slightly perplexed by the "kerbal science" vid

katateochi

While waiting for my 0.22 DL (yay) I watched the new (at least, I'd not seen it before) vid on the store's home page. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it.

Was that the goo? Except it wasn't green.

An Alien? It certainly seemed sentient, but we know that there aren't going to be any.

Or was it the origin story for the Kracken?

What do you think it was?

It did have a very krackenish way about it. reminded me of this (which someone else posted a while back)

tumblr_mik0mcwM2o1r6sgulo1_1280.jpg

Well, that explains a lot. After scientists tried to lock it up in a lab its no wonder it grew up to want revenge!

They even scolded it! I actually feel sorry for the poor lil glowing guy now.

While waiting for my 0.22 DL (yay) I watched the new (at least, I'd not seen it before) vid on the store's home page. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it.

Was that the goo? Except it wasn't green.

An Alien? It certainly seemed sentient, but we know that there aren't going to be any.

Or was it the origin story for the Kracken?

What do you think it was?

Dont think its meant to be alien, I get the impression it's a Native Kerbal octopus thingy. Why would they be sending an alien specimen BACK into space?

I think its the young kraken. It was actually a normal native creature of kerbin, until it fell into the tub of radioactive slop.

It was trapped in the science lab in the end, which was then used on a rocket and sent off into space. When they opened the lab, it escaped. It grew, and grew, and comes back to feed every now and then.

Behold The Krakening!

Yep, looks like a titchy little Kerbal-born octopus evolved into our well-beloved spaceborne scourge. Though how we've had so many problems before we had the science tech to even send it up to the big black is still a mystery.

I will admit I didn't initially twig the octopus/kraken link - I was expecting the poor little blighter to transform into a certain goo we're all about to become too familiar with - I've heard it gets EVERYWHERE...

Not a Kraken. Kraken young can defend themselves. They'd never be so dimwitted as to be caught inside of a container.

Nope. I'm pretty sure it's a young Kerbal in larval form. Being scienced at such a young age (not to mention exposed to vacuum, radiation, atmospheric ablation, reentry) is what makes your standard Kerban so resilient. And fearful.

Not a Kraken. Kraken young can defend themselves. They'd never be so dimwitted as to be caught inside of a container.

Nope. I'm pretty sure it's a young Kerbal in larval form. Being scienced at such a young age (not to mention exposed to vacuum, radiation, atmospheric ablation, reentry) is what makes your standard Kerban so resilient. And fearful.

well it wasn't *technically* a kraken yet. Like Bruce banner wasn't the hulk till he got the same treatment.

Not that I think the creature is alien, but I don't think they're sending it into space. It looks more like it (inadvertent) became a stowaway.

I think it was supposed to go inside a specimen container to be exposed, not loose in the housing...

But it did dismantle the container... like how it will dismantle ships later.... :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.