[RELEASED] A.R.P mod ( Audio Replacement Project )

bullettMAGNETT

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys its the 15th im finally free, so ill be working on the mod on whats left of it to be ready before christmas :D ! it was a busy end of the year but now i finally got time to work on the mod!

Now that KPS 0.23 is out the RAPIER engine wont have a moded sound because i cant seem to be able to replace it yet.

The old filepath doest not work and hopefully the other do work . As of right now im downloading the ksp 0.23 update to test it out!

Is that on YouTube, too? My adblocker doesn't seem to be able to handle Twitch ads, and I hate this. Also, I don't have time to watch a half-hour video.

Not that I know of. Twitch has ads? I have never seen any on Adblock plus. I'll do a write up of it for the Sound Overhaul Project when I next have time (~January). Hopefully bullettMAGNETT will have a working project for you to use as an example well before then. :wink:

ok FYI the mod now has an official name A.R.P ( Audio Replacement Project) :D

and i manage to substitute the RAPIER sounds w00t! right now im working on the left over sounds i had not rendered or tweaked, reworked some of the initial sounds and then ill be writing the CFG for each engine and decouplers.

I've Been all day making sounds , testing phase not done yet since i have to relocate and write all the cfg to the new 0.23 textfiles.

No .dll plugin on this release but ill work on that on the upcoming releases with more tweaks and better organization.

Finally a managed to Make SRB sounds completely from scratch!! w00t!! :D :D and i think the sound good enough. Feedback would be appreciated with the final release to rate the sounds so that i can tweak on the new releases.

Still haven't made the jet engine sounds, they are proving to be pretty challenging, so i'm might skip them on this release for time sake and quality. ( they don't sound quite nice for me yet and its not acceptable ) :D

what else...... so far nothing else to say i'll be posting with more updates soon :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 5/2/2014 I'M NOT DEAD YET!

Good things come to those who wait they say :P ( i hope i'm right em.. or they), jokes aside january started pretty crazy over here, limiting my time to do the finishing touches D: but this mod is not staying indoors beyond february! all the sounds are done!! woohoo!

Just need to check they all work and sound well in-game together and check the the untested ones. after that release :)

until very soon my fellow kerbalnauts!

hey there, so far its just engines sounds, and some parts. Ion engines will have sound.

On the other hand, i will try figure out how to make a plugin to add sounds to other parts in game, since i already got a couple more sounds in the works.

All the delays have been due to several factors, reworking sounds, figuring out how to recreate sounds using synths and real life issues that have limited my time to work on the whole project.

I gave up the plugin development because i was going nowhere, since i've been digging into C# tutorials to try to figure out how to implement more stuff and make the mod smaller and more centralized.

I will develop more sounds and tweak existing ones to have then sound smooth like butter.

there might be minor glitches here and there with the sounds, if you find something you don't like feel free to post it on the forum and ill do my best to address it.

In total so far there are 30 new sounds working, i plan to expand on them and make more unique details to some others.

One detail i never managed to fix was the pitching of most sounds, since ksp does this inside the game, i can't for now change it until i develop a .dll

i do hope you guys enjoy the new sounds. i will be uploading soon.

CHEERS :D

yes so far the mod modifies the part .cfg until i figure out how to use module manager for them it has to be like that. I first started messing with module manager but it got out of my hand in term of actually making it work lol. So to be able to release the sounds i had to do it the "simple" way. now that the sounds are up and running i will focus on figuring out how to make a plugin or use module manager to use the sounds.

sorry not good at programming i'll try to get better for the next release :)

Beyond the need for modmanager (for the sake of compatability and easy removal) the only feedback I have so far is that it seems like the startup and shutdown sounds are exceptionally long for some of the engines. I'm thinking of the separatrons specifically here. The shutdown noise they make lasts longer than their fuel supply did and it makes a horrible racket.

I haven't had time lately to do anything but add a turbojet to a tank and launch it into the stratosphere, unfortunately. Love the turbojet sound, more feedback later.

Hmm, I'll try to throw up a cfg if I can or if I have time but don't hold your breath on this.

Also, I love most of the sounds but the others are quite weak... I find it disturbing that the smaller engines sound louder ._.

You have two choices:

Soundtrack editor or HotRockets.

It's where you can hook up sounds. Even you can do it :D

Edited by blackheart612

Hey there, boberts314, thanks for the feedback, i will check into tweaking the sounds for the next release. I Would love to get more feedback on the name of the engines you like or dislike the sounds.

Separatron sound still doesnt have a custum engage/disengage/flameout sound finished, probably thats why.

The other problem i have with this release is tha game pitching the sounds and basically messing up the streght of the original sample. Take for example the SRB they sound over pitched ingame but the real sound has more rumble in the bass.

Im working on releasing the mod with Module Manager to centralize the installation and control the pitch to more of my liking :)

Most rocket flameouts were inspired by the sounds of the SRB detaching from the Space Shuttle.

Ill check the shutdown sounds and see how to fix it.

Man the turbojet engine is one of my favorite sounds too :D i just need to fix the startup for it so that it has a smoother transition from off to on :) keep bringing the feedback im taking note for making the fixes :D

I am glad you are liking the mod and enjoying it :)

The startup sounds simulate the gasy sound in the start of a engine ( videos from space launches inspired these) well they might be a bit longer that can be fixed or released 2 versions :) more choices the better :D

Beyond the need for modmanager (for the sake of compatability and easy removal) the only feedback I have so far is that it seems like the startup and shutdown sounds are exceptionally long for some of the engines. I'm thinking of the separatrons specifically here. The shutdown noise they make lasts longer than their fuel supply did and it makes a horrible racket.

I haven't had time lately to do anything but add a turbojet to a tank and launch it into the stratosphere, unfortunately. Love the turbojet sound, more feedback later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.