[RELEASED] A.R.P mod ( Audio Replacement Project )

bullettMAGNETT

Hey blackheart612

yeah i think there is a problem with the bigger engines, they are somehow loosing the bass when the game overpitches the sound because they have more higher frequencies in the spectrum. ill test adding a bit more lower frequencies to compensate if necesary in the next release.

Keep the feedback, and let me know what engine sounds feel weird to do the proper fixing :D

Hot rocket mod is looking very sexy mate! i love those trails :D

cheers and thanks for the feedback ill be checking soon :D

Hmm, I'll try to throw up a cfg if I can or if I have time but don't hold your breath on this.

Also, I love most of the sounds but the others are quite weak... I find it disturbing that the smaller engines sound louder ._.

You have two choices:

Soundtrack editor or HotRockets.

It's where you can hook up sounds. Even you can do it :D

I'm having a massive problem. When I'm in the "real" world (anywhere outside of VAB, main screen, etc.) there's a loud wind-like noise. I need to remove this mod until I figure out what's wrong but I don't know how.

edit: scratch that, apparently that's something Chatterer added.

Does Audio Muffler muffle these sounds?

Edited by Pingonaut

• 1 month later...

Keeping an eye on this mod, seems interesting. If you haven't had a chance to use ModuleManager for the changes, maybe I'll give that a go too.

I'm having a massive problem. When I'm in the "real" world (anywhere outside of VAB, main screen, etc.) there's a loud wind-like noise. I need to remove this mod until I figure out what's wrong but I don't know how.

edit: scratch that, apparently that's something Chatterer added.

Does Audio Muffler muffle these sounds?

Chatterer has a volume control for the extra ambient sound effects.

I went ahead and made a ModuleManager cfg that replaces all the manual cfg edits. You need to place it next to the Squad folder (so that together they are in GameData). And you of course need to add the ModuleManager DLL. I haven't extensively tested though, but it should be good. Any mistakes can be easily fixed since the ARP.cfg makes pretty clear how the ModuleManager system works.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23500849/ARP.cfg

hello everyone sorry for my absence, its been quite a bad starting months :/ anyways, ill continue working on the mod, i got to fix some sounds, since ive been test driving it with my own gameplay i've noticed things that well are not working as i expected. Some weird multiple Echoed sounds with the clamps and multiple boosters. not sure why it happens.

@CaptRobau : heey! that seems like its going to be useful, thanks for taking the time ill check it out right away. Seem, ill be updating the files soon to use the module manager, your cfg is amazing! thanks :D, ill test drive it and upload and update ASAP :D

• 3 weeks later...

can anyone give me a hand with getting this working alongside Hot Rockets? Because of the name change to the audio files Hot Rockets has no sound for the Squad JetEngine part. I'm trying to fix this with MM so the two can keep playing nice regardless of updates, but even when I went into the Hot Rocket .cfg and changed the audio name to match the jet sound from ARP it still didn't work

squad_hotrockets.cfg

This is what I've tried to do so far to no avail:

@PART[JetEngine]:Final 
{
!sound_jet_engage_bullettarp_v0100
!sound_jet_low_bullettarp_v0100
!sound_jet_hard_bullettarp_v0100
!sound_jet_disengage_bullettarp_v0100
!sound_jet_flameout_bullettarp_v0100

@clip,0 = sound_jet_low_bullettarp_v0100
@clip,1 = sound_jet_engage_bullettarp_v0100
@clip,2 = sound_jet_disengage_bullettarp_v0100
@clip,3 = sound_jet_flameout_bullettarp_v0100
}

oohhhh, I misunderstood you for saying I should make sure the sound files themselves are properly placed in /GameData.

But still didn't work :/ I even removed my MM code, went and renamed the audio files to match what's in the HotRockets cfg and it still didn't work.

Hi there

I like the new sounds. It sounds amazing.

My feedback:

Engine shutdown sound seems rather long i think like 1/3 of that length would be enough. Or maybe more agresive fade out.

And some engines are way louder than others.

Example : rockomax 24-77 is lot louder then Skipper or it just that i used four of them at once. But anyway it seems like a huge roar for such small engines.

Other than that Thank you for your mod man. ;-)

Edited by DirkLarien

This sounds great from the vid, only thing I'd say is, most engines start with an initial explosive bang. If you could have this at min throttle/ignition and the hissing gas escape (before ignition) you already have, it'd literally be perfect :D

Also one other note, would this be compatible with atmospheric sound enhancements? I know the ftmn nuclear engines mod isn't (i.e. they're still audible in the vacuum of space)

Hello everyone, ive been a bit absent from the thread. Thanks for the feedback, i'm going to add a dll on the next version so that it wont conflict with other mods modifying the .cfg files. Since im no coder i did it like it is right now, a friend is helping me with some code to improve the mod and make it less dependant on the ksp folder.

As for BLACKHEART, the folder with the sounds must be inside the part folder.

For example"GameData\Squad\Parts\Engine\liquidEngine1\part\Sounds"

the files are .ogg, the work allright, unity can read .ogg and .wav files for looping.

Inside the part .cfg for example

you need to replace only the Sound FX Definitions like in here

/ --- Sound FX definition ---

///// --- BULLETTMAGNETT A.R.P. MOD --- ////

sound_eng_bullettarp_v0100 = engage

sound_lvt-30_bullettarp_v0100 = running

sound_dis_bullettarp_v0100 = disengage

sound_flo_bullettarp_v0100 = flameout

///// --- BULLETTMAGNETT A.R.P. END --- ////

that example uses the lvt-30 engine sound.

Concerning the Startup sounds, ill be updating the sounds according to the feedback you guys have given me :)

i hope it helps and i'll be checking the forums often now :)

cheers!

hey DirkLarien, first thank you for the feedback, its most welcomed. and im glad you are enjoying the mod! Spread the word :D

The problem i noticed with the sounds right now as of version 1 is that KSP pitch messes up how the engines are supposed to work, so thats one of the reasons some rockets do sound louder than others. especially the ones that have higher frequencies. ill be correcting that in the next version. Ive been trying to adapt the sounds to the new ksp system, had some working fine but i messed something up and couple of days work to the bin lol. With the new KSP sound system control its much better, i just need to figure out how not to mess it up again -_-

Raptor831 made a small dll that its making it possible :) so bunch of creds to him too :D :D

Hi there

I like the new sounds. It sounds amazing.

My feedback:

Engine shutdown sound seems rather long i think like 1/3 of that length would be enough. Or maybe more agresive fade out.

And some engines are way louder than others.

Example : rockomax 24-77 is lot louder then Skipper or it just that i used four of them at once. But anyway it seems like a huge roar for such small engines.

Other than that Thank you for your mod man. ;-)

i believe it should work with the atmospheric sound enhancements mod, but i havent tried it personally.

This sounds great from the vid, only thing I'd say is, most engines start with an initial explosive bang. If you could have this at min throttle/ignition and the hissing gas escape (before ignition) you already have, it'd literally be perfect :D

Also one other note, would this be compatible with atmospheric sound enhancements? I know the ftmn nuclear engines mod isn't (i.e. they're still audible in the vacuum of space)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.