Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

Okay I'll just say that where he usually is because he is having a coffee at the astronaut complex. So for me jeb spent a lot of time on minmus chilling in a lander that ran out of fuel around 1km above surface level and crashed down but somehow he survived as I tried hard to reduce the impact. Jeb also spent some time on a space station just cause I could as he was having a "vacation" but when he was having "lunch" with his friend mitfred a docking port came into view and I just took jeb and 2 more astronauts and sped away.

He's on my Minmus outpost on one of the flats with a load of scientists/Engineers (was a contract). Preparing the area for a mining/refuelling station which will be brought along with my interplanetary ship . And hopefully will board the ship before it heads off to Duna.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Um... On kerbin escape trajectory because he ran out of fuel during a mun fly by and is now almost out of snacks and I'm not doing anything because he's Jeb and he should be able to save himself (and Bill and Dunwel)

Edited by max_creative
Sorry if I necrothreaded this, but it's only from February right?

On a new save I just started where I decided to revisit pure stock, my Jeb is now fertilizing the grassy plains of Kerbafrica because in a fit of ADHD, I "briefly" alt-tabbed to check something "for just a sec" while his capsule was preparing for re-entry after a Munar orbital mission. That "sec" turned into fifteen minutes, and since I run with sound muted... well...

Edited by jonrd463

Dead. R.I.P

However this is only in my mess around testing-y save, which is currently my only save given I'm on a pre 1.1 hiatus

On February 21, 2016 at 9:15 PM, SurrealShock said:

Oh pbbbbb he is um... well um... So how is the weather? (Casual subject change)

Explaining the joke just makes it less funny, the KSP forums isn't populated with inept people.

On 3/19/2016 at 0:48 PM, Markush100 said:

He died when i bolted a crew capsule on a SRB. Well he at least died for science!

Markush100, meet Quicksave. Quicksave, meet Markush100. I'm sure the two of you will get along famously....... ^_^

(srsly, don't let me catch you killing Jebediah ever again!)

My Jebediah is at Arclight Station orbiting Minmus, doing initial prep for my Career-mode mission to Duna. The flagship is incoming in six hours game time; Jebediah will be taking the helm, along with twelve other Kerbonauts and seven tourists, for a mission that will earn a cool two million in contracts and get thirteen Kerbals that third star.

4 hours ago, GeneralVeers said:

Markush100, meet Quicksave. Quicksave, meet Markush100. I'm sure the two of you will get along famously....... ^_^

Hey! Its not my fault! The engineers forgot to add a parachute! And whats this "Quiek Seiv" You are talking about. Cant seem to find the button in mission control!?

Jeb and Val are both five star pilots now, and effectively sitting at the astronaut complex in retirement. They only get used if all other pilots are already busy.

I hate to risk them on experimental stuff, so lesser pilots get assigned.

I hate wasting experience on them, so lesser pilots get assigned.

Mine is on Minmus, having spent almost all of his 300 day career on the base. The whole crew is overdue for a rotation, and Jebediah will soon be back home, ready for the upcoming Duna mission.

Meanwhile, in an alternate reality, Jeb's remains are spread thinly through the western mountains. Some distance away, the ripped, burnt parachute lies on the rocks. We will remember. :'(

On 3/19/2016 at 2:48 PM, Markush100 said:

He died when i bolted a crew capsule on a SRB. Well he at least died for science!

I've done this one too! Except I didn't forget parachutes.  I wanted to get a crew report contract done quickly and cheaply, so I rolled out the starting command pod on a BACC booster.  There was only about 1 second in between "heat warning bar appears" and "ship spontaneously combusts"

In my Science and Career games, idling between missions.

In my main game in sandbox, dead since my very first launch because I used liquid fuel fuselages instead of LF/O tanks, so only the Flea boosters fired, and then I found out what happens when the parachute icons are red... Bill, Bob, and Valentina suffered similar fates during attempts to make my first orbit.

This one? currently???

Alive and well.... the first suicide mission that comes up, he *will* step forward....

15 hours ago, Markush100 said:

Hey! Its not my fault! The engineers forgot to add a parachute! And whats this "Quiek Seiv" You are talking about. Cant seem to find the button in mission control!?

quick save, push F5 I think it is, saves your game .... at most times.... like when just before Jeb explodes.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.