Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

Is it possible to duplicate a storage part with all the parts inside? It's so tedious to fill storage up and balance it properly
Will it save as a subassembly?

You, sir, are a genius. It WILL.

Now I'm off to make several subassemblies of box combinations I frequently use.

As you are quoting questions and answer with enthusiasm, can I assume that these actually work? :wink:

It was not obvious? :)

So im finding everything exploded when I link 2 craft together on the moon . I have most of the common mods installed, the craft are 2 small landers 1 automated 1 manned.

any ideas?

F5. Reload when things explode. I hit F5 before linking anything and reload when if they explode.

Hi, how could I add the option to store parts of other mods, like quantum struts?

By editing the addModule.cfg in the KAS folder. You have to set up sizes for storing the parts in containers and positions for carrying them on Kerbals' backs.

I already did that for a number of mods a while ago and posted it here. I didn't include quantum stuts, because KAS itself already contains an alternative, but if you want that, it's not hard to add.

Okay, since there didn't seem to be one around yet, I made an edited addModule.cfg providing grab/drop/attach/store functionality for appropriate parts from other mods.

It supports KW Rocketry, B9 Aerospace, RLA Stockalike, RLA Power Generation, KSPX, Near Future Propulsion, Aviation Lights, and some minor other stuff.

Here it is: http://pastebin.com/US3hY9By

Edited by Hurry, Starfish!

Yes, you are right, thank you :)

I actually went to the parts .cfg files and added them to the tech tree so I can use them in career, then I saw the struts.

Today I sent a "repair ship" and EVA a lot of struts, and refueling using the pipes is much better than using docking.

Hey all! I've been trying to get this mod to work as it looks like a fun mod for doing all sorts of cool connections of structures in bases and whatnot. However, whenever I start up KSP after installing it, KSP never loads to the menu, it just gets stuck on the loading screen giving me never ending loading tips. From what I've read, it could be a problem with too many mods, but the only big ones I have other than KAS are KW and the Kethane mod, and I don't believe that's too many.

So yeah, that about sums it up. Lookin' to get this thing working. Anyone have any ideas?

Sidenote: I just read that career mode for this doesn't work by default, but I don't really follow how to get it working...I'm not that particularly tech savvy..

KSP never loads to the menu, it just gets stuck on the loading screen giving me never ending loading tips.

It happened to me once. Seemed like a CFG was causing KSP trouble, corruption or something, whatever. The point is, it couldn't load a CFG. Removing said file fixed the problem, but that subsequently led to the loss of that part, the ships that had said part on it, and ultimately my whole career mode save.

It was only fixed when I completely reinstalled KSP.

Just thinking recently - What I would like to see is a 1.25 and 2.5 stack parts container. Would be nice for when you just want to bring along a few parts and don't need the movability of teh storage containers.

It happened to me once. Seemed like a CFG was causing KSP trouble, corruption or something, whatever. The point is, it couldn't load a CFG. Removing said file fixed the problem, but that subsequently led to the loss of that part, the ships that had said part on it, and ultimately my whole career mode save.

It was only fixed when I completely reinstalled KSP.

Alright, I'll give a reinstallation a go, even if it sounds like I'll need to start a new career game :( Still, I know a lot more now than I did.

By the way, how do you get KAS working in career mode anyway?

I've been using the fuel pipes to refuel a ship in 0-G and I noticed there can be a wobbling if the relative speed between ships before linking the line is larger than 0.1~0.2 m/s

Once, one of the ships disappeared and the other got a drastic orbit change. On another situation, the whole thing started wobbling out of control until one of the ships got broken.

I would suggest that the pipes could be broken if enough tension is applied.

Just thinking recently - What I would like to see is a 1.25 and 2.5 stack parts container. Would be nice for when you just want to bring along a few parts and don't need the movability of teh storage containers.

I think Nothkes KASPAR would be ideal for this, once he gets around to finish it.

Alright, I'll give a reinstallation a go, even if it sounds like I'll need to start a new career game :( Still, I know a lot more now than I did.

By the way, how do you get KAS working in career mode anyway?

Download and install Module Manager (from these forums), then create a config file (.cfg, name doesnt matter) with any text editor, then fill it with the below text and put it in your GameData directory

//================================//
// Kerbal Attachment System //

@PART[KAS_Container1]
{
TechRequired = start
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Container2]
{
TechRequired = start
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_ContainerBay1]
{
TechRequired = start
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_CPort1]
{
TechRequired = specializedConstruction
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_CPort2]
{
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_Anchor]
{
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_GrapplingHook]
{
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_Magnet]
{
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_HookSupport]
{
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Pipe1]
{
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Pylon1]
{
TechRequired = generalConstruction
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Strut1]
{
TechRequired = generalConstruction
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch1]
{
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch2]
{
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch3]
{
entryCost = 0
}

@PART[KAS_Winch4]
{
entryCost = 0
}

// Kerbal Attachment System //

uh is there a mediafire link because there is something wrong with KAS for me in that the content menu that is suppose to open won't open and all i here is just the sound that is suppose to go with it.

i have tried redownloading from spaceport but it did not work

Edit: when i mean by this is that it would prevent me from adding stuff into the containers in the VAB

Help, I am having the same problem. I can not pre-fill containers in the VAB. please help

I haven't run into that issue so I'm afraid I can't help with it.

I did have a thought for an eventuallity with KAS - If a Kerbal is carrying a container, perhaps have a "Grab and store" option for things they can grab. As it is, they have to drop the container somewhere, grab parts individually and then store them individually.

I just had the weirdest glitch.

I had just flown in a new part of what will eventually be a Mun Base, and I attached the ground pylon to the surface, then attempted to link a pipe on the ship to a pipe of the pylon. upon completing that task, both the pylon and the ship just disappeared. no explosion, nothing. just gone. I have a screenshot of the aftermath, not that it'll help much.

Pertinent info: the part on the ship that had had the pip endpoint was from Lack Luster Labs. not sure if there's an incompatibility, but just thought I'd specify that the ship was not all stock.

I just had the weirdest glitch.

I had just flown in a new part of what will eventually be a Mun Base, and I attached the ground pylon to the surface, then attempted to link a pipe on the ship to a pipe of the pylon. upon completing that task, both the pylon and the ship just disappeared. no explosion, nothing. just gone. I have a screenshot of the aftermath, not that it'll help much.

Pertinent info: the part on the ship that had had the pip endpoint was from Lack Luster Labs. not sure if there's an incompatibility, but just thought I'd specify that the ship was not all stock.

Same happened to me while I was refueling in LKO (I forgot to add a docking port so I had to refuel using EVA, and it was quite funXD) and one of the ships disappeared and the other went into a high elliptical orbit.