Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

when this KAS come up for 0.24 cause i need it so bad bec jeb is stuck in orbit without fuel just ran out of it i couldnt want to cheat with fuel i like to nomarl game without cheat i m wait for you damn fix this KAS to 0.24

when this KAS come up for 0.24 cause i need it so bad bec jeb is stuck in orbit without fuel just ran out of it i couldnt want to cheat with fuel i like to nomarl game without cheat i m wait for you damn fix this KAS to 0.24

:0.0: What?

Just a wild hunch, but has anyone looked into the problem of everything exploding as being the cause that KAS thinks the engines are active when they're not?

From what I've seen it looks more like grabbed parts aren't being removed correctly and the physics is trying to push the ship away from what it thinks is an intersection with the grabbed part.

Edited by Khatharr

Hard to understand the sentence. It sounds like "Hey, my mission is ruined because you didn't fix KAS quickly. Fix the mod right now."

If you want it to work, do it yourself, or just wait quietly.

Uh, I don't understand any of your sentence other than "0.24 KAS". KAS works just fine with 32-bit 0.24. Majiir has a life and is really busy right now. If you want it fixed soon, then do it yourself.

Hard to understand the sentence. It sounds like "Hey, my mission is ruined because you didn't fix KAS quickly. Fix the mod right now."

If you want it to work, do it yourself, or just wait quietly.

I actually did that, and got the code to play nicely with x64 KSP 0.24. But I'm not going to share it, since I can't by terms of the license KAS is distributed under.

Sorry.

KAS is causing null refs in the 32bit build, which can completely destroy a craft and/or cause ctd. It is not stable. What sucks is that other mods are tied to KAS rather directly.

So that is what's breaking my save? I have a couple of ships where, as soon as I'm around them, I get a wall of nullreferences. What it usually devolves into is right-clicking not working and/or POV freeze, but on some occasions where I let it go and loaded increasingly broken quicksaves, I did manage to break the universe at least once:

rfo30Z4.png

If someone confirms that's because of KAS, well, I think I can still pick up from a couple of undamaged points, but until then, I'm kinda stuck on that save. And it's not all the ships in the save either, some work. But I'm not sure the ship that I currently know breaks things even has KAS parts, only KAS-grabable parts. I guess I could make a mad dash to undock everything in the station before the right click menus go to hell (it happens as soon as I click a command pod, BTW), and hope I can re-save it without too many bugs?

Rune. The joys of modded alpha.

Edited by Rune

I've had a quick play with 0.24 and found that at least to get it running only the compatibility check needs updating...

I compiled using a Makefile just cause I don't like IDE's, after grabbing source from Majiir's git hub and making a franken-merge from an older version that had models in the part directory and textures, sounds that seem missing from Majir's git hub? I was able to get it running...

I was almost hoping to see some kind of obvious error message in the logs - so I could be sure I'd fixed something!

I haven't had time to properly test KAS with 0.24 but it looks good! I managed to attach a radial connector to the ground and drag a capsule with a winch - no explosions!

but puzzled about 64-bit build ? seems to work in 32/64 bit version of the app ???

I actually did that, and got the code to play nicely with x64 KSP 0.24. But I'm not going to share it, since I can't by terms of the license KAS is distributed under.

Sorry.

You know that you can now if you read like 2 pages back. :P

but puzzled about 64-bit build ? seems to work in 32/64 bit version of the app ???

A lot of people here don't understand that unless a mod does something architecture specific on purpose that there is no difference between mac/lin/win and 32/64. This really needs to go into a prominent faq somewhere.

And yes, for me a simple recompile (using Xamarin Studio) and modifying the version check was all it took as well.

A lot of people here don't understand that unless a mod does something architecture specific on purpose that there is no difference between mac/lin/win and 32/64. This really needs to go into a prominent faq somewhere.

And yes, for me a simple recompile (using Xamarin Studio) and modifying the version check was all it took as well.

Actually there's a difference between 32-bit KSP and 64-bit KSP. There's a lot of bugs in 64-bit for example random crashes and the no decoupler bug.

Sorry I should have been clearer, but in the context of the discussion I was only talking from a mod perspective. Of course the underlying game binary is architecture dependant.

Edited by micha

Would anyone be so kind as to make available their fixed version of KAS for 32bit 0.24? I have tried two different kas.dll's downloaded from this thread and both have bugs. So if I could try other ones that would be cool :D

I assume that when they recompile it, they make a platform independent version that works in 32 and 64 bit. I've tried the fixes in 64bit ksp, and they still fail in spectacular fashion. I'm going to try a fresh ksp install next and see if maybe it's conflicting with some other mod.

Sorry.

Because circumstances will have me unable to update KAS in a timely manner, I am temporarily allowing the distribution of the KAS plugin modified for 0.24 compatibility purposes. Please do not distribute any models, textures or other art assets, and please do not distribute any part configuration files. If you'd like to balance part costs, please use a ModuleManager patch. This permission applies to the plugin only. (The KAS project has a number of contributors, and it's always a challenge to ensure all creators' rights are respected.) Please link to modifications in this thread and avoid third-party sites like Curse. (Something like Dropbox or Google Drive for hosting is fine.)

This exception shall expire as soon as I release an official update, so please bear that in mind. This is intended to allow volunteers to address compatibility issues for the players, not to otherwise grant distribution rights to the KAS plugin.

I can understand why you missed this since it was several pages back. But since there is no official release, if you got it to behave in x64 KSP, please by all means release it.

I think I found how to disable grabbing force, or explosion, but it's not a good solution.

http://youtu.be/wY7TSJtg_LA

The mod used in this video is "Time Control".

Slowing down everytime grabbing things is a nuisance, but if you have to use KAS right now, this would help a little.

I asked this question on the Youtube video but with hindsight I should have probably asked it here instead, what happens if you use 1/1 time with the "Lock Delta Physics" option? Boom or grabbiness?

i think the problem with removing parts is to do with them taking the form of decouplers with an extreme force

Aha! So KAS's explosiveness is in actual fact the direct result of all the failed decouplers of every KSP player being channelled through quantum entanglement into our KAS parts, thus causing our parts to detach with excessive force!

... which reminds me, where did I put my medication?

Sorry.

John, John, John, JOhn, JOHn, JOHN!! *stomp*stomp*stomp*