Reverting to launch and to VAB in Career mode should cost science.

Hello kerbal killers,

After playing 0.22, and really enjoying it a lot, i am starting to see some "cheaty" situations.

for example: When i crash my vessel, and kill my kerbal, i can Revert it to launch, and have both my kerbal and my vehicle magically back.

I know a cool workaround for this:

On VAB, you add another button called: test Launch.

that launch is timed, like 90 seconds, and its free, even if u fail and crash to revert to eighter launch or VAB.

Then u have the normal launch.

when u normal launch, and then u crash, U should Lose permanently that kerbal, and u should have an option to revert but At a cost in science.

and that cost should be variable depending on where it crashed.

and when u revert by paying science, you will get a new Kerbal.

I must admit i do think this too. And maybe limit quicksaves to 1 or 2 a flight. However the beginner players are going to go through alot of science and kerbals. Maybe a difficulty system.

Easy allows reverts and invitate quicksaves,

medium allows reverts up to 10 minutes into a flight with limited amount of quicksaves

hard doesnt allow reverting or quicksaves

hardcore. Same as hard but with time warp limited to 2x (or something stupid like that :D a silly idea i know but I would attempt it :P)

I personally set myself the task of not reverting to launch unless i deem it a test flight. If my craft makes it to 60km i will revert and class further flights as KAR (kerbal at risk) flights

I must admit i do think this too. And maybe limit quicksaves to 1 or 2 a flight. However the beginner players are going to go through alot of science and kerbals. Maybe a difficulty system.

Easy allows reverts and invitate quicksaves,

medium allows reverts up to 10 minutes into a flight with limited amount of quicksaves

hard doesnt allow reverting or quicksaves

hardcore. Same as hard but with time warp limited to 2x (or something stupid like that :D a silly idea i know but I would attempt it :P)

I personally set myself the task of not reverting to launch unless i deem it a test flight. If my craft makes it to 60km i will revert and class further flights as KAR (kerbal at risk) flights

yep dificulty settings or something would be exacly what i want xD .

also limiting warp to 2x is suicide if u want to drive to another planet xD

also limiting warp to 2x is suicide if u want to drive to another planet xD

which is why its hardcore mmuhahahahaha. I think my first eelloo mission was something like 1600 days...so 800 days at 2x warp. I would have to be hardcore to see that one through!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.