Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

31 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

In the Astronaut Complex, obsessively playing Booster Simulator. What he doesn't know is that he's actually remote controlling a booster.

Mine is also at the Astronaut Complex but he is awaiting an trip up to the krakenslayer and the Tylo base payload. Time for an new Jool mission. 

Well.........He is now the first Kerbal to live on Laythe, but doesn't seem to bother because he always has a smile on his Face...........He got there by my stupidity, first I forgot to retract the solar panels, then the power went out causing the lander to tumble. The engine exploded and now it just a capsule, a fuel tank, legs, and two small solar panels....

Can't rescue him, because the Kraken attacks once I get close with a vessel to Jeb about 1-5km away...Sorry Jeb. 

• 5 weeks later...

Jeb has recently set forth on my first interplanetary voyage.

Along with Bill, Bob, and two minions, in a heavy science mining hopper with a giant booster made of 5x LV-Ns and mk3 liquid fuelselages clawed to the back.

Right now, he's keeping a close eye on the water and oxygen levels, since there's only a few days worth of storage and the recycling units need to be checked on regularly to keep them updated.

In another 300 days, they'll be arriving at Dres for science and asteroid collection.

Edited by suicidejunkie

Currently loitering about my Mun orbit station, having made occasional trips to the surface while he and Val wait the arrival of Odyssey (OTV with a mk2 lander can) to ferry them home to the Kerbin station K2 while delivering a bit of fuel.

Not a huge station, but the two of them, and a scientist, as doing fine so far.

Currently sitting around on the MIOS. (Minmus International Orbital Station) Once he returns I'm probably going to use him for aircraft testing or perhaps use him on the crew of a different station.

Spoiler

p0AmNqH.jpg

For those wondering how interior overlay is turned on in the cupola, but off for the rest of the ship, I took two pictures, one with interior overlay on and one with it off, and pasted the part of the image containing the cupola from the one with it turned on onto the image with it turned off.

Edited by DolphinDude3

Jeb, along with Bill, Bob, and Val are currently on the Perseus mothership in polar Duna orbit. This is a multi-year manned mission to Duna to get as much SCIENCE as possible. However, I didn't bring large enough ore tanks, so I can't get enough fuel for the return home. I'm currently designing a giant miner probe to go to Duna, mine hundreds of units of ore, and refuel the Perseus. The mega-probe will stay at Duna while Jeb and company return to Kerbin. A 2-year mission seems to ballooning into a FIVE-year mission!

Several thousand science was transmitted, though. I now have over 14,000 science in that save!

In 1.1 I accidentally blew up the nose cone on a dove ssto. Good news: that was the first every successful manned ssto I every flew in any version. Bad news: I killed about 7 Kerbals (9 if you count Jeb multiple times), and now he's stuck with no fuel. At least he's in a better place than 1.0.5 Jeb... Look back and you'll see the post...

My Jeb is lounging in the very large space station, or is he? I haven't checked there for a while and I'm afraid he might have stolen one of the escape pods and de-orbited. Well, I know he is alive though.

My Jeb is lounging in the very large space station, or is he? I haven't checked there for a while and I'm afraid he might have stolen one of the escape pods and de-orbited. Well, I know he is alive though.

42 minutes ago, DunaRocketeer said:

Jeb must be so bored in my game - just a blue collar hauler doing LEO runs again and again... 

In the meantime Val is in the Jool system having a great time :sticktongue:

Sounds very much like my Jeb.

Kicking tyres around KSC or flying boring tanker and gawker runs while Val gets all the fun missions.

(Having three sons and one daughter tends to do that to grumpy old men ...)

Currently flying a 32 seat tourist bus back from a Mun / Minmus sightseeing trip. It was supposed to be a shake-down flight for this vessel, but the tourists sneaked aboard at the last moment. As Jeb hasn't actually landed this aircraft before it could be tricky, but first he has to do some pretty wild aero-braking because of lack of fuel.

Jebediah Kerman is sitting in the forward cockpit module of a unintentionally oriented rocket on the surface of Duna which he has demanded be renamed to Jebediah Station. It is not crewed by the best scientists, but it has gathered a stupendous amount of data and is considered a key research facility. Jeb and Bill had been working on methods to get the pointy end facing into space but they only managed to start breaking stuff. KSC Command had some choice words to say on the matter of breaking the antenna, ending with the phrase "...prison ship on Kerbol escape trajectory." Since then, Jebediah has turned his attention to learning to meditate whilst Bill has been assisting KSC Command with plans for a Duna ascent vehicle to be landed nearby. Jebediah is skeptical about any other pilot's ability to land a rocket upright on Duna and has advised KSC Command he plans to learn to move rockets WITH HIS MIND! He also said something about flying on a magic carpet to meet with the king of the potato people.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.