[RELEASED] A.R.P mod ( Audio Replacement Project )

bullettMAGNETT

i believe the sound might have to be between a humm and something else :P and thanks for reminding me! ill keep it in mind!

I got so burn out yesterday, i started trying to figure out how to use ModuleManager to maybe just maybe help me speed up the sound for other items lol but no luck, the sound was removed but not replaced by my sound, the i got another plugin (RCSsounds mod) tried understanding the source maybe it was easy lol no way with no Coding experience its pretty much impossible! im doing some c# research to see if i can dig in again with better success! :(

I agree blaylock & BFGfreak, its going to be a massive plugin with all the parts copied to my mod folder lol :( guess its the only way for now.

Bit of news, the sound part its going very good. still got bunch of work left, basically most engines will have a slightly different sound depending on the category or size. ie. NUCLEAR / LIQUID / SOLID / ION / RCS(?)

And redoing the other sounds too ie. DECOUPLER/CLAMPS etc.

Theres a RCS Sound mod too.. It even works with some mods, (SOME.)

thats one of the mods i was trying to adapt to my sounds, using the source file to maybe use it for all of them without replacing all of the default game data parts, but haven't had no success yet.

that would be ideal because : well ill just need 1 folder with sounds and one CFG with the right directions to replace all the parts sounds without even touching the original folders. ( so if anyone knows how to, help me out! :D )

Have you seen this thread? There's a very specific setup required for the CFG file sounds.

yes, thats not the problem, i can get the sounds working all right with the stock parts, and actually that thread helped me out to get started back when i posted. but thanks

Im more looking for a way to write a plugin to redirect the sounds to the stock parts.

The RCS sounds mod does it an unusual way because RCS blocks are unusual (4 engines together). The normal way to do it would be to subclass PartModule instead of ModuleRcs. That way, you can attach it to a part with a simple cfg edit, and have full access to the vessel's parameters too.

Your C# class would start like this (with two parameters thrown in as an example):

public class MyClassName : PartModule
{
[KSPField]
public string myCfgString = "default value";
[KSPField]
public float myCfgFloat = 1.5f;

To get your OnStart and OnUpdate methods or anything else you can change, type "public override" and the autocomplete will show you everything that's available.

You add it to the part.cfg of the part you want to modify (before the final '}' in the file) like this:

MODULE {
name = MyClassName
myCfgString = user changed value
myCfgFloat = 2.4
}

Note that there are no quotation marks or F for floats in the part.cfg.

The RCS sounds mod does it an unusual way because RCS blocks are unusual (4 engines together). The normal way to do it would be to subclass PartModule instead of ModuleRcs. That way, you can attach it to a part with a simple cfg edit, and have full access to the vessel's parameters too.

Your C# class would start like this (with two parameters thrown in as an example):

public class MyClassName : PartModule
{
[KSPField]
public string myCfgString = "default value";
[KSPField]
public float myCfgFloat = 1.5f;

To get your OnStart and OnUpdate methods or anything else you can change, type "public override" and the autocomplete will show you everything that's available.

You add it to the part.cfg of the part you want to modify (before the final '}' in the file) like this:

MODULE {
name = MyClassName
myCfgString = user changed value
myCfgFloat = 2.4
}

Note that there are no quotation marks or F for floats in the part.cfg.

All that code is inside the source in c# right? ill give it a shot later today :D thanks for the tip ! ill let you know if i get to do it lol ( succesfully) im basically trying to do a plugin blindfolded lol i got very below basic understanding about coding :P but i like the challange w00t!

BTW the project is going good, no sounds yet havent rendered any more, all are inside the DAW, i reorganized the placemente there so its taking bit more time, but it will make my life easier to finish building the sounds at the end.

Rocket sounds are 70% done ,

started with Jet Sounds and they are sounding quite good!

really looking forward to these! will you be implementing the srb sounds from the other thread or are you going to make your own? :)

hey jokamo, thanks for the support!! :D

Im making all my sounds from scratch! it will make them sound more seamless and less loopy, btw the Solid Rocket Booster sounds are proving to be a interesting challenge to replicate hehe

Stay tuned!:)

Keep in mind that IRL, solid rocket boosters usually make the most earth-shattering noise, like the old Titan IV rockets. The Delta IV and Atlas V rockets today (LOX and LH2 as KSP is modeled after) are like whispers compared to the Titans and STS launches. In short: make SRBs louder ;)

Keep in mind that IRL, solid rocket boosters usually make the most earth-shattering noise, like the old Titan IV rockets. The Delta IV and Atlas V rockets today (LOX and LH2 as KSP is modeled after) are like whispers compared to the Titans and STS launches. In short: make SRBs louder ;)

Yeah! ^_^ i'm trying to make the SRB sound very powerful but im keeping in mind that all the sounds should work well together too, or else it'll go above 0db and sound all distorted :( . i know the ksp has a normalizer but not always works :(

on on the other hand im watching the video :) that popping sound the engines make its proving to be a challenge to replicate, as far i've read seems to be the sound made by the energy of the exhaust breaking the sound barrier. but ill nail it soon enough hehe :D

On other news about the mod when version 1.0 is released ill use the feedback to update and fine tune the sounds :D

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.