Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

• 1 month later...

First sandbox, he is one with bill and Bob and kerbin

Science, only doing no risk missions and enough parachutes to slow down to 1 m/s or so

Second sandbox, stuck in a highly elliptical orbit around kerbin ( 0.5 Mm- 50Mm) with no electricity and no forseeable change in orbit caused by minmus

Irony at its best.. see over a year ago I designed what became the first of a class of land-trains...because I lost a plane in the mountain regions outside of KSC..

Jeb was stranded and any plane sent crashed on landing.. so I made a train... this was over a year ago.. now trains for everything and no more planes :)

so yesterday I was modding power requirements and torque on the bogeys along with alternator output.. and accidentally created a monster..

my locomotive KSP-44 Mark 3 showed no hesistation as she climbed a hill with 4 cars.. impressed by this.. I throttled up with jeb as the driver and head towards the mountain.. yes.. those mountains..

becoming more impressed with what was done.. wheels at 1 ton each.. etc the train just kept climbing the mountain.. until she was almost vertical still climbing at 8m/s..

czJ2WUS.jpg

until I reached the top of a peak and was greeted by a sudden flat section...

KTP-44 is nothing but a fuel tank.. on many fuel tanks, hauling fuel tanks...

the underside of the mid mounted fuel tank caught the edge of the mountain.. exploded..

the locomotive split in 2.. exploding again.. following it 2 remaining fuel tankers also exploded..

Jeb... now sits in the cab.. that somehow survived with Bill and Bob..

ontop of a mountain.. stranded..with a pile of bogeys thats become a signature sign that thar once be a train here....

the very same mountain and similar position that I lost a plane a year ago :)

g9rAjb4.jpg

Jeb was piloting a prototype command service module to orbit (RSS) but the launcher failed to reach orbit. Jeb aborted but the fall back to earth was too steep and he was crushed by excessive G-force. He's being downloaded now... ;)

Jeb along with Bill and Bob, plus a few others, are Heading to Duna thanks to a nice Gravity assist sling Shot:

3077C2B74EB2E7D2FAB4C9FAA42F2ED7CFA59167

All this was done to complete 2 contracts. One of which was a Minmus. Which helped fund the other part of the ship to help push them to Duna.

where is Jebediah Kerman in your savefile?

He 's dead. He re-entered with a too high incidence angle. And burned.

The good news is that he always wanted to travel and ended spread across Kerbin's skies.

Edited by Flef

Jeb is currently manning the first Duna mission. A small station that was to land probes. However with remote tech i cant get signal to the probes. So now Jeb has to wait on a second mission to bring a lander. Bob and Bill are with him.

I always give my Orange Suiters the first shot at everything.

Dammit Jeb!

He snuck aboard an orbital construction flight that was supposed to be unmanned!

Now he's wandering around alone in a shipment of space station parts that will be heading to Tylo in 90 days. And he's supposed to be on another flight. I'm going to have to go get him.

Edited by Brainlord Mesomorph

In one of my old savefiles, Jeb was orbiting Kerbin in an elliptical orbit with an apoapsis of 2Mm (that's 2,000km, folks) and a periapsis of 100km. ... With no electric charge, and not enough fuel to get back to Kerbin even if he could start the engine. This was beginner career, so a rescue mission would not be coming anytime soon.

... I deleted that save. It was just too painful.

He is in a ship orbiting Kerbin known as the Pandora

it was supposed to go to Duna, but apparently it doesn't have enough dV, (miscalculation before flight)

The Kerbals at Mission Control however are thinking of turning it into the ferry for the new Mün station.

Jeb died recently in a freak climbing accident. Both of the deaths that have occurred in my career have been during survey contracts. The first was Jeb, who was trying to rush down a mountain too quickly. Next was a some other pilot, who forgot to turn on the SAS on take off in a jet and careered off the runway. I have to say I felt pretty sketchy when I immediately went back to the SPH and shoved another rookie pilot in the same aircraft design after he had surely just witnessed his colleague being blown apart by a malfunctioning aircraft.

still standing on the side of the cab that once was a part of a 44 Class mk2 locomotive that was bound for bombo station outpost on a fuel train run...

a mark 3 rescue train arrived lastnight and made a 30km trip to KSC.....stupidly without jeb...hes still waiting for tonights return train

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.