Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

Jeb's dead, baby. Tried a "suicide burn" coming in to land on the Mun, turned out to be an accurate description. The pod flew away from the impact site, so I thought, "Hey, maybe Jeb can EVA and land safely" Errr.... no.... Don't know what speed he hit the surface, but a puff of dust, and Jeb's gone. There is a memorial flag planted next to the big flag in front of the launch pad. I have a feeling it may not be the last...

My Jebster was stranded on Duna for 50 years, I finally rescued him, gave him a few missions to my ISS, and then he died in a catastrophic failure during ascent at about 7km. But, thanks to a certain file in a certain directory (no names to protect the innocent), I brought him back to life, and now he's going back to the ISS and then to Dres.

He got on my rescue mission pod wich was supposed to be empty, so I had to kick him out to make room for Erley :)
He snuck into my probe-operated rescue vessel and I had to kick him out to make room for the bounty.
He climbed aboard my rescue craft designed to save kerbals stranded in orbit.

I'm seeing a trend...Jeb is actually in a long-term module on Minmus (or Ike, I can't remember) because, though I picked someone else for the mission, this game loves to reset your pilot selections.

• 3 months later...

Looking after the "used spaceplane graveyard" at the island. When I tech up, i like to leave a copy of the freshly obsolete craft on the island. Until the yesterday's kraken attack, there was about 20 of them, every single an original. Jeb was intentionally left with no fuel in one of them.

With all the survivability mods I have, the (usually) first thing that happens to Jeb in my career mode's is that he dies. But don't worry, he does it in many different ways, so it's always fun.

Ditto. My last Jeb killed lost his life upon reentry into Kerbin at too steep of an angle.

On my current save, he has been relegated to testing new lifters. No unplanned lithobraking yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.