What do you think the Mystery goo really is ?

ouion

I was watching an old preview vid for KSP and the part that became the goo container was previously an animal carrier.

You would carry small critters into space and expose them to/observe them in space. Good change, SQUAD, good change.

Also, yes, serious necro. Should be locked.

Found it (~0:55).

I repeat, good change, SQUAD.

I think the mystery goo is a life form, and it originated from bop. Bop was once a deep space comet that contained massive amounts of goo, which was produced by an entity known as "the Kraken". This goo gathered at the core of the asteroid, where it resonated strangely, causing bop's very unusual topography. The comet orbited a young star called Kerbol for a very long time, producing massive amount of goo. Much of this goo never made it to bop's core, and instead was scattered throughout the proto-planetary disk orbiting Kerbol. Eventually, planets formed, and the goo fell to them, but was destroyed due to lack of water on every planet except for one, Kerbin (alright, Duna has ice, but lets assume that the goo didn't impact near the poles). Meanwhile, the home of the goo, Bop, had been captured in an orbit around Jool. The changes that resulted in the death of the Kraken, hence the corpse on bop's surface. However, the Kraken's soul did not did with its body, and instead fused with the goo at bop's core, where it ascended to a god-like state. Meanwhile, back on Kerbin, the goo had developed into intelligent less not sentient life. However, some of the goo remained in its original state. This goo behaves strangely under most circumstances, and even more so near bop.

Or its just a kerbal 3rd grade science experiment. Either one.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, qzgy said:

Really should have this locked. 3 years is quite a long time and a big necro.

Well, as far as I know, this issue is yet to be settled and the Mystery Goo is still a Mystery!

On a side note, it's not actually against the rules to open an old thread if it's still relevant, but rule 2.4b might be worth checking up on :wink:

5 hours ago, Deddly said:

Well, as far as I know, this issue is yet to be settled and the Mystery Goo is still a Mystery!

On a side note, it's not actually against the rules to open an old thread if it's still relevant, but rule 2.4b might be worth checking up on :wink:

Fair enough. 2.4 b does exist....

12 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Fair enough. 2.4 b does exist....

Ha ha! Busted! :wink:

OT: We are talking another world here, so we can go wild, right?

Possibly stems from meteorite impacts, hence its affinity for space.
Metamorphic substance with minimal self-awareness/intelligence and unclear means to sense its environment, under certain conditions able to take form similar to marine invertebrates.
Might be the origin of Kerbal life - maybe by absorbing/fusing with a precursor species and influencing development. (The Thing comes to mind, yes, but with no malicious intent/nature.)
Therefore used in experiments for its similarity to Kerbal cell biology - the irony!

But.. but they found it by dumpster diving! 

This unit was something one of our engineers came upon while dumpster divin-- Erm, while researching alternative applications for existing technologies. It's a sealed container which appears to be filled with a strange-looking substance. We couldn't reach in or break the canister open, but watching how the Goo behaves when subjected to different situations could be very educational.

FLOOYD Dynamics Research Labs

Also since it says that they couldnt break the canister open, I think it is safe to assume that they found it in the canister in the dumpster. Which means that they didn't put it in. Also I would hazard that if some kerbal had made the unit, kerbal technology would be able to break it. On the other hand if it is not of kerbal origin, why do we have an unlimited supply of them?

7 minutes ago, CastleKSide said:

But.. but they found it by dumpster diving! 

This unit was something one of our engineers came upon while dumpster divin-- Erm, while researching alternative applications for existing technologies. It's a sealed container which appears to be filled with a strange-looking substance. We couldn't reach in or break the canister open, but watching how the Goo behaves when subjected to different situations could be very educational.

FLOOYD Dynamics Research Labs

Also since it says that they couldnt break the canister open, I think it is safe to assume that they found it in the canister in the dumpster. Which means that they didn't put it in. Also I would hazard that if some kerbal had made the unit, kerbal technology would be able to break it. On the other hand if it is not of kerbal origin, why do we have an unlimited supply of them?

Maybe they are Kraken eggs.....

lol idek man

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.