The Grand 0.22 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Does anybody know if there is a thread out there saying what mods work with 0.22? Got just 2 mods (mechjeb and extra planetary launchpads) and wanted to know if they would work.

Take a look at the Add-on releases forum. As soon as the mods are updated you'll see the thread titles change! :)

Can anyone who has had the sound and physics "skipping" issue confirm or deny that the issue persists in this version?

I can. The soundtrack is scrambled, but it doesn't matter, I usually keep it at 0%.

Also, I keep hearing MOOO!!! (cows?) in the Space Center scene. What's up with that? :D

I can also confirm that the whole graphic performance seems to be significantly better. I'm getting better framerate at higher details. It's not spectacular, but it's noticeable.

I've launched my first science satellite in sandbox mode.

0_22tektor1.png

Now off to the career mode...

LOL, I can't get the Store on kerbalspaceprgram.com to open... there are so many ppl getting the update, the website is running Lag's Bane.... :D

Nice to see so many people liking the game tho...

Now to make Jeb explode one last time in .21 !!!!

:cool:

Playing career mode for 1 hour made me really appreciate the previous 100+ hours I've put into KSP with all parts available. It took me 4 attempts to get to the Mun, two failing simply because I ran out of fuel and the other two because trying to build unstable structures without any struts doesn't end well.

Transmitting data requires a LOT of power; they really weren't joking about that. I ended up with a 100km x 900km orbit on my second flight just to generate enough power to send information about 'Mysterious Goo' back to Kerbin. In retrospect I should've just landed and got more science points because now that rocket is stuck in space without any means to get home. I'll EVA push him back later.

Now I have solar panels and the 909 (I just released how much I rely on this and the LV-N for everything). Time to do some science :D

And here I am, nose pressed to the window of 0.22, looking it at all the fun folks are having with it... while my hard drive has, er, "gone to a farm in the country, running and playing with all the other hard drives." (Damned SSDs... fast, but fragile.) *kicks rock with toe*

-- Steve

So my first impressions of 0.22 after playing around for an hour and a half:

Played career mode. My flights in order (while collecting science):

-Short atmospheric flight with an SRB

-Suborbital space flight.

-Orbital space flight.

-Free return trajectory around the mun.

Game runs very smoothly. I've got it cranked on max and have only gotten any lag when transitioning between time warps. No stutter at all. No more pausing when transitioning between SOIs.

Collecting science is cool but it's a little confusing to know how much science you've collected so far in your mission. It'd be nice if there was a little resource counter that showed you total science collected this mission, total science stored, total science transmitted... That would help you know if you've collected enough science to move on to another research tech.

The KSC looks great. Liking the night lighting on the runway and pad.

SAS seems to work better now.

Really happy about the recovery button on the main UI.

Transitions between scenes is really quick.

Overall, a pretty awesome update. :)

In retrospect I should've just landed and got more science points because now that rocket is stuck in space without any means to get home. I'll EVA push him back later.

But! Would you have enough energy to send data back, if you landed? :D

Played career mode. My flights in order (while collecting science):

-Short atmospheric flight with an SRB

-Suborbital space flight.

-Orbital space flight.

-Free return trajectory around the mun.

This is what I absolutely love about this release.. How many times in past did you managed to do free return trajectory around mun and was happy about it? :D Personally, I did never. When I found out I wont land, I restarted mission with bigger rocket.

Now I did it and was pleased with amount of science I got from it! Awesome

Edited by Luxmaster-CZ

But! Would you have enough energy to send data back, if you landed? :D

This is what I absolutely love about this release.. How many times in past did you managed to do free return trajectory around mun and was happy about it? :D Personally, I did never. When I found out I wont land, I restarted mission with bigger rocket.

Now I did it and was pleased with amount of science I got from it! Awesome

LoL. Yeah, I was hoping to go into munar orbit... but I underestimated my fuel requirement a smidge. Normally I'd just revert the flight but since I figured I'd get a much of science out of the mission anyway, might as well continue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.