Why cant I land?

I used to be able to land on everything, now whenever i try my craft goes flipping in every direction known to man, and why is it when i slow down when my retro marker is centered on the top it moves and i gain horizontal velocity when im going vertical??

As for the second part, if you are falling at 200m/s and you have a horizontal velocity of 5m/s then you will be descending at an angle of about 88.5 degrees (nearly vertical). If you slow down by burning straight down until you are descending at 5m/s, you will not have removed the horizontal velocity, so you will be travelling at 45 degrees. While you are falling quickly you can only do so much to remove your horizontal velocity. You have to wait until you are falling much slower to remove it completely.

If you are moving horizontally, then your craft is likely to roll when it lands, even if you are moving very slowly in the vertical direction, it also complicates things if you land on a slope.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.