[0.23.5] TreeLoader - Custom Career Tech-tree Loader 1.1.5

r4m0n

I was able to use Interstellar's updated files to get the TreeLoader to work in 64bit.

Interstellar's updated .24 dlls can be found at Interstellar experimental version. (aka unofficial, aka often buggy, aka NOT FRACTALUK's RESPONSIBILITY). Thanks to WaveFunctionP. I think it may have hit its max bandwidth for this cycle.

@ dtoxic

you have 2 choice,

-You grab one from existing tech tree, like before.

-or if you like a tree made by someone, or if you want to load your own tree, you have to copy/paste your tree.cfg, I explain myself :

1-Grab this :Treeedit.dll and put it inside /Gamedata, and be sure to remove treeloader.dll before launching the game.

2- Create a new game, on the pop-up select one of them, or simply clik on stock tree. (Personaly i used one of all tree because with the stock tree it didnt save my work, dont know why..)

3- enter R&D building.

4- Edit the tree like you want and dont forget to save by typing F5 when you have done. and quit the game.

5- Replace treeloader.dll and delete treeedit.dll

6- go to your save directory, you will see this one you had just created (e.g. TreeEdit for me), enter it and you will see your tree.cfg, copy all you got inside and close the file.

7- Launch the game, create a new career and then, when you see the tree pop-up select stock. Dont enter de R&D building, after that, return to the main menu.

8- Go to your save directory, /save/*YourNewCareer*, and open notree.cfg, then, paste all we copyied just before, and save.

9- return inside the game, and load your save.

10- It's normally done.

(sorry for bad english)

@ dtoxic

you have 2 choice,

-You grab one from existing tech tree, like before.

-or if you like a tree made by someone, or if you want to load your own tree, you have to copy/paste your tree.cfg, I explain myself :

1-Grab this :Treeedit.dll and put it inside /Gamedata, and be sure to remove treeloader.dll before launching the game.

2- Create a new game, on the pop-up select one of them, or simply clik on stock tree. (Personaly i used one of all tree because with the stock tree it didnt save my work, dont know why..)

3- enter R&D building.

4- Edit the tree like you want and dont forget to save by typing F5 when you have done. and quit the game.

5- Replace treeloader.dll and delete treeedit.dll

6- go to your save directory, you will see this one you had just created (e.g. TreeEdit for me), enter it and you will see your tree.cfg, copy all you got inside and close the file.

7- Launch the game, create a new career and then, when you see the tree pop-up select stock. Dont enter de R&D building, after that, return to the main menu.

8- Go to your save directory, /save/*YourNewCareer*, and open notree.cfg, then, paste all we copyied just before, and save.

9- return inside the game, and load your save.

10- It's normally done.

(sorry for bad english)

hey thx man will try creating my own trre with your info thx again :)

Must be a an issue with the tree loader, don't have this problem when I do not use the treeloader:

For attempted craft recovery with a Kerman inside, craft does not recover:

[Log]: [VesselRecovery]: Untitled Space Craft recovered At KSC. Recovery Value: 98.0%

[Log]: Crewmember Bill Kerman is available again

[Log]: Added 24.20474 (25) reputation: 'Bill Kerman was recovered!'.

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

(It is never removed from tracking station unless I set it to debris but then the Kerman inside dies also)

Without a Kerman inside the craft with parts and science are recovered fine and vanish from tracking station.

Eva Kerman attempted recovery:

[LOG 15:38:19.402] [VesselRecovery]: Jebediah Kerman recovered At KSC. Recovery Value: 98.0%

[LOG 15:38:19.402] Crewmember Jebediah Kerman is available again

[LOG 15:38:19.403] Added 23.46388 (25) reputation: 'Jebediah Kerman was recovered!'.

[EXC 15:38:19.405] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

Kerman is not recovered from tracking station.

Truly, a beauty to behold. Nice work IPso!

Thx, it built with all these mods and plugins integrated into it:

000_Toolbar

ASET

AviationLights

BeastlyScience

BetterRoveMates

BioMass+Science

BobCatind

BoJaN

BoulderCo

Chatterer

CrossFeedEnabler

DarkMultiPlayer

DEMV Mark3 EX

DEMV Mark5 ANT v0.21.1

DEMV Mk1

DEMVMark2 v0.21.1

Diazo

DMagic Orbital Science

Engineer

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads

Firespitter

HabitatPack

JSI

KAS

KerbalScienceFoundation

Kethane

KSP-AVC

KWRocketry

MagicSmokeIndustries

MechJeb2

Mk4 RAT

MP_Nazari

NearFutureElectrical

NearFuturePropulsion

NearFutureSolar

NearFutureSpacecraft

Nereid

NothkeSerCom

OpenResourceSystem

ProceduralDynamics

ProceduralFairings

Protractor

RBI

RemoteTech2

SCANsat

ScienceAlert

ShipManifest

SmokeScreen

SpaceplanePlus

TarsierSpaceTech

TaurusHCV

TextureReplacer

TracksDll

TriggerTech

TweakScale

UmbraSpaceIndustries

US_Core

VesselView

WarpPlugin

Wayland_Corp

Ok found out what has caused my issue. You cannot have over 76 science nodes. If you do it will give you the error i was getting. 76 is the limit and my tree had 182. Now I have to redo my tree so that I only use 76.

For those of you having problems with Treeloader not working in 24.2:

I used this mod twice. Once with a lightly modded KSP (about 8 mods) and once with completely stock KSP (both v24.2) and both times the Treeloader window comes up without a problem and I can choose from about 6 or 8 custom tech trees. If you're getting infinite loading screens or any other issues with Treeloader not working, it's probably your other mods messing it up. Treeloader still works fine.

I have just a question. How do a custom tech tree in Science Mode, introduced by 0.24. The popup doesn't appear when I launch a new game.

I really need an answer to this question, I am having the same problem.

What did you change?

In the class TreeLoader, in the method OnGameSceneLoadRequested(), there was a condition that limited a custiom tree loader at mode Career. I had in the condition the mode Science Sandbox. The rest of code worked for both modes.

I only had the TreeListItemData class, that was missing in the giving code.

PS : I'm French, and I don't speak English. So I'm sorry if you find mistakes.

Tried your recompiled version, but it wacks out my TechTree. Lots of missing connections mostly. I have found a rather circuitous work around to the recovery problem though: here

It either works as well as I think it does so far, or not. There still is a problem with contracts not changing met conditions green though, but they still work, you just don't see it working..

There still is a problem with contracts not changing met conditions green though, but they still work, you just don't see it working...

It actually isn't working completely, for me at least - I do get the money for the contracts, but not the reputation, which results in not getting the higher-level/better-paying contracts. This is a huge hindrance when trying to run the RPL tree. RSS/RPL/RO is rather unforgiving wrt. budgets...

Is there a way to make a nice fancy tree with the editor and include the tree.cfg with the mod package instead of having to rely on network availability? I like the way the tree shapes can be changed around but having to push changes via someone's host makes the mod dependant on third parties / potential delays.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.