Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

Sitting in a lander docked to the CSM in low orbit around Duna. Never having landed on Duna before, the outcome of this mission is in question. What I do know is, even if the landing, return launch, and rendezvous are a success, unless the lander is far more efficient than I planned on and I can transfer fuel, Jeb will be stuck with Bill and Bob in Low Duna Orbit until a rescue refueling mission can be pieced together.

This would not have happened if I had held off any 3-man single launch Apollo-Style interplanetary missions until large Rockomax tanks and Mainsails were developed.

Edited by MistaX8

Mine's orbiting Duna aboard the Titan I, mothership for the highly ambitious Duna Extended Research Program (DERP), while his buddies do all the boring sciency stuff. Note: Jeb does not actually like the Titan. It is too large and underpowered for his tastes, as it took several orbits around Kerbin to get to Duna because it didn't have the TWR to do it in a single burn. He thinks it would benefit from MOAR BOOSTERS. I guess that's what I get for trying to send the equivalent* of three big orange tanks to Duna with only four nuclear engines. Also, the landers were very heavy and attached with a single standard docking port each. They threatened to snap off at any moment, meaning Jeb had to be more careful than he was used to. Overall, Jeb will be happy to get back to Kerbin and strap himself to some good old-fashioned SRBs... Just as soon as the emergency refueling tanker gets there, that is.

*The Titan has a single orange tank, and each of the two landers has four 1/4-size tanks.

Jeb is currently in a very realistic simulator REPEATEDLY attempting to actually touch down safely on the moon. The program seems to have mastered all the other skills needed to get to orbit, get to a stable Mun orbit, and returning to Kerbin safely - it's actually managing to touchdown safe on the moon that's stalled career progress.

The Duna mission was a resounding success, no refueler was needed. However, Jeb is now really stuck in a new location, albeit, a much more pleasant one. Jeb is stuck on Laythe in a lander that does not have enough DeltaV to get back into orbit. I already sent a refueler to save the CSM stuck in an eccentric orbit but didn't even consider the fact that the same lander I used for Duna would not be able to get off of Laythe. I'm currently contemplating whether to send Jeb a rescue lander or keep him on Laythe while I send parts to set up a base there.

Preparing to test my first interplanetary space shuttle on a mission to the Mun and back. If it succeeds he'll return to Kerbin on a small escape capsule and come back in a few months with Bill to refuel the shuttle and fly it to Eve.

My Jeb disappeared for several days. I later found him on the roof high on rocket fumes, singing "Puff the Magic Kraken" at the stars

AA82A81895D666B161EAED4466C5EE40C3193A5C

(Cleans coffee off of keyboard....)

My Jeb is currently on a newley built spacestation training for a (probably unsucessful) first Laythe attempt. The Athena Deep Space Project ship is being assembled at the station and is only awaiting its fuel/engine/probe package that is currently undergoing crash testing.....

Then off to Laythe! The atmospheric lander should* work on any world except Eve, well, it should land OK, Just become a very tiny house. The main craft will have a compliment of several probes (disposible for Jool, and both atmospheric and soft landers, plus orbiters) and once back from Laythe, the main lander can be repurposed for non atmo landings in the Jool system, as the heat sheilds will of been discarded.

*yeah, right, who am I kidding...:confused::cool::sealed:

Edited by pslytely psycho

last seen attempting to un-SCRAM a nuclear reactor 20km above the mun... the correlation between that attempt, and the sudden destruction of the mun refueling station are currently being investigated by Bill and Kurt back at KSC.

Similar to the op, he's stuck in an orbit above moon with Bill, Bob, and Buzz (all the right people) after a lunar landing. They just have enough fuel to make a highly inclined orbit, but the periapsis would still be a couple million above kerbin's atmosphere.

Rescue mission is pending.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.