Easter Egg surface sample/goo readings?

Astronomer

I feel like it is either this, or different crew reports are based on parts on the craft; because I had a craft within the mun's sphere of influence that was using a lv-45 and the crew report was "You look down at the cold grey surface. It looks really beat up with craters." and I had another craft with the tiny liquid fuel engine and the crew report was "You look down and try to find a place to land, you feel as if a crater would be the best option." however, the craft was never meant to land.

I had this with my main Test pilot Jeb. He said both of those with the same design. So it is most likely just randomness.

• 2 months later...

The science refs config file has this for the science bay jr.

JoolInSpace = The computer gave an odd report no matter how many times we sent the request. Open the sample bay doors... "I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't let you do that" was the only reply. The doors did open very promptly when we opened the fusebox panel. Very curious.

... Or it could be purely random among a number of canned reports. like Kerbals inflight reactions (subscribed for reference)

It looks like it's canned with parameters. High up in space, low in space, high in atmosphere, low in atmosphere, surface.

My Kerbal thinks he saw something fly by around Ike...

Sadly he thought wrong, MB was removed :c

Apparently there is one for landing on Jool...

JoolSrfLanded = You're not sure how you even landed on the surface of a gas giant. But it's probably best not to think about it for too long..

Now I'm off to see if there are any files for surface samples or landing on the sun messages! :P

JoolSrfLanded = You're not sure how you even landed on the surface of a gas giant. But it's probably best not to think about it for too long..

Now I'm off to see if there are any files for surface samples or landing on the sun messages! :P

What if you increased all the stenghts in the cfg files for the parts? Could it survive the landing then?

Suggests that the mysterious goo is a small kraken (as well as when in water): BopInSpace = The canister begins to resonate, causing an odd harmonic effect inside the vessel. It's very unsettling.

Obvious reference is obvious: DunaSrfLanded = Unable to satisfy your Curiousity, you attempt to drill into the rock with your tool. You're thinking it would be a lot easier if you had some kind of pulsating drill thing on a robotic arm.

A space kraken egg?: BopSrfLanded = You dig through the surface and find a little sphere, it looks a bit like an egg.

HAL 9000/2001: A Space Odyssey reference: DunaSrfLanded = The sample computer processes the results. It's massive red eye seems to be at home here as it slowly, ominously, blinks.

HAL 9000 reference. In the book 2001: A Space Odyssey, when HAL's logic is gone, he begins to sing a song called "Daisy Bell": DresSrfLanded = As the samples process, the computer asks if it can sing you a song while it works. Apparently it's about a flower of some kind.

Edited by turkwinif

how do i get to those files?

Suggests that the mysterious goo is a small kraken (as well as when in water): BopInSpace = The canister begins to resonate, causing an odd harmonic effect inside the vessel. It's very unsettling.

Obvious reference is obvious: DunaSrfLanded = Unable to satisfy your Curiousity, you attempt to drill into the rock with your tool. You're thinking it would be a lot easier if you had some kind of pulsating drill thing on a robotic arm.

A space kraken egg?: BopSrfLanded = You dig through the surface and find a little sphere, it looks a bit like an egg.

HAL 9000/2001: A Space Odyssey reference: DunaSrfLanded = The sample computer processes the results. It's massive red eye seems to be at home here as it slowly, ominously, blinks.

HAL 9000 reference. In the book 2001: A Space Odyssey, when HAL's logic is gone, he begins to sing a song called "Daisy Bell": DresSrfLanded = As the samples process, the computer asks if it can sing you a song while it works. Apparently it's about a flower of some kind.

Jool orbit.

bJShUqZ.png

But yeah the Easter eggs on the surface don't yet have any special science results for getting close to them. They should... and I'll be disappointed if they never get added... but right now they don't.

Edited by FITorion

Back to the OP's actual question (no offense! The discussion has been fascinating but almost none of it has been on topic :) )...

The only Easter Egg specific biome I know of (and I've only been to a few eggs) is KSC2's biome is "KSC" which actually is a detriment. You fly all that way and get the exact same science you'd get by walking off the launch pad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.