Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

Mine is testing the big Jool 5 ship I'm designing, the Eureka 5. He's going to Jool when it's finished. 

So are Bill, Bob, and Val, but those three are doing a full science survey of Moho at the moment. That could take a while. 

And when that's done, I'll download the Outer Planets Mod, and have all 4 explore those worlds. Many big plans!

In my current 1.0.5 career, Jeb retired with a peerage.  He's now known as Lord Jeb, Duke of Mun and Minmus, and must give permission for any flight entering his demense, plus can tax everything there, demand the service of any crew member, and administer both low and high justice in the SOIs of both bodies.  In all of this, he is answerable only to the Emperor.

In the current save, he's testing out wacky craft launched from KSC. He's almost endearingly loveable and cute, if one didn't know any better.

In a previous and much more progressed save, he is stuck on a partially completed (but, he assures, fully-armed and operational) battle station orbiting the moons of End- I mean, Jool. Bill and Bob stopped resupplying him ever since 'Tina made it back with a little droid containing the full plans.

Many Kerbals died to bring us this information.

Currently on Gilly. Doing scientific stuff with Bill and Bob. He's not looking forward to be frozen again whilst they wait for a year for the transfer window. (Food supplies being limited and such, the nuclear powered freezer is the cheaper option.)

• 2 weeks later...

My Jeb has just returned from the first successful spaceplane landing on another body on Duna (OK it was tail first but hey that counts right) and has just been joined at KSC by Bob who returned from a dull trip to Jool orbit and Bill who visited Laythe (plane landing aborted due to crash landing of similar vessel by a less skilled kerbonaut).

They are waiting for the latest heavy lander design to be proved on Tylo before setting off on an historic first return mission to Eve.

Edited by cosimas
missed wordle

My Jeb is running a 3 star spaceplane taxi service to the orbital fuel depot while waiting for the big Duna mining mission to finish KCT construction.

On the last descent, he came in hot, forgot about the nose retros, and clipped the light on the end of the runway at 50m/s.  He was fine of course, and rescued the 2 RTGs that had broken loose in the cargo bay, recovering 50% of the craft's value.

So right at the moment he's on vacation waiting for another spaceplane to finish construction.

His batteries failed de-orbiting a tourist shuttle, and he was unable to orient properly for re-entry. He burned up, and the tourists were all given complimentary tickets on the next (improved) shuttle, after Stage Recovery rescued them all back to the astronaut complex.

In my first career Jeb is um..picnicking..on the Mun right now.  He successfully deposited my first rover on the Munar surface (so many lessons learned there...) and then realized he didn't have nearly enough fuel to get home, so I set him down to wait...and wait...for a rescue :wink:

Jeb is currently on a 80km / 500000km elliptical orbit around Kerbin with an inclination of like +30°, and like 0.5 jetpack fuel remaining. He's there since more than 300 days. He got there because he has the stupid habit of climbing into crafts that require specific kerbals that isn't him, or planned to be initially unmanned. This time it was a five man rescue ship where Jeb took a seat. I noticed it too late, so I had to face a decision where he was the only one of six I wasn't contracted to bring home. Well, see ya Jeb - you can have all the crossword puzzles we brought for the trip!

And he stays there because I'm mightly annoyed by his habit and I want him to learn the lesson. I'm also considering to use his remaining fuel to make him an inclination-marker for Minmus.

Edited by Evanitis

Jeb (and Bob too) currently resides long-term at Minmus Akademy and Research Station, training new recruits. They will be getting reassigned to one of the inevitable Jool exploration missions in the near future.

My career Jeb? Sitting in a Mk1 capsule on the launchpad in the first Mun lander of this iteration. He keeps asking why mission control refuses to let him use Smart A.S.S., but we're ignoring him. Assuming he doesn't have any "incidents", he'll be on Minmus this weekend, getting some frosty mint dessert.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.