Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

Since authorization was given for a plugin upload. Heres a quick compilation against the 64bit files and with the version check updated.

This do not fix the small bugs mentioned in that post (force applied on detach and the lack of ejection force), but other than that it does work.

http://www.jeypc.com/dl/KAS024dll.zip replace your dll inside gamedata/KAS/Plugins with the one in this zip and enjoy.

So, anyone that actually knows how care to do a 32bit compilation? Those of use that stayed on the comfortable x86 zone would appreciate it a lot!

Rune. My F5 key would, too.

So, anyone that actually knows how care to do a 32bit compilation? Those of use that stayed on the comfortable x86 zone would appreciate it a lot!

Rune. My F5 key would, too.

Rune read my mind. And you get cookies if trying to grab stuff doesn't break all the things!

I've tried the compiled .dll on linux x86_64. KAS containers' content can't be edited in the VAB/SPH (no edit option on right-click), can't grab KAS parts off craft on eva (the only right-click menu option is "No Damage").

There's no need for a 32-bit compile. Plugins are architecture independent.

Also bear in mind this simply allows KAS to run under 0.24. Unless someone provides patches a recompile does not magically fix any issues, of which there appear to be many if you're playing under windows. Somewhat less so under Linux. This is currently assumed to be primarily due to the underlying Unity implementation so nothing which can be fixed quickly although there may be clever workarounds.

Tl; dr: recompiled versions "work" for 32 bit as well.

NB. @Majiir: great mod! Haven't been playing for long but it's one of my essential must-haves. Thanks!

I've tried the compiled .dll on linux x86_64. KAS containers' content can't be edited in the VAB/SPH (no edit option on right-click), can't grab KAS parts off craft on eva (the only right-click menu option is "No Damage").

Can confirm, can't open containers.

Confirmed, tried the recompiled .dll on win 7 x64 on .24 x64 and the parts all go in and are correct but cannot use them with a kerbal "no damage" message only and containers cannot be edited

I get the same result as described by chrt on Linux 64 bit for Jey123456's compile. And actually, the standard 0.4.7 version seems to be working "acceptably" for me :confused:.

64Bit Kas.dll (just compiled didnt changed the version checker so it will throw a warning) (DRopBox Link) (Plugin only) License - Source code

I can additionally confirm this, at least via testing on the Runway. Running .24 on OSX and all of the grab functions worked on parts that have the module, the containers worked fine. No explosions, RUDs or anything else troublesome. Thank you very much for this!

Tried whaaw's 64 bit dll on Win 7 x64 as an admin, grab-explosion still present. Sorry whaaw

edit: oddly enough, it actually was not the first thing I grabbed that caused it. I had put a couple of containers in bays on to test the store/release and then grab. The first container I grabbed clearly put some weird physics strain on the ship but it did not blow up. So I stored it and grabbed it again. Then it blew up.

I wonder if the parts are not "decoupling" but rather having a strain-break applied to them instead. That might explain why it was all fine with the launch clamps on, since they apply a massive holding force.

Edited by PringleMan

You got it!

http://imgur.com/a/Lx41x

I tested both attached and not attached to launch clamps. With the launch clamps everything worked the way it should. Without, however, caused a rapid spontanious disassembly.

Tested in x64 ran as admin.

Might be worth mentioning that it doesn't work for you in 64 bit in your first post? Because it seems fine for 32 bit. Don't need people getting confused, you know?