[RELEASED] A.R.P mod ( Audio Replacement Project )

bullettMAGNETT

i dont know why but after installing this i get no engine effects does it require hotrockets?

scratch that i some how had the hotrockets cfg file in gamedata folder

Edited by BrutalRIP
im stupid

For the moment i doubt it will be compatible with hot rockets, given that hotrockets rewrites the original part.cfg from engines, same as my mod. Im working on making it not dependant on that so that any other mod like hot rockets works with mine, after all nice looking flames will go in hand with great sounding engines ;)

i dont know why but after installing this i get no engine effects does it require hotrockets?

scratch that i some how had the hotrockets cfg file in gamedata folder

I did manage to get it to produce some sound while ARP is installed. I've only use the basic jet engine but the thrust audio is definitely there and modulates with throttle input. It doesn't sound as meaty as the regular ARP version but it'll do if you want the sweet afterburner

@PART[JetEngine]:Final
{
!sound_jet_engage_bullettarp_v0100
!sound_jet_low_bullettarp_v0100
!sound_jet_hard_bullettarp_v0100
!sound_jet_disengage_bullettarp_v0100
!sound_jet_flameout_bullettarp_v0100

@clip,0 = Squad\Parts\Engine\JetEngine\part\Sounds\sound_jet_low_bullettarp_v0100
@clip,1 = Squad\Parts\Engine\JetEngine\part\Sounds\sound_jet_engage_bullettarp_v0100
@clip,2 = Squad\Parts\Engine\JetEngine\part\Sounds\sound_jet_disengage_bullettarp_v0100
@clip,3 = Squad\Parts\Engine\JetEngine\part\Sounds\sound_jet_flameout_bullettarp_v0100
}

Hey Gaiiden , is that using module manager? btw part of not sounding meaty is because the jet uses 2 sounds while runing, sound_jet_low_bullettarp_v0100 / / sound_jet_hard_bullettarp_v0100

I did manage to get it to produce some sound while ARP is installed. I've only use the basic jet engine but the thrust audio is definitely there and modulates with throttle input. It doesn't sound as meaty as the regular ARP version but it'll do if you want the sweet afterburner

@PART[JetEngine]:Final
{

@clip,0 = Squad\Parts\Engine\JetEngine\part\Sounds\sound_jet_low_bullettarp_v0100
@clip,1 = Squad\Parts\Engine\JetEngine\part\Sounds\sound_jet_engage_bullettarp_v0100
@clip,2 = Squad\Parts\Engine\JetEngine\part\Sounds\sound_jet_disengage_bullettarp_v0100
@clip,3 = Squad\Parts\Engine\JetEngine\part\Sounds\sound_jet_flameout_bullettarp_v0100
}

• 3 months later...

Found a way around HotRocket.

Using a config.cfg inside ARP_MOD_bullettMAGNETT_V01 dir.

@PART[liquidEngine]:NEEDS[HotRockets]:Final

{

@EFFECTS

{

@powerflame

{

@AUDIO

{

//Just the test setup dir I used to find a way around HotRocket

clip = ARP_MOD_bullettMAGNETT_V01/Sounds/sound_lvt-30_bullettarp_v0100 // With your normal ARP setup "clip = ARP_MOD_bullettMAGNETT_V01/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngine1/part/Sounds/sound_lvt-30_bullettarp_v0100"

}

}

@engage

{

@AUDIO

{

clip = ARP_MOD_bullettMAGNETT_V01/Sounds/sound_eng_bullettarp_v0100 // With your normal ARP setup "clip = ARP_MOD_bullettMAGNETT_V01/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngine1/part/Sounds/sound_eng_bullettarp_v0100"

}

}

@disengage

{

@AUDIO

{

clip = ARP_MOD_bullettMAGNETT_V01/Sounds/sound_dis_bullettarp_v0100 // With your normal ARP setup "clip = ARP_MOD_bullettMAGNETT_V01/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngine1/part/Sounds/sound_dis_bullettarp_v0100"

}

}

@flameout

{

@AUDIO

{

clip = ARP_MOD_bullettMAGNETT_V01/Sounds/sound_flo_bullettarp_v0100 // With your normal ARP setup "clip = ARP_MOD_bullettMAGNETT_V01/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngine1/part/Sounds/sound_flo_bullettarp_v0100"

}

}

}

}

Edited by Lumaan

HotRockets doesn't declare a pass in its ModuleManager configs, which means its patches run either during FOR[AssemblyCsharp] (very first) or FOR[HotRockets] (alphabetically sorted after AssemblyCsharp). The old ":Final" pass is deprecated; it wasn't flexible enough and is now officially discouraged.

If you need your ModuleManager patches to run after HotRockets, the "more correct" way to do it would be something like this:

@PART[JetEngine]:AFTER[MP_Nazari]
{

}

Thanks to Gaiiden, whose MM patch I have flagrantly ripped off.

ModuleManager defines mods based on: a) the presence of a plugin .dll with a given Assembly.Name, B) a mod name as declared in a :FOR[] block, or c) a mod name as discovered by the name of a directory child of GameData. You are free to use any of those for your pass declarations (":FOR", ":BEFORE", ":AFTER") and for dependencies (":NEEDS"). Since HotRockets doesn't have a .dll, and since it doesn't define a mod name in a :FOR[] block, you're stuck using © and running :AFTER[MP_Nazari].

HotRockets doesn't declare a pass in its ModuleManager configs, which means its patches run either during FOR[AssemblyCsharp] (very first) or FOR[HotRockets] (alphabetically sorted after AssemblyCsharp). The old ":Final" pass is deprecated; it wasn't flexible enough and is now officially discouraged.

If you need your ModuleManager patches to run after HotRockets, the "more correct" way to do it would be something like this:

@PART[JetEngine]:AFTER[MP_Nazari]
{

}

Thanks to Gaiiden, whose MM patch I have flagrantly ripped off.

ModuleManager defines mods based on: a) the presence of a plugin .dll with a given Assembly.Name, B) a mod name as declared in a :FOR[] block, or c) a mod name as discovered by the name of a directory child of GameData. You are free to use any of those for your pass declarations (":FOR", ":BEFORE", ":AFTER") and for dependencies (":NEEDS"). Since HotRockets doesn't have a .dll, and since it doesn't define a mod name in a :FOR[] block, you're stuck using © and running :AFTER[MP_Nazari].

ill give that a try some time toadicous hopely it works as i like the these engine sounds

Think I have it.

Tried a few rocket, and I get ARP sound with HotRocket.

Download http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53800-RELEASED-A-R-P-mod-%28-Audio-Replacement-Project-%29?p=1399652&viewfull=1#post1399652

And I have changed a few things, so best to do a clean install of ARP *Drop the 2 map's from the zip file, and let it override some part.cfg's* *My cfg file will only do its work if HotRocket is installed, the rest is still working normal without HotRocket*

Let me know if any thing's not working.

And all credit still goes to bullettMAGNETT.

Edited by Lumaan

Think I have it.

Tried a few rocket, and I get ARP sound with HotRocket.

Download from my dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ap5hm21905m55v/arp.zip?dl=0

And I have changed a few things, so best to do a clean install of ARP *Drop the 2 map's from the zip file, and let it override some part.cfg's* *My cfg file will only do its work if HotRocket is installed, the rest is still working normal without HotRocket*

Let me know if any thing's not working.

And all credit still goes to bullettMAGNETT.

the .cfg for squad u used lumaan are off. the ones u used are old and missing the test modules and also the weight is differnt. did u check to even see if its needed those .cfg or just use the sounds and the .cfg u made?

The part.cfg's are the one's from the mod, only thing I did was change the sound name's inside, didn't check the rest. But I'll make a updated version of the cfg's. Got the game last week, so really don't know what the different version of ksp have changed.

EDIT: Here is the updated version for 0.24.2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/7at3bbcr01u2yrp/AudioReplacementProject_0.24.2_ready.zip?dl=0 *All Part.cfg's have been updated to 0.24.2)

Edited by Lumaan

if u look at the .cfg on some weight and costs changed. also for contracts some had a a test module aded for the contracts. when u modify a mod always make sure its updated if not have to compare every .cfg. ill check it out when im back on my home computer

The part.cfg's are the one's from the mod, only thing I did was change the sound name's inside, didn't check the rest. But I'll make a updated version of the cfg's. Got the game last week, so really don't know what the different version of ksp have changed.

EDIT: Here is the updated version for 0.24.2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/7at3bbcr01u2yrp/AudioReplacementProject_0.24.2_ready.zip?dl=0 *All Part.cfg's have been updated to 0.24.2)

Hi! Thanks you for the update!

The LVT-30 engine doesn't have sound in game. In seeking the update folder, I noticed that the sound names doesn't match with his cfg.

part.cfg code:

sound_eng = engage
sound_lvt30 = running
sound_dis = disengage
sound_flo = flameout

Name sounds in the Sounds folder:

sound_dis_bullettarp_v0100.ogg
sound_eng_bullettarp_v0100.ogg
sound_flo_bullettarp_v0100.ogg
sound_lvt-30_bullettarp_v0100.ogg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys! im not dead! the mod is not dead! and i'm not given up :D sorry for my "disappearing" i posted a small update on the main page. Im very sorry for the ghost town here. I had trouble with hotrockets messing up my configs and i couldn't figure it out. I continued working on new sounds, but life threw me a curb ball so i had to pause working on the mod since my last update. I'll try to get back into it ASAP and implement if possible the new info you guys have brought!

Hey nli2work, the mod is a Sound Replacement, started before HotRockets, but the aim of A.R.P is only on Sounds for Engines and other Parts. Originally is with no plugin (since i've got like 0 knowledge on coding) It works for now replacing the original .cfg file for the engines. Haven't figured out how to actually use them with MM without having no bugs (ie: missing exhaust flames, no sound ) and HotRockets mess with A.R.P files. The guys above have posted some possible fixes so ill be exploring them to see if i can finally get it to work with MM and not conflict with hotrockets.

@bullettMAGNETT If you use the the way my cfg looks like, you don't need to replace any Squad cfg's and you can make your own dir under "GameData" and place the sound files there and just point the cfg to them, so "Squad/Parts/Engine/engineLargeSkipper/part/Sounds/" become "ARP/Sounds/engineLargeSkipper/" *Or something like that*

Looks now:

@PART[engineLargeSkipper]:FOR[HotRockets]:NEEDS[HotRockets]

{

@powerflame

{

@AUDIO

{

@clip = Squad/Parts/Engine/engineLargeSkipper/part/Sounds/sound_skipper

@pitch = 1.0 2.0

}

}

@engage

{

@AUDIO

{

@clip = Squad/Parts/Engine/engineLargeSkipper/part/Sounds/sound_eng

}

}

@disengage

{

@AUDIO

{

@clip = Squad/Parts/Engine/engineLargeSkipper/part/Sounds/sound_dis

}

}

@flameout

{

@AUDIO

{

@clip = Squad/Parts/Engine/engineLargeSkipper/part/Sounds/sound_flo

}

}

}

change too:

@PART[engineLargeSkipper]:FOR[HotRockets]:NEEDS[HotRockets]

{

@powerflame

{

@AUDIO

{

@clip = ARP/Sounds/engineLargeSkipper/sound_skipper

@pitch = 1.0 2.0

}

}

@engage

{

@AUDIO

{

@clip = ARP/Sounds/engineLargeSkipper/sound_eng

}

}

@disengage

{

@AUDIO

{

@clip = ARP/Sounds/engineLargeSkipper/sound_dis

}

}

@flameout

{

@AUDIO

{

@clip = ARP/Sounds/engineLargeSkipper/sound_flo

}

}

}

And another thing I found out is sound files with "-" in its name gives a error in the log and not loaded.

Edited by Lumaan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.