Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

I actually did that, and got the code to play nicely with x64 KSP 0.24. But I'm not going to share it, since I can't by terms of the license KAS is distributed under.

Sorry.

John_A_Tallon, you can redistribute the dll if you so choose :) Or you can tell us how you fixed it? At least tell Majir and spare him some homework!

Indeed, what spiritplumber said.

And the proof, here is what Majiir said about this:

Because circumstances will have me unable to update KAS in a timely manner, I am temporarily allowing the distribution of the KAS plugin modified for 0.24 compatibility purposes. Please do not distribute any models, textures or other art assets, and please do not distribute any part configuration files. If you'd like to balance part costs, please use a ModuleManager patch. This permission applies to the plugin only. (The KAS project has a number of contributors, and it's always a challenge to ensure all creators' rights are respected.) Please link to modifications in this thread and avoid third-party sites like Curse. (Something like Dropbox or Google Drive for hosting is fine.)

This exception shall expire as soon as I release an official update, so please bear that in mind. This is intended to allow volunteers to address compatibility issues for the players, not to otherwise grant distribution rights to the KAS plugin.

:)

I asked this question on the Youtube video but with hindsight I should have probably asked it here instead, what happens if you use 1/1 time with the "Lock Delta Physics" option? Boom or grabbiness?

Ah, I forgot to put in video what happens if I grab things using Lock Delta Physics option with 1/1x time.

As I'm not an English-speaker, I cannot tell why exactly (I tried but cannot find appropriate words), but it just explodes. Same comment's on youtube video.

I'm starting to wonder if it is to do with timing. I don't have a particularly powerful CPU (Athlon X2 240), but I do have Max Physics Delta-Time per Frame set to the minimum (0.03 sec). This may lower my framerate, but ensures the physics simulation is as accurate as possible. Something to check/try perhaps?

So, From what I have gathered from the last 10 or so pages in the KAS forums is the Dev is either away or busy ATM and the update won't be for a while yet. x64 has the explosion on grab bug, same as the hacked version from .23.5. x32 Works mostly, just throws up version error, also there was something about Null references (not sure what those are but they are probably bad.

Also there are a few compiled .dlls that get rid of the version check problem, but I was unable to ascertain if they fixed the null references. Did I miss anything? AKA someone got a .dll that fixes the x32 errors (all of them) and the mod will work just fine in the x32 platform with it? Mainly just asking because KAS is one of those mods that a lot of things tie into and if I can get it to work I'd be extremely happy, just don't want to use it if those null references feed ships and saves to the kraken

Edited by Reign Of Magic

I'm starting to wonder if it is to do with timing. I don't have a particularly powerful CPU (Athlon X2 240), but I do have Max Physics Delta-Time per Frame set to the minimum (0.03 sec). This may lower my framerate, but ensures the physics simulation is as accurate as possible. Something to check/try perhaps?

Nope, I have mine rocking the .04 sec, and it will self-implode when Jeb tries to grab stuff.

i dont know where this force is applied

mk2LanderCabin collided into Launch Pad - relative velocity: 24.05333 - no impact momentum (no RB)

[KAS] Grab - Grabbing part :KAS.Pipe1
[PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

i changed some stuff but it dosent work and i cant see the problem we need some good coders here^^

I did some more tests using the dll i provided earlier (but since theres essentially no changes to the code except what its built aggainst it probably act the same with stock dll) any kas objects i place in the editor, do not react as kas node at all (cant grab cant attach or anything) but any new objects i attached once in flight work fine, no mysterious push or explosions yet.

This mean pipes etc work fine but you need to place all the pipe ends mid flight and not in the editor

Is there a way to modify a Part to work with KAS. I'm dumb and made a space station with a docking area that I didn't add a docking port to. I would love to just through one into the next rocket headed to it and use KAS to attach it.

assuming you have the modulemanager installed [packaged with KAS anyway, I believe:

1) create a new text document, say in the Gamedata/KAS folder [anywhere inside of gamedata works]

2) name it whateveryouwant.cfg (overwrite the .txt extension [it will ask you if you are sure you're sure])

3) open this file (any text editor will work - I happen to like notepad++, but the standard notepad or whatever your OS's basic thingy is will work)

4) Enter the following, making the relevant exact entries as noted (the stuff you have to figure out yourself is in red):

@PART[//name of part here this is the name = whatever at the top of the parts .cfg file]

{

MODULE

{

name = KASModuleGrab

evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) //this line is how a kerbal holds the part in eva and the next is the way the part faces when you first attach it from eva

evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)

storable = true //this being true indicates that you can put the part in those containers

storedSize = 2 //this is the size value in the storage container bigger number indicates more bulky. the mass for storage is the regular mass of the part

attachOnPart = True

attachOnEva = False

attachOnStatic = False //not actually sure what these three lines do, just leave them, I suppose

}

}

if you want to apply this to a bunch of parts with one statement (not copy and paste for each part), check out the modulemanager thread - it has a guide for that

attachOnEva = False // can this part be attached to an EVAing kerbal? (different than grab, it's a lot more solid and will be lost on vehicle entry)

attachOnStatic = False // can this part be attached to terrain and KSP buildings?