What is Your Nationality?

Phoxtane

Brazillian - albeit hardly patriotic...

legally i\'m Spanish as well, tho i\'ve never really been to Spain (planning to, in a near future)...

still living at S23.631115, W46.695119 - google coords, get map :thumbup:

HarvesteR is also Brazillian - now residing in Mexico City....

i know this because we did share a womb for some months between 1984 and 1985...

it was NOT comfortable, i can assure you - even tho i don\'t recall much of it, being a fetus and all....

plus it was the 80\'s... the world was weird back then...

i think people as a general culture were under the impression they had made it to 'the future' somehow.... which then again, kinda explains the 90\'s as being a dull style-ridden hangover of a decade of uncanny electronic drums that sounded nothing like the real thing and.... *urgh* shoulder pads..... *shudders*

i might be a little thunk, i drink :cheers:

Guest ThatCrazyPilot

Canadian living in Toronto Ontario, and hating it.

My roots are dug too deep to move :(

I moved from Toronto and hate it. I wish i was there again.

i think people as a general culture were under the impression they had made it to 'the future' somehow.... which then again, kinda explains the 90\'s as being a dull style-ridden hangover of a decade of uncanny electronic drums that sounded nothing like the real thing and.... *urgh* shoulder pads..... *shudders*

Don\'t trash the 90\'s. The 80\'s F*ing sucked! You\'d have a decade long hang-over after living through that s**t too. I can see your point of view, born in the mid-80\'s you have little to no recollection of the world before 1990. LUCKY YOU!

The first major pop song to use a drum machine was 'Saved by the Bell' by Robin Gibb, which reached #2 in Britain in 1969.

Drum machines exploded on the scene in the 80\'s thanks to the Roland TR-808, but were nothing new, *especially* by 1990.

Search YouTube for 'popular 80\'s' and 'popular 90\'s' songs. See for yourself.

I\'ll happily take Marylin Manson & Tool over Nena & Culture Club any day.

:)

Oh, and to answer the TLP:

2nd generation Italian-American.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.