For some reason...

btymciw

For some reason while reading the Weekly news updates for KSP I thought they would be adding the Mining aspect in this update... Considering they teased us with what the parts looked like, and how the resources would work, around 10months ago.

So as neat as the R&D is, I was slightly disappointed with this update. BUT, only because in one of the weekly updates it was mentioned that there was was over 43 parts to unlock through research, so I had the "bazaar" assumption that there was going to be 43+ new parts (which led me to believe they were going to have some mining parts, and then some... considering its been 10 months)

Don't get me wrong... This isn't one of those "I want my money back", or anything like that... I love this game.

I was just wondering if anyone else expected the same of this update. Or if I'm just right out to lunch.

""Also while I'm here. Anyone got the slightest clue to when the Mining will be implemented?"" ((if we are not supposed to be asking those types of questions i'll edit this part out. Just give me a heads up))

Well I am very pleased with Career Mode.

Its just the whole 43 parts that threw me off, and a bunch of small details heavily talked about a little under a yr ago.

I dunno I just find it confusing they would tease us with the Resource Chart, and part details, over 10 months ago. I'm aware they said they would like to wait and do it right, but that's another reason I thought it would be in this update. Cause what better time to integrate resources, but with R&D?

... Cause what better time to integrate resources, but with R&D?

I nwould have been very very surprised if they had included Resources into 0.22

After all time is limited and they seemed to spend most of it on R&D (and I assume that Resources, while maybe partially complete, still requires lots of game balancing)

(Disclaimer: What follows is baseless speculation, entirely generated by my own brain's often-feverish imaginations, and is more or less me "thinking out loud." Don't treat anything I say in this post as if it's anything the devs themselves have stated, because it isn't.)

I'm thinking that the devs are holding off on resources until at least the following things happen:

- The tech tree gets a few tweaks and rebalances, based on player feedback.

- Some major, game-changing update in the near future adds an actual economy (i.e. us having to buy our own parts and fuel with money we get from some source or another) to the mix.

Once those two aspects of the game are nailed down, I'd imagine that that would be the perfect time to start thinking about resources, most likely as a late-tier technological advance that allows us to locate raw materials and refine them into fuel and oxidizer.

It was plainly mentioned that the parts to be unlocked are old parts with addition of few science parts. I have no idea how you managed to get it wrong. You probably read what you wanted to read, not what was written :)

Its just the whole 43 parts that threw me off, and a bunch of small details heavily talked about a little under a yr ago.

I dunno I just find it confusing they would tease us with the Resource Chart, and part details, over 10 months ago.

How many updates have happened since then? 3? 4? Why were you expecting it in *this* update?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.