Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

Currently my Jeb is bouncing around the Joolian system in a retrograde orbit.  I'm seeing how little fuel I can use to gather up all the inspacehigh, and inspace low science.  I managed to use Tylo to get a gravity assist into orbit.  So far I have used up about 150 d/v with 4000d/v to spare. All I have left is Bop and Pol.

bHHPeIR.png

l5OkLBX.png

:)

On 10/29/2017 at 7:31 AM, eloquentJane said:

Jeb is often the accidental test pilot of experimental launches that were meant to be uncrewed. As such, he's been killed a fair few times.

Jeb regularly does this. It's so annoying when you send a rover to Duna's surface unmanned then land to find Jeb has snuck onboard and you don't have the seats to bring him back.

He's sitting in an abandoned Duna rover right now. He's probably Mark Watneyed the crap out of it.

My Jeb right now? In an inclined orbit around the Mun. He's been there for around 100 days, I've yet to rescue him. He was orbiting the Mun when I made my first successful Mun landing and return, still in orbit when I did my first Minmus landing, and will probably still be stuck there when I make my first voyage to Duna. He's going to have a lot of catching up to do once he gets back.

I did try to rescue him once, but I forgot the fact that my relative speed was 500 m/s at the intercept. I think all Jeb saw was a flash of spaceship whizzing past him, while he was unable to do anything about it. So close, yet so far away from rescue... He probably has PTSD by now. :P

Edited by [insert_name_here]

Mine is currently dead. Bob is the only one of the initial four to have survived in my most advanced career mode world. If I was to blame anything for their deaths, it would be the crappy starter landing gear.

I ended up using alt-f12 to make a new Kerbal.

"[astronauts] are expendable." --- Some random physics professor

UPDATE after a horrible accident on the ship Voyager 1 where the camera stopped working jebidiah Kerman was killled in orbit of Sarnus due to “dissapearing ship syndrome” but using dark file editing magic Jeb was brought back to life at kerbin where he traveled back to sarnus in the starship Voyager 3 to rescue the crew of Voyager 2 that have been stranded on Tal around Urlum.

My Jeb was killed by BARIS towards the end of my program's 1st rocket launch.  Staging the parachutes caused his Mk 1 Pod OF DEATH to explode a few seconds later.  The parachutes had opened by then and came fluttering down to be recovered, but Jeb's ashes sprinkled down over a wide swath of Scrap Metal Bay.

Jeb is recuperating in the KSC after returning from my failed attempt at making a mobile moon lab.  The idea was to have a craft with a processing lab land on the Mun and collect data, process that data, then bunny hop to a new biome and repeat.  Unfortunately, it did not have enough battery to run life support through the long Munar night (running TAC Life Support), so I had to make an emergency launch to orbit before my Kerbals (5 on this mission) froze to death.  Then I found that I had enough battery charge to run life support while on the dark side of my orbit, but not enough to actually run the lab.  I sent a probe with a ton of batteries on it to rendesvous with the spacecraft (that took FOREVER) and used KAS to add them to the lab.  Needless to say, it was able to process all of the data, then land again and repeat the process before it had to go back to Kerbin.  The final reentry stage has been known to spontaneously flip and explode when reentering from the Mun, so I had to use about 1000 m/s of delta v to slow my self down for the landing.  I had also never tested the parachutes to see if they could slow it down enough, but luckily they worked and everyone made it back to Kerbin safe and sound, with about 2000 science to boot.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

My Jeb is now dead (Not because of a crash. Well, not the crash of a craft)

I was flying around in a helicopter, shooting fireworks at the KSC facilities and blowing them up, when suddenly the game stopped  (I was pressing 1, the action group I hooked up to the fireworks launchers) like crazy, so I think just the sheer amount of fireworks caused it to crash. ) I saw a popup of a kerbal and a red square with an exclamation mark. The game stayed frozen, but didn't close, and for some reason Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't open the menu where I could open task manager and shut it down. 

I restarted the computer, then started KSP. Everything seems to be working fine, but because I was flying at the time the game crashed it couldn't save it, and it marked both Jeb and Bill (Who where in the helicopter) as dead. I still have Bob and Val.

No other problems, KSP is working fine. But Jeb is dead ;.;.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.