Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

not work for me on64x not work on 32x one think only containers and is comunicate about compability

The latest community fix from Xrave/Whaa works for me on 64 bit without issue. I would make sure that you have installed the KAS mod correctly, and then copied over the updated .dll correctly (replacing the outdated one).

No explosions or issues here so far.

So what exactly is the current verdict? How many people have properly tested out the Xrave/Whaa fix (for either but especially 64 bit) and how effective is it?

ive tested 32bit (mostly) and have not had a single glitch or any signs of glitches, but idk about 64bit

64 bit pad test from me.

Loaded a Mk I pod up with a box, placed a pylon and two pipe endpoints in it. EVA'd and placed the pylon on the pad, and the end points on the pylon and Pod, connected them, disconnected them, removed the components, returned them all to the box. No problems. Removed the box itself from the pod, no problems. Dropped the box on the ground, no problems. Picked the box back up without issue. Boarded the pod with the box on my back, box dropped the ground as it should. No problems.

Looks all clear to me, and I'm running 80 something mods at the same time. You probably couldn't ask for a larger compatibility test than that.

Cool video :D I'm glad that we have this awesome content from Majiir and this awesome community. We can also thank Xrave and Whaa for this awesome fix, I only made a small improvement to it and updated version checker config.

Thanks! Added credit to Xrave and Whaa in my video.

I can't find the issue anywhere within the last 10 pages but I neither containers seem to be working. I can't take anything out out of them. Is this a common problem? Is there a fix? Should I just wait until the official update?

Retraction: You have to go back more than 10 pages but the path is out there. All is well and the KAS is working and patched for now.

Edited by sp1989

I'm not sure if it does this for all parts, but when I grab a parachute, my Kerbal flies off in such a way where he is unresponsive, the ship is often damaged, and the fate of the parachute remains unknown. Parachutes were causing serious handling problems before the update, but they weren't game breaking under intended use.

I'm not sure if it does this for all parts, but when I grab a parachute, my Kerbal flies off in such a way where he is unresponsive, the ship is often damaged, and the fate of the parachute remains unknown. Parachutes were causing serious handling problems before the update, but they weren't game breaking under intended use.

Will test parachutes when I get home from work. (wow that's a weird sentence to type)

I can't find the issue anywhere within the last 10 pages but I neither containers seem to be working. I can't take anything out out of them. Is this a common problem? Is there a fix? Should I just wait until the official update?

Retraction: You have to go back more than 10 pages but the path is out there. All is well and the KAS is working and patched for now.

Was there an actual patch or just instructions for a fix? I'm having the same problem.

64 bit pad test from me.

Loaded a Mk I pod up with a box, placed a pylon and two pipe endpoints in it. EVA'd and placed the pylon on the pad, and the end points on the pylon and Pod, connected them, disconnected them, removed the components, returned them all to the box. No problems. Removed the box itself from the pod, no problems. Dropped the box on the ground, no problems. Picked the box back up without issue. Boarded the pod with the box on my back, box dropped the ground as it should. No problems.

Looks all clear to me, and I'm running 80 something mods at the same time. You probably couldn't ask for a larger compatibility test than that.

Cool Beans. I'll take a stab at 64 then. I'm running a billion mods myself, so I've been waiting for a stable fix rather than rage flip my computer. :P

Because circumstances will have me unable to update KAS in a timely manner, I am temporarily allowing the distribution of the KAS plugin modified for 0.24 compatibility purposes. Please do not distribute any models, textures or other art assets, and please do not distribute any part configuration files. If you'd like to balance part costs, please use a ModuleManager patch. This permission applies to the plugin only. (The KAS project has a number of contributors, and it's always a challenge to ensure all creators' rights are respected.) Please link to modifications in this thread and avoid third-party sites like Curse. (Something like Dropbox or Google Drive for hosting is fine.)

This exception shall expire as soon as I release an official update, so please bear that in mind. This is intended to allow volunteers to address compatibility issues for the players, not to otherwise grant distribution rights to the KAS plugin.

*Edit* I would just like to remind people to make backups of their KAS folder before installing this or altering any of your KAS files.

I updated the plugin to fix the breaking force values. To get the grabbing of parachutes I had to modify my personal KAS plugin configs which I can not redistribute. But I can tell you how I did it so you can enjoy the same. First off this "tweak" for the parachutes is in no way an official patch or representation of Majiir. With that out of the way we may begin, In the addModule.cfg at the bottom there is a GRAB config for a parachuteRadial and I changed evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.09, -0.23) to evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.09, -0.12) and removed this line physicJoint = true. Doing that allowed me to grab parachutes without being shot into space or them breaking the joint.

The download link below only includes the updated plugin dll. No models textures or configs are included.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kaie9rnpio42r8/KAS_64bit_24_2.zip

Edited by JeffersonFlight
Updated download Link

how do i install this fix?

I'm not sure if you are referring to the the installation of the plugin or the personal fix.

Before doing either I would backup your KAS Folder so you have a backup. And once again In no way is this an offical patch or am I representing Majiir.

The updated plugin you just extract to your GameData folder Located in your Kerbal Space Program directory and replace the KAS.dll. The personal fix you have to go into your KAS directory in your GameData folder.

Wait, so I got to install both? I do not have KAS currently but would like to add it to my suite of mods that I currently use. So I get the mod, then replace the KAS.dll then the personal fix is replacing something else inside the KAS folder?

And which posts may I find both of these fixes?

Nevermind, Did not see you edited your previous post. I will install and tweak the configs now and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the "Unofficial" fix all of ya :)

Edited by SpaceSmith