[RELEASED] A.R.P mod ( Audio Replacement Project )

bullettMAGNETT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
You just need a MM patch for the sounds ?

EDIT- See you haven't updated to .90

hey there MeCripp, yeah i was trying to make a mm file to replace the standard sounds, but i never managed to get it working. :(, no i haven't tried 0.90 i think i should update the game too, its been a while since i played ksp because of me failing with the sounds lol

ill implement the sounds when or if its possible. but so far i'm at a roadblock :S

If you want, I'll play around with MM to try and get the sounds to work and in .90 the stock changed around the folders structure alittle.

hey there MeCripp, if you've got time and knowledge for it , who am i to stop you :) ?

It would be nice to be finally able to implement the sounds without causing bugs to other parts of the engines :P

:)

Have you resolved the incompatibility issue with HotRockets? If not I may be able to advise, or help write a second config that should work with HotRockets, and then you would just have to make your main config disable itself when HR is detected.

Not much has really changed, me and a couple others have been updating the configs, but for the most part the only changes have been to the ordering of the effects curves and the curves themselves. None of us have changed how the audio modules are set up.

Here are all the most recent configs anyways.

The only notable exceptions would be if you are planning on providing support for Vens Stock Part Revamp and Realism Overhaul. RO comes with a HR derivative called RealPlumes and the part revamp has a custom HR patch that is based off of Real Plumes, I haven't really looked closely at either of them so I have no idea how they are handling the audio modules.

Edited by Akira_R
Wrong link, oops

Thanks Man hope you are getting it all worked out that's why, I stop using HotRockets you could make a stock rocket and launch it and see how far it made it and then put in HotRockets and they wouldn't make it as far but the new FX look great

And @bullettMAGNETT lol sorry man, I forgot to do the Utility sounds :(

• 2 months later...

I'm currently editing the hot rockets config files to use the sounds from your mod, though it makes hot rockets a dependency. I've got no experience in modding ksp but somehow figured out and managed to get the sounds to work, though not all yet. It's just changing sound directory locations in some lines of code though.

Edit: Got all the HotRockets affected rockets to use the sounds from this mod. :D

I upload the files if anyone needs it.

Edited by Auranapse

• 2 weeks later...

Very colourful OP, very nice sounds. But how to use it? I don't see a version compatible with 1.0 anywhere. The information and files aren't there. I also am not keen on any "low-tech" mods that replace stock files. Hooking and differential loading was invented for a reason.

Very colourful OP, very nice sounds. But how to use it? I don't see a version compatible with 1.0 anywhere. The information and files aren't there. I also am not keen on any "low-tech" mods that replace stock files. Hooking and differential loading was invented for a reason.

Howdy BmB, currently i have not been able to finish updating due because i have a horrible flu. I ended up deciding not to do it the old "low-tech" way. A friend of mine is more code savy than me and he is helping with the workings on if. In the meantime i guess you have to be patient or use the low tech version when i finish it. :(

if you can suggest me to some alternatives to hooking files and differential loading it would be amazing. Like i mentioned a friend is working on something for his mod that might help my mod on the way. But i believe hes been busy with other stuff too, so in that regard i depend on him for more advanced stuff.

I'm on my own way planing to figure out how to do some low enough tech lol without replacing stock files.

Howdy BmB, currently i have not been able to finish updating due because i have a horrible flu. I ended up deciding not to do it the old "low-tech" way. A friend of mine is more code savy than me and he is helping with the workings on if. In the meantime i guess you have to be patient or use the low tech version when i finish it. :(

if you can suggest me to some alternatives to hooking files and differential loading it would be amazing. Like i mentioned a friend is working on something for his mod that might help my mod on the way. But i believe hes been busy with other stuff too, so in that regard i depend on him for more advanced stuff.

I'm on my own way planing to figure out how to do some low enough tech lol without replacing stock files.

First time seeing this mod, it sounds amazing - but confirmed not working for v1.0

Best of Luck! :)

Do let us know of any developments!

First time seeing this mod, it sounds amazing - but confirmed not working for v1.0

Best of Luck! :)

Do let us know of any developments!

Haven't had much time to keep messing around with the config but so far making the sounds work without replacing the originals is not working well :S If anyone have any ideas how to implement them with a .dll or mm let me know ^_^

MM really isn't all that complicated, just tedious. That and you have to deal with the possibility of the part already being modified by other mods for other effect-based nodes. That will drive you completely batty for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.