Not a "One-Touch" recovery for me.

I don't know if it is because I'm doing EVAs on Kerbal, but after I click the green recovery button at the top of the screen, I still have to perform a recovery through the Tracking Station.

And I had fun working out how to fly a polar exploration flight. Just don't know how close I got. But I did plant my flag.

Edited by Darkeldar

I have found the same thing. If you EVA upon landing and don't re-enter the command pod, you will need to recover the vehicle through the tracking station. Does anyone know if it is possible to save the discarded/decoupled parts? I don't see them as debris in the tracking station. Maybe it would make it too easy if they counted towards science. Not sure.

With some configurations, you won't (?) be able to climb back into the pod, until you research a ladder or more rungs. But it's worth knowing that's how it works, and the tracking station still shows a "flight" is still in progress so you can still recover your data.

It's quite logical in my mind that you won't be recovering everything from a mission when you click recover on a kerbal who's on EVA. All 'parts' of a flight are in essence separate flights, it was like that already in 0.21 with the tracking station recovery function.

You'd get into all sorts of complex situations with recovery if clicking on one thing recovered everything associated with that flight.

Working as intended is all I can think about it. Brilliant function at that.

When you click 'recover' you are recovering the active vessel. EVA Kerbals, ships, debris and even flags all count as vessels. So if you are controlling your Kerbal and click Recover you only recover the kerbal 'vessel'. The same thing happens if you use a seperate sample return system (pod seperates from science container and they both descend on their own parachutes, useful if you have a lot of samples and need to ensure they land softly). After you recover your main craft you'll need to go to the tracking station, select 'debris' (unless you gave them a probe core) and recover the packages.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.