Need help Carreer mode.

Hi,

I wanted to start carreer mode and fly but i only have a FL-T200 fuel tank i cant do anything with that.

Is this a bug or did i do something wrong?

Greetings Rowns

Edited by rowns

Actually, I think it is a great way to learn to build small.

Reduce to the max, so to speak.

I started this evening and advanced to my first Mun-flyby.

You can actually do quite a lot with that little fueltank and a basic engine. Ok, the first flight was about 15 km straight up and then down again, but that was enough to get to the next level.

Hi,

I wanted to start carreer mode and fly but i only have a FL-T200 fuel tank i cant do anything with that.

Is this a bug or did i do something wrong?

Greetings Rowns

No bug. You need to do some SCIENCE and then do some research before you can fly very far.

After going up high in the air, you can do a crew report, then do an EVA report on the ground (Make sure to recover flight, not revert). Easily gives you 7 science.

How can i fly when i ONLY have a Tank and no pods or rockets?

You should have a capsule, parachute, antenna, FL-200 tank, LV-30 engine, and the small SRB as available parts. Go for a suborbital flight with water landing and recovery first. Be sure that some basic science is done for that mission such as an eva while in space. That should unlock the next stage where you will get a decoupler to build a two stage to get you into orbit for more serious science or do several suborbital missions with landings on various places on Kerban - good for even more Science credit.

You should have a capsule, parachute, antenna, FL-200 tank, LV-30 engine, and the small SRB as available parts. Go for a suborbital flight with water landing and recovery first. Be sure that some basic science is done for that mission such as an eva while in space. That should unlock the next stage where you will get a decoupler to build a two stage to get you into orbit for more serious science or do several suborbital missions with landings on various places on Kerban - good for even more Science credit.

if that was meant for me it wont work even if i just put a capsal on the pad it kinda jumps up and explodes the same happens if i use a small engine and tank this happens as soon as you see the ship on the pad after hitting fly

Do you have any mods installed? Did you install over old savegames? I don't think you could do that anyway because you have to create a new save for career, but I'm grasping at straws.

I'm not having any of these problems, so it's gotta be something on your install. I would rename your ksp_win (or whatever) folder and install a brand new game from scratch so there is GUARANTEED to be NOTHING from previous versions. Then play the new install and see if it works.

Something has to be interfering with his install. Mine is behaving.

After building a basic sub orbital using four tanks stacked and getting a bunch of science points, I was able to unlock the tree to get the parts to build this;

WsSujGV.jpg

zUCLXGU.jpg

The 55 additional science points came from the single mission of that two stage with booster that had more then enough resources to orbit Mun and return.

cfd0Euk.jpg

One important thing with building rockets with no launch controllers. They have to sit flat on the pad, example, the three boosters support the rocket, or bad things will happen.

Edited by SRV Ron

Before you even head out in space, you can do landings on Kerbal and land in each kind of biome. I landed in water and grass so far, did all experiments and reports, then recovery, and it netted me over 24 points for 4 attempts. There are I think 7 biomes -(mountains, plains etc..). I use 2 of the goop things for extra points. So try everything you can on the ground to get as many points as possible before going to space, you can have a lot more research dont before you get that far.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.