Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

Jeb has just returned from his 3rd mission this in-game month, twice to the Mun (different craters), another time to Minmus. He's currently standing in the VAB disturbing the poor engineers by looking between the current 1.25m asparagus lifter and the pile of boosters while grinning in a most disconcerting manner. Bill and Bob are starting to feel like the astronaut complex is home, as they haven't been on a single mission yet. I have a feeling Jeb is waiting for them to get good and settled in before 'requesting their presence' on some crazy interplanetary suicide run. Just so he can be amused on those long transfers.

safe at KSC for now, he spent the last five years on 3 different missions, he went into orbit around duna and Ike in one of those, orbited around Eve and landed on Gilly on another, then went on to land on Dres. I think he's due for a little vacation

I heard the beaches of Laythe are pretty nice this time of year. :wink:

yeah, sadly i don't send kerbals on another planet if i don't know i can get them back, i'm not super good right now at in-orbit building so something that can get to laythe, land and return is out of my reach... for now...

He... err... It was totally planned for him to establish a permanent research base on the Mün! Alone. Without any science instruments except for a thermometer. Without landing legs or an engine. It was totally not actually the case that we just wanted to throw him into space for a few hours in a ship designed for that and only that (with just a little fuel to spare), but then found that there was a good oppurtunity for a Mün landing! We would never ever act without planning ever at all! That idea is so wrong that I don't even want to comment on it. No. He's really absolutely supposed to be stranded living on the Mün!

Jeb> "Day 412523 on the moon. Temperature: Still the same as yesterday. And the day before. And the day before. And..."

Jeb> "Day 412523 on the moon. Temperature: Still the same as yesterday. And the day before. And the day before. And..."

(12 days later) ok we have enough temperature readings to develop spaceplane parts, we will need you to stay there another few years before we get enough science to save you. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is on a very eccentric orbit ranging from jool to moho.

What happened was a simple mission to duna, i ran out of fuel some 300 deltaV short from meeting kerbin. The craft had no docking ports and was full of valuable science i didn't want to send over the radio so i built a kind of space tug or rather push, a craft that would meet up with it and push it to kerbin at which point another one of these would catch it. The pushing action worked brilliantly, only problem was it had a crazy amount of velocity when it arrived in kerbin and i couldn't catch it in time so it flew off to its current orbit.. its been there for several years of ingame time now, im planning on rescuing him as soon as i get the atomic rocked unlocked :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.