List of places and biomes in KSP (planetary geology & geography) - UPDATING FOR v1.0.x.

lajoswinkler

• 4 weeks later...

It's looking like no new biomes were added.

I was hoping Duna would get a second look (and I thought we saw previews of this somewhere), but the biome names I'm getting straight from KSP are the same as in 0.90.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello.

Just came in to check by, and noticed the picture links in the OP (kerbin biome maps) are dead.

[edit]

Well, all of the links are dead, seems to be a wiki migration issue, might be temporary

[/edit]

This might not be a new biome but I just performed science in a lake on the Grasslands.

The Grassland/splashed experiments gave full value just as any other biome. The science reward slider is set to minimum. Finding science points was difficult and I had no idea that it was even possible.

Does this mean other biomes such as Shores, Desserts, Tundra, Poles and Badlands that have water/lake also contain science points?

a4NhARn.png?1

Also the Main VAB and Main SPH you have listed as roof but I can obtain those by going close to the main doors.

Edited by MoeslyArmlis

Minmus definitely does have multiple biomes. They may produce the same messages, but watch the headers/titles of the experiments: "Surface sample from Minmus Greater Flats", "Surface sample from Minmus Lowlands" etc.

• 2 months later...
This might not be a new biome but I just performed science in a lake on the Grasslands.

The Grassland/splashed experiments gave full value just as any other biome. The science reward slider is set to minimum. Finding science points was difficult and I had no idea that it was even possible.

Does this mean other biomes such as Shores, Desserts, Tundra, Poles and Badlands that have water/lake also contain science points?

Yes: "[experiment] while splashed down in [biome]" and "[experiment] while landed at [biome]" are two entirely different experiments, with full science points available for each. According to [X] Science (a great mod that provides a checklist of all possible experiments), it's possible to both "splash down" and "land" in allof Kerbin's major biomes---so there's at least one oasis somewhere in the Desert to "splash down" in, and a spit of land in the Water to "land" on. The Field Research Contract Pack includes a number of contracts that give you the positions of some of these harder-to-find locations, with the objective to go there and do experiments.

However, you don't get more science at those hard-to-find places---e.g. it's 5.2 points for observing Mystery Goo anywhere on Kerbin's surface, whether it's landing in Grasslands right next to KSC, or splashing down in a mysteriously-unfrozen lake in the Tundra. So it may not be worth the effort to hunt down both versions (except perhaps for easy ones like Shores).

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.