What do you think the Mystery goo really is ?

ouion

• 4 weeks later...

The goo is a doughy substance made of flour, egg, vanilla essence, sugar, baking powder, butter, white phosphorus, and a bit of plutonium (to make it glow), mixed into a batter and left to cool. A nugget of purest green may be added as seasoning. The mystery is quite why it appears to have become sentient.

The Mystery Goo is made of Mister E. Kerman - But someone mislabeled his burial urn "Mystery" - his life-long wish was to visit every celestial body in the Kerbol system. Sadly, he passed away long before his wish could be fulfilled and so Kerbals now bring his remains along to honor him, and there's even science to be had from doing it.

Kerbal turd in a test tube me thinks.

It would answer the difference between low and high orbit readings. There's less electro magnetic radiation higher around a planet.
There's a lot of testing being done on bacterial growth and behaviour through exposure by electro magnetic radiation at different levels.
I believe a turd is consistent of much of those pesky things. This makes turd a viable sample for biological testing based on differentiating electro magnetic exposure between high and lower orbits. It would also supply a onboard container for Kerbals turd to be collected since I can't find any hatches that releases it. This means it's stored onboard. 

• 4 years later...

When the goo is observed near the shore, it coalesces near the sea-facing side of the container, it likes water.

the goo feels at home on the mun and minmus, minmus used to have liquid oceans... 

the goo is an ancient creature that used to live in minmus' oceans, or maybe... it was the oceans...

40 minutes ago, Lukesmith0123 said:

When the goo is observed near the shore, it coalesces near the sea-facing side of the container, it likes water.

the goo feels at home on the mun and minmus, minmus used to have liquid oceans... 

the goo is an ancient creature that used to live in minmus' oceans, or maybe... it was the oceans...

It's a Kraken baby!

• 5 weeks later...

Kerbals in their raw goop form? Dead kerbals? kerbals perserved in a type of stasis? Maybe kerbals are slimes taking humanoid forms.

When kerbals go off the screen and stop being useful they go back into their slime pods until needed. That is why we can't see past the walls! Inside the walls are massive amount of those pods just like the matrix! That is what the mystery goo containers is.

Edited by Arugela

I've always imagined Mystery Goo is like the visceroids from C&C Tiberian Sun. A featureless blob of Kerbal biomass that just rolls around mindlessly. Its relationship to Kerbalkind might be like that shared between squigs and orks in Warhammer; possibly Goo is grown for food, some instances are kept as pets, and so on.

Nondiegetically, I've read a claim that the Goo is simply intended to be a friendly representation of the animals humans sent to space.

Edited by Rocket Witch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have 3 theories on this:

1.  The goo is from outer space, possibly from magic boulders or regular asteroids, evidenced from the scientific result, "The goo feels right at home here.", which is taken in space.
  2. The goo is a bi-product of the strange substance the R/D department uses for fuel, evidenced by the mysterious green substance found on the launch pad.
  3. The goo is of Joolean nature, evidenced from the scientific result, "The goo feels right at home here.", which is taken while descending into Jool's atmosphere.

Theories 1 and 2 are equally likely, but theory 3 is less likely.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.