The Grand 0.22 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Having a lot of fun so far, the only thing I'd say is that it'd be good if there was a list of science you've done so that you know which experiments you have and haven't done. This would be especially handy with the biome samples, because at the moment you have to keep a manual record of which biomes you've explored so far.

>300 points? And I thought I was making a progress. :confused:

science022.png

Anyway, this is great fun. The only problem is the lack of electric charge. Communotron really taps the charge like mad, but I guess you can just "observe goo" and "keep data" and then collect everything when you recover the mission.

I got Jebediah to land on the north polar cap. Goo says it's cold there.

So far I only got to orbit Kerbin. You get lots of points for going on EVA, whether you're going orbital or suborbital. Of course, you can't transmit while on EVA.

Some of the science messages are downright hilarious.

"The less resilient of the samples appear to have splattered around the interior, forming new and interesting color combinations."

This apparently has scientific use.

Just got back from my Munar Flyby: CWhGySB.png

and:

NIIOOpy.png

I think i am done with career mode for today though! It was my first hands-off flyby I did. (no engine burning apart from the burn to get to the moon)

Next mission is a munar orbit and return!

You Squad have really outdone yourself with career mode. I wasn't excited at first hearing about it (yes, still holding out for resources like the other children), but after playing career mode for an hour...wow, 2 hours now.. this is EXACTLY what was needed. Good call. I'm as excited now as I was when I first found KSP (.16) and now I have to explore everywhere haha. You guys did a great and we all appreciate the effort!

BTW: Biome specific experiments = genius!

You Squad have really outdone yourself with career mode. I wasn't excited at first hearing about it (yes, still holding out for resources like the other children), but after playing career mode for an hour...wow, 2 hours now.. this is EXACTLY what was needed. Good call. I'm as excited now as I was when I first found KSP (.16) and now I have to explore everywhere haha. You guys did a great and we all appreciate the effort!

BTW: Biome specific experiments = genius!

THAT IS SO TRUE! I thought I might be dissapointed with career mode, but if you play it without exploiting i can see at least 6-10 hours unlocking the tech tree depending on skill level.

I have just researched thermometers and ladders so far, and im 2 hours in. (also struts :D)

Now that FAR and KIDS are officially 0.22 compatible, I'm going to scrap my almost fresh save and start from scratch. Hopefully I'll have figured out how to push large payloads into space by the time Interstellar is updated.

Does anyone know how to use the patcher on OSX 10.8? The icon just opens up terminal for me...

Sorry, I'm still on Lion.

It's weird though, the game runs better for me in OS X than it does in Windows, but the patcher has never worked for me (which is why I used my Steam code.) Your safest bet is probably to download the DMG.

Edited by Nobody_1707

THAT IS SO TRUE! I thought I might be dissapointed with career mode, but if you play it without exploiting i can see at least 6-10 hours unlocking the tech tree depending on skill level.

I have just researched thermometers and ladders so far, and im 2 hours in. (also struts :D)

Yeah unless you're a monster at building giant rockets with basic parts that can go to Duna, ike and back, it'll take a few hours to unlock the tree in the current version, and even once that's done, i still feel like i wanna go and check out what the goo does all around the solar system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.