Easter Egg surface sample/goo readings?

Astronomer

i was flying a plane to the airport earlier the day to find out the answer of the same queation, but then i failed the landing a few times, and after three laps circling the airport, i landed but the plane decided to explode (i thought my descend was good tho')

so, i would like to know that too

so the crew attributes have something to do with the reports they make?

wow this game is deep

I feel like it is either this, or different crew reports are based on parts on the craft; because I had a craft within the mun's sphere of influence that was using a lv-45 and the crew report was "You look down at the cold grey surface. It looks really beat up with craters." and I had another craft with the tiny liquid fuel engine and the crew report was "You look down and try to find a place to land, you feel as if a crater would be the best option." however, the craft was never meant to land.

I feel like it is either this, or different crew reports are based on parts on the craft; because I had a craft within the mun's sphere of influence that was using a lv-45 and the crew report was "You look down at the cold grey surface. It looks really beat up with craters." and I had another craft with the tiny liquid fuel engine and the crew report was "You look down and try to find a place to land, you feel as if a crater would be the best option." however, the craft was never meant to land.

While I haven't tested this out, I got those results from two of the same exact craft. I believe the difference was altitude above the moon, which other people have been reporting as well.

... Or it could be purely random among a number of canned reports. like Kerbals inflight reactions (subscribed for reference)

That is very possible too!

I'm actually restating my career save and am going to write down all the different combinations of data on Mun and Kerbin. Then I might transfer them to a spreadsheet.

Don't forget, there are different (2 kinds actually) biomes on Mun. So i think crew report message depends on altitude above celestial body and type of nearest biome on it's surface.

There are a lot more than 2. There is one for each large crater and the flatlands.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.