp.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404048020

EDIT: Activating the IR light will set the Biomass value to 0.16.

DUDE! I had that same exact problem. It also reverted back to .16 units also. WIERD!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yeah!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Roboto.

The modifications will be something new. That did not exist before?

Visual plant growth will be new, yes.

We are also...

Rebuilding our biological generators by extending the new stock ModuleResourceConverter, so the rates of production will be far less quirky.

Polishing up the GUI BioMonitor.

Most Likely..

Extending the Techtree to include a Biology/Astrobiology path.

Adding Biologist Experience Trait

Possibly...

Adding/updating science experiments, contracts and agents

Edited by Roboto

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds great! However, right now I have a game going that is using parts from biomass, and it won't load at all with the current version! Is there any way to keep playing with the previous version until this one rolls out?

This sounds great! However, right now I have a game going that is using parts from biomass, and it won't load at all with the current version! Is there any way to keep playing with the previous version until this one rolls out?

Unfortunately there is no easy way to convert the mod so that it will work in KSP 1.0+.

Hi

I encountered what I think must be a bug. I'm playing 0.9 version of KSP with the corresponding Version of Biomass. I added an aquatic Greenhouse to my Station and did the following in that order:

- Used TAC Fuel Balancer to balance carbon dioxide into the greenhouse

- used TACFB to balance oxygen out of the greenhouse

- used TACFB to balance waste water into the greenhouse

- started IR lights

- opened panels

- started regular lights

...and then around the time the seeds had been used up all my water vanished. Not in an instant but the bar dropped very fast in a few seconds. Not only was the water from the fully filled greenhouse taken but from other parts of the station a well, which is now short on water. Apparantly the water was not turned into something else it's just gone. Does anyboy have an idea what could have happened? It was late yesterday so I have no screenshot but I will get around today and make one.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I encountered what I think must be a bug. I'm playing 0.9 version of KSP with the corresponding Version of Biomass. I added an aquatic Greenhouse to my Station and did the following in that order:

- started IR lights

- opened panels

- started regular lights

...and then around the time the seeds had been used up all my water vanished. Not in an instant but the bar dropped very fast in a few seconds. Not only was the water from the fully filled greenhouse taken but from other parts of the station a well, which is now short on water. Apparantly the water was not turned into something else it's just gone. Does anyboy have an idea what could have happened? It was late yesterday so I have no screenshot but I will get around today and make one.

Thanks in advance.

Pretty strange, I've not seen that happen before so I don't really know what to suggest. Fortunately, we have done another major overhaul on the plugin dll and is now using modified versions of the stock ModuleResourceConverters, so any issues with resources going hay-wire are pretty much gone as of the next release.

As far release date goes.., I've completed all the plugin work and polished things up a bit, we just have to sort out some of the difficulty switching details and the mod should be ready to go soon!

Hi

- started IR lights

- opened panels

- started regular lights

Thanks in advance.

I sent a service ship to resupply water. I disabled all TACFB settings but the moment I docked all the new water was gone as well (didn't even see the water increase this time).

I sent a service ship to resupply water. I disabled all TACFB settings but the moment I docked all the new water was gone as well (didn't even see the water increase this time).

are there any strange errors showing up in the log?

are there any strange errors showing up in the log?

I'm not the right person to ask about any such complicated things. I'm just a user (=lowest computer capable lifeform). If you can direct me where to look or what to post I can do that.

EDIT: Which is to say, everything looks strange to me.

EDIT 2: What I should mention however is that I doctored the difficulty .cfg files. In order to not care about the difficulty resetting itself to 'easy' I copied the 'hard' .cfg and renamed it to 'easy' and 'medium'.

Edited by Manimal

Hi,

I returned to an earlier save file to save my station but I can duplicate the effects anytime. I build a tester for the Aquatic Greenhouse (AQGH) and tested it several times on the runway. It features a bio mass test tank (CO2, water, waste water, biomass and seeds), a full and empty water tank (to test the vanishing water), and empty oxygen tank (to put the oxygen somewhere) and batteries, strong lights and control stuff.

1.) The Biomass which should be in the AQGH ist not there. There should be 10 units in the AQGH but only 0.156 show up.

2.) Transferring extra BioMass from the Test Tank into the AQGH makes the tranferred BioMass vanish. i.e. it is reduced from the test tank but not added to the AQGH.

3.) Opening the Panels does not increase the light ressource bar. Even in broad daylight or with strong lights attached ( 4 times the B9 Aerospace 8-fold lights) which are pointed towards the AQGH.

4.) any action on the AQGH (i.e. toggling both kinds of lights or harvests) makes all water vanish except for 1 tank. Comparing the AQGH Tester set-up to the station it appears that the oldest (i.e. the most 'rootish' part) on the vehicle keeps its water. On the station that was the science module from the 'station science' mod - here it is the AQGH itself. The water vanishes not in an instant the bar runs quickly towards empty and then stops when all water except for the water in the one part is gone.

4.) toggling any option also starts the photosynthesis process at an alarming rate (considering that almost no BioMass is present). Lots and lots of CO2 is converted to O2 - but no Biomass is produced.

5.) A small amount of water is spent during the ultra-fast non biological CO2-O2 transformation.

6.) Activating IR lights reduces the seeds but no BioMass is created.

7.) Activating rapid harvest removes what little BioMass is there and stops the rapid CO2-O2 conversion. It also makes the 'light' ressource appear in the resource window.

8.) Activating any other action on the AQGH after rapid harvest makes the light resource disappear again and restarts the fast CO2-O2 conversion even with no BioMass present.

Thats all I could deduct from several test of the 'Biotester'. The behaviour is always the same without exception. I'm running a 0.9 science campaign game with the biomass mod adapted for 0.9 (have to look up the version number). I have many other mods running which I can post. But as mentioned above I'm sort of unable to make educated guesses from the log file. But I'm very willing to cooperate if someone tells what to look for because the concept of BioMass appeals to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Time goes by. News still not.

Sorry man, we have both been really busy the last couple weeks. We have mucho progress, but just finishing up converting part cfg's for difficulty levels and organizing the tech tree progression. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Edited by Roboto

We know it's taking a long time to roll out an update. It turns out that if you are a biologist, you make lots of notes and feel compelled to make sure everything works in a sane way.

We know it's taking a long time to roll out an update. It turns out that if you are a biologist, you make lots of notes and feel compelled to make sure everything works in a sane way.

I like how you reference the word "sane" and then flip through a book full of notes on a video game for a full minute! :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.