Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

I started a new thread in the general add-on forum so we can move this conversation out of the KAS release thread, as the discussion isn't directly related to the KAS releases.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92380-Mod-Licensing

As an effort to moderate ourselves, let's move the licensing issues to that thread and let's not pollute the KAS release thread with it.

Hello, i'm trying to add the KASModuleGrab on KAS_ContainerBay. it' works (I tried 2 ways. via addModule.cfg and editing the cfg part file), but it attaches behind the surface. I mean, half of the mesh is hidden inside the part or ground. I don't see any surface distance code or attach z position (only EVA) to fix this. I've tried changing the node name. but no changes.

Any idea how to fix this?

this is the code i'm using (addModule.cfg):

///////// KAS_ContainerBay1 ///////

GRAB

{

stockPartName = KAS_ContainerBay1

evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.40, -0.10)

evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)

attachNodeName = bottom

attachOnPart = True

attachOnEva = False

attachOnStatic = True

attachSendMsgOnly = False

}

except when dealing with physical items where it's very dangerous to do so.

No, even then one's perfectly free to tinker. If I want to modify my chainsaw to not have the safety brake on it I'm well within my rights to do so. If I want to remove the airbags in my car I'm well within my right to do so. If I want to live in a house that doesn't have a grounded electrical system it's well within my right to do so. These things are dangerous, sure, but it's still my right to do them. They're not endangering other people and I own the things theoretically being modified. And, hell, I often modify lighters to be more convenient to use(IE disable the ........ 'safety' button that requires an act of congress to get to move most of the time). My stuff my rules.

they could implement an api key system and just remove the keys of any "offending" mods.

DRM on mods would kill KSP. DRM in general is wrong, and I could soapbox about how it's an insult to the customer for days if I wanted to and didn't mind risking mod wrath.

Edited by Kenobi McCormick

I'm well within my rights to do so.

A right is simply something that a man with a gun tells you that you can do. In a free society rights are assumed and crimes are specified.

Or to put it in the words of Ayn Rand, "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

I am having a problem that I could not figure out. Apparently, I can attach containers to their bays, but I cannot edit their contents. Could someone please give me some advice on how to fix the problem?

great mod, amazing stuff, having fun with this, made a crane, modified the cfg, was barly able to pull up 20-30 t, now I fix it up and it can pull up 300 t + not sure didn`t want to break my 150 ton crane :)

anyway how do I go about releasing my modified kas parts, cfg??