[RELEASED] A.R.P mod ( Audio Replacement Project )

bullettMAGNETT

A.R.P.(Audio Replacement Project) v1.0 by bullettMAGNETT

Completely Synthesized Rocket Sounds - 30 Unique Sounds Made from scratch - Work in Progress

( Official Name btw, sounds cool eh :D )

9/12/15

Important Update!! :)

Great news today!

Finally ARP will be able to be released again for KSP 1.0.5 and all thanks to one amazing plugin my friend ensou04 called DynamicSFX Mod (currently in alpha), he is doing one amazing code work making this thing, show your support to him and don't forget to visit his thread :)

Ill be working on the adjusting my sounds to work with the new concept, and ill have to created new ones for other things he is implementing, so it wont be an immediatly released, and well i have to wait for him to authorize a release that contains his mod :P So in the time being, testing sounds, making sounds and tweaking sounds while the code is developed.

There are new engines in 1.0.5 and those will be added too. Currently im planning on either making a new Thread for the new ARP project So that is cleaner and organized only on the things that matter. More updates shall come soon.

Thanks ensou04 once again for the great work ^_^

/////////////////////////////////

08/12/2015

ARP Project for KSP v.1 is on hold.

Lack of time and experience to code a proper dll to make this thing work without replacing original files. :(

04/27/2015 News Help Needed

The Flu Strikes AGAIN! :( been with it 2 day after i posted the text below. now i'm feeling a lot better so hopefully i can get back to figuring this thing out. I will try to find a way of not replacing stock files. So i guess .dll or MM or any other way will be the only way to do it)Ok everyone, so far its been a struggle to get the sounds work with the mods that override the cfg, my coding skills on that respect are not great. With the new KSP 1.0 , i think it's time to give it a go once again, rework all the cfg and see how it goes with the new format. I am currently with someone else who got coding skills trying to make this thing work for all.

KSP sound implementation its a bit weird, and i don't know how it works in the new KSP v1.0 but this weekend ill be spending quite a bit of time trying to make it work to at least release a Vanilla Edition of ARP ( NO .dll or module manager) News sounds for new engines if they need and so forth. Thank you all for the support and Happy Gaming :)

IN NEED OF HELP!

TO MAKE A.R.P COMPATIBLE WITH HOT ROCKETS.

AS HOT ROCKETS FILES OVERRIDES MY MODULE MANAGER CONFIGURATION >:(

Just a quick update! 09/26/2014

Hello Guys!

First and foremost thanks for the support! I'm really glad you like the sounds i've been creating.

Second - Due to a lack of time(life is on the way for now), I'm currently unable to update it. It's not dead . I'm hoping 0.25 brings easier feature to implement the sounds the game without so much coding fuzz (since i lack the skills) .

Third- Just finished reading the latest posts on the thread. i took notes and will experiment on the weekend if i get some spare time.

Welcome to the Thread

Quick Update

Files Are now on CURSE website!

bulletmagent_ARP_BANNER-293x261.jpg

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/plugins/220251-a-r-p-audio-replacement-project-v1-0

UPDATE 5/13/2014 A.R.P. Has been released! ( Leave Feedback :) )

bulletmagent_ARP_BANNER-293x261.jpg

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/a-r-p-audio-replacement-project-by-bullettmagnett/

Current Features

NEW ENGINE SOUNDS FOR:

LV-1R Liquid Fuel Engine

Rockomax 24-77

Rockomax Mark 55 Radial Mount Liquid Engine

LV-1 Liquid Fuel Engine

Rockomax 48-7S

LV-T30 Liquid Fuel Engine

LV-T45 Liquid Fuel Engine

LV-909 Liquid Fuel Engine

R.A.P.I.E.R. Engine[Note 1]

Toroidal Aerospike Rocket

Rockomax "Poodle" Liquid Engine

Rockomax "Mainsail" Liquid Engine

Rockomax "Skipper" Liquid Engine

LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor

TurboJet Engine

Basic Jet Engine

RT-10 Solid Fuel Booster

Rockomax BACC Solid Fuel Booster

Sepratron I

PB-ION Electric Propulsion System

NEW ENGAGE/ DISENGAGE AND FLAMEOUT SOUNDS

NEW PART SOUNDS FOR

TT-38K Radial Decoupler

Hydraulic Detachment Manifold

TT-70 Radial Decoupler

Structural Pylon

Rockomax Brand Decoupler

TR-18A Stack Decoupler

TR-2V Stack DecouplerTR-XL Stack Separator

TR-18D Stack Separator

TR-2C Stack Separator

Current BUGS

Sound pitch distortion with engines, making some sounds feel weaker.

Jet Engine Smooth Startup ( WIP )

Future Plans

Even more unique sounds!

Enjoy fellow Kerbonauts, let me know what you think.

hey there, so far its just engines sounds, and some parts. Ion engines will have sound.

On the other hand, i will try figure out how to make a plugin to add sounds to other parts in game, since i already got a couple more sounds in the works.

All the delays have been due to several factors, reworking sounds, figuring out how to recreate sounds using synths and real life issues that have limited my time to work on the whole project.

I gave up the plugin development because i was going nowhere, since i've been digging into C# tutorials to try to figure out how to implement more stuff and make the mod smaller and more centralized.

I will develop more sounds and tweak existing ones to have then sound smooth like butter.

there might be minor glitches here and there with the sounds, if you find something you don't like feel free to post it on the forum and ill do my best to address it.

In total so far there are 30 new sounds working, i plan to expand on them and make more unique details to some others.

One detail i never managed to fix was the pitching of most sounds, since ksp does this inside the game, i can't for now change it until i develop a .dll

i do hope you guys enjoy the new sounds. i will be uploading soon.

CHEERS :D

UPDATE 5/2/2014 I'M NOT DEAD YET!

Good things come to those who wait they say :P ( i hope i'm right em.. or they), jokes aside january started pretty crazy over here, limiting my time to do the finishing touches D: but this mod is not staying indoors beyond february! all the sounds are done!! woohoo!

Just need to check they all work and sound well in-game together and check the the untested ones. after that release :)

until very soon my fellow kerbalnauts!

UPDATE 4/1/2014 Happy New Year! :cool:

Ok guys so it's 2014 and I'm back from my holiday family reunion! Wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

So now back with the mod, i had a chance to work a little on december and I'm happy to say that its almost done, i got a couple of sounds left and the jet engine sounds are almost finished :D . Sorry for the utter delays but things got messy and i work on my spare time, plus i want to bring a quality mod for all of us to enjoy while playing, after all most of the time we are hearing something in KSP.

Rocket engines are finally finished, the only thing wrong with them is the volume, a single rocket sounds fine but since kerbals use not one but dozens of rockets at the same time ill be adjusting the volume a little lower ( just a little ;) i don't want to kill your speakers or ears :P )

Thanks for the Support and sorry for the Delays! :)

UPDATE ON THE UPDATE LOL 15/12/2013

Ok guys its the 15th i'm finally free, so ill be working on the mod on whats left of it to be ready before christmas :D ! it was a busy end of the year but now i finally got time to work on the mod!

Now that KPS 0.23 is out the RAPIER engine wont have a moDded sound because i can't seem to be able to replace it yet.

( Managed to make it work thanks to Pizzaoverhead's tip! thanks mate!)

The old filepath doest not work and hopefully the other do work . As of right now i'm downloading the ksp 0.23 update to test it out!(tested)

As of right now i'm rewriting the part cfg on the sfx section . tested adding sounds ala RAPIER on other engines but didn't quite work as expected so ill do that after christmas to evade more delays. :D

I think ill be changing the name of the mod too lol XD

QUICK UPDATE 25/11/2013

-Im still working on the mod, but i've had several delays with RL and work more than what i really want :( so i actually havent been able to work on the mod as much as i've wanted.

-Version 1.0 wont have any plugin until properly tested options arise.

UPDATE 4/11/2013 (Been extremely busy, so that has been slowing my sound work a bit >:( )

-Almost all engine sounds are done with exception to the planes

-Couple of tweaks left to compensate for the ksp overpitch of the sounds (this is actually messing up the rocket sounds killing the bass >:( )

-Working on the Engage and Disengage sounds for rockets

-Sorry no teaser yet i want to have the whole 4 sounds that use the rockets complete before doing that! :(

UPDATES on bullettMAGNETT's Acoustic MOD (BMAD) ////////////////// or give ideas for the name ;D

Hello everyone! the mod is still going, i've been working on my spare time on the sounds and what's new?

-Rendered around 13 sounds. Big Engines, Medium Engines and SRB, nuclear and ion.

-Been test driving them to see how the sound ingame ( since ksp tunes detunes them ) and not to **** your ears or speakers. So far so good :D

Whats left?

-small engines

-mechanical sounds

-some other sounds

-fine tuning

-plugin.dll ( maybe on version 2.0)

-small teaser ?? ;) soon

State of the MOD : Phase 1 100%

DETAILS

-All rocket sounds are made from scratch

-EQ for better sound and not destroying your speakers, ears or headphones ;D

-Individual sounds for each engine.

-Semi- custom engines engages for several engines.

-Semi- custom engines flameout for several engines.

-Semi- custom engines disengage for several engines.

Phase 1 100%

Rocket Engines

Phase 2 100%

Plane Engine

Phase 3 100%

Other Sounds

Phase 4 100%

Testing and fine tuning

Phase 5

Released :D

Hello fellow Kerbonauts!:D

Well i've been aching to make a sound mod, I've got several sounds already developed, BUT i'm having trouble making the parts use them ( currently trying to replace the stock engine sounds). Usually what happen is when i change the CFG no sounds comes out of the parts :P.

Any light on how to do this? i've read the following page and followed the steps but it doesn't seem to work.

Since now there are SEVERAL "SOUND" FOLDERS in KSP maybe any devs might bring up some light on the correct folder to put modded sounds. :D

Btw i wanted to add sounds to parts like antennas & tires when active, so does the same " sound_mysound = active " would work on those parts?

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CFG_File_Documentation

PRELIMINARY SOUND TEST

Edited by bullettMAGNETT
Updates

Well, the thing is it still doesn't work...for some reason...

I made a Folder as if i going to make a new mod, copied the stock part to the folder and worked from there to see if it worked. Basically doing the same as firespitter, but no sound no replacement at all :S

this is an example of how the cfg looks on the SFX part on my mod folder:

// --- Sound FX definition ---

sound_b_vent_start.wav = engage

sound_b_rocket_on.wav = running

sound_b_vent_soft.wav = disengage

sound_b_flameout.wav = flameout

The sounds are in their Respective Sounds folder, on my mod Folder. So dont know whats happening there :/

Tried doing it this way still didnt work, very frustrated right now >_<

// --- Sound FX definition ---

sound_b_vent_start = engage

sound_b_rocket_on = running

sound_b_vent_soft = disengage

sound_b_flameout = flameout

any help?

Edited by bullettMAGNETT

I did search but maybe on the wrong sections :S , btw i didn't want to sound rude so i apologize, thank you for the links Faark! :D

Well thats 1 bird out of the equation! :P

"KSP\Gamedata\MyMod\Part\MyEngine\part\Sounds\sound_mysound.wav" worked thanks for that

Now, i need to figure out how to change the Explosion sounds and others that don't seem to want to be replaced :P . if any more lights can be given to ease up my figuring out this puzzle i would appreciated!

BTW on me asking if Anybody could answer, well i think it can be considered rude when somebody ask for help and nobody says anything too, but i did ask because i was working into implementing several sounds i just made and had like 2 hours figuring out how to do the thing, searched on google, forums and the wiki. i got desperate! :(

On the other matter at hand,

Is there some sort of list with what i could call " Sound Effect Groups" ( = engage / =flameout) ...etc?

Edited by bullettMAGNETT

Hay bullet, I tried making new engine sounds a week ago and spent a full day.. For nothing.

First I thought it's the problem with matching the right frequency, format or bitrate, which is usually the problem in other games. But here, it is not. The game actually loads the sound (if you go to the debug database, you can see it's loaded under "audio"), but the game simply refuses to "read" it, to play it. It neither works in GameData/modname/Sounds folder, neither in Legacy folder, refering to as xxx_sound.wav or xxx_sound doesn't work as well. Tried .ogg too.

I contacted Snjo, and he told me that he made a separate plugin because of the same problem he encountered in 0.20. Other modders on chat (majir, greys..) told me the thing is, added sounds don't work after the 0.20 gamedata structure, it's a known error and it seems devs don't fix it yet. =( but apparently it's not just the folder structure that's the problem but something else that refuses to read custom sounds. I left that sound project since then hoping devs will fix this.

My advice for you is: either wait for devs to fix this problem or try writing a plugin like the Firespitter engine sound, but don't waste time trying to get it work in stock game like I did.

EDIT: WAIT WAIT WAIT!! IT WORKS!!

I just looked on that link posted by Faark and yes, it needs to be a special location under

"KSP\Gamedata\MyMod\Part\MyEngine\part\Sounds\sound _mysound.wav"

but it also needs to be in .cfg like:

sound_xxx = running

without any address like "part/sounds/.... and without ".wav" or ".ogg", cause if you put the extension it won't work.

THANK YOU GUYS!!

Edited by nothke

Hay bullet, I tried making new engine sounds a week ago and spent a full day.. For nothing.

First I thought it's the problem with matching the right frequency, format or bitrate, which is usually the problem in other games. But here, it is not. The game actually loads the sound (if you go to the debug database, you can see it's loaded under "audio"), but the game simply refuses to "read" it, to play it. It neither works in GameData/modname/Sounds folder, neither in Legacy folder, refering to as xxx_sound.wav or xxx_sound doesn't work as well. Tried .ogg too.

I contacted Snjo, and he told me that he made a separate plugin because of the same problem he encountered in 0.20. Other modders on chat (majir, greys..) told me the thing is, added sounds don't work after the 0.20 gamedata structure, it's a known error and it seems devs don't fix it yet. =( but apparently it's not just the folder structure that's the problem but something else that refuses to read custom sounds. I left that sound project since then hoping devs will fix this.

My advice for you is: either wait for devs to fix this problem or try writing a plugin like the Firespitter engine sound, but don't waste time trying to get it work in stock game like I did.

EDIT: WAIT WAIT WAIT!! IT WORKS!!

I just looked on that link posted by Faark and yes, it needs to be a special location under

"KSP\Gamedata\MyMod\Part\MyEngine\part\Sounds\sound _mysound.wav"

but it also needs to be in .cfg like:

sound_xxx = running

without any address like "part/sounds/.... and without ".wav" or ".ogg", cause if you put the extension it won't work.

THANK YOU GUYS!!

Can we see a video of it? :)

hey nothke! yeah when faark posted the links i made it work with the engines, it's just tedious because you got to make a folder for every part with the sound and change the CFG to your sounds. But at least thats one thing, but i've been trying to change other sounds or ADD sounds to other items that don't have sound lol, i made the sound work with the parts but they just autoplay from the start, because i don't have the any sort of info on the sound groups ( ie. = engage ) .

Writing a plugin well i'm no coder so its going to be a learning experience lol but probably easier in the end lol (or not) :(

Well at least we got new engines working hehe :D my sounds are .wav and they work too. its just that the structure is pretty strict now :(

Check this out :D

New Rocket Sound ( More rumble and that sparky sound that you hear from the NASA launches) (moving bass + 2 oscillators generating white noise and pink noise with diff settings and 3 layers of filters to spice things up :D)

New Flameout Sound ( composite of white noise and a couple mechanical samples)

New Engage Sound ( Almost the same as Flameout but diff timings and sounds)

(UPDATE: VIDEO NOW WORKING :D )

Youtube seems to be having trouble updating the video, if its says unavailable , wait a bit just uploaded it but its taking longer than expected :(

Edited by bullettMAGNETT

beautiful nothke!

im trying to recreate that rambling and crackling with my synths, the video showed a bit of that but youtube is being a jerk lol

Im working on 7 sound sets for rockets

BIG / MED / SMALL / tiny / Nuclear / ION / Solid Boosters /

The video shows the LVT30 So rambling/crackling should not be that MASSIVE but the deep bass sound is there :D

Plus the Engage/ disengage / Flameout and decoupler sounds.

After that when i figure how to add some sounds to other parts i got a couple of sounds ready to be applied too :D

I finished this one loooong time ago, but couldn't get it to work, now that I did, I published it! Thanks guys!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53982-0-22-New-SRB-sounds

Hey do you by any chance got a list of the actions for the sounds (ie. = engage =flameout ... etc)

video should be working now :D :D :D :D

Edited by bullettMAGNETT

hey BFGfreak!

I'm making them from scratch, the main engine sound is synthesized, as well as the other engine sounds im working on, the future decoupler, and other sounds are composites of recordings of things and synth sounds.

I'll be releasing the sounds as a mod when i finish all the sounds :D

BTW If anyone can help me get to add sounds(plugin ;)) to other parts that don't have sounds would be amazing! :D:D:D:D:D:D

hey BFGfreak!

I'm making them from scratch, the main engine sound is synthesized, as well as the other engine sounds im working on, the future decoupler, and other sounds are composites of recordings of things and synth sounds.

I'll be releasing the sounds as a mod when i finish all the sounds :D

I prefer your method of creating them from scratch. I don't like a lot of the sampled stuff because I always hear repeated patterns in the loops and it detracts from the realism. I am legitimately excited to see what kinds of different sounds you produce.

Are you using something like FL Studio?

do you think you will try and incorporate nothke's srb sound? because that was just pure heaven. That srb noise and your custom rocket noises are a perfect match :)

i tought about using notkeh sample, but i already created my own, sounds powerful, pretty much like the nasa sound. I might do a composite to compensate if the synthed don't cut it :P

More progress? :D

breakthrough on the Solid Booster sounds :D, finally sounding more like the real thing, and combined with the other rocket sounds are sounding interesting.

i noticed that KSP detunes the Sounds from 0% trust to 100% , want to check how that affects to some sounds, booster tough got 100% power so i think they don't get detuned. im working on ion engines, but i havent found single referece from them nor from nuclear lol, the only nuclear test engine video had no sound :S

Well I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure that this along with Nova's sound muffling mod will really enhance the audio of this game.

Im looking into making a plugin, but im no coder so if anyone interested in helping make a simple plugin add more sounds it would be amazing, if not then ill have to make my own somehow lol

because im making sounds for other parts

Comunications, science, wheels etc

There was a mod a while ago that added an electric hum to the ion engine, maybe you can use that for inspiration.

Anyway here's a video of it to maybe inspire you or something.

EDIT: It looks like the original author has updated the mod, anyway here's the thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54442-Sounds-for-your-ion-drives!

Edited by BFGfreak

There was a mod a while ago that added an electric hum to the ion engine, maybe you can use that for inspiration.

Anyway here's a video of it to maybe inspire you or something.

EDIT: It looks like the original author has updated the mod, anyway here's the thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54442-Sounds-for-your-ion-drives!

hey i had that mod :P back when i got ksp , but from seeing videos on how the actual ion engine works i doubt they just made a hum noise :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.